Under Two Flags Island Tour in St. Maarten

aafdmom

Mouseketeer
am thinking of taking this tour when in St Maarten on our cruise in October...would like to hear from anyone who has taken this did you like it?

Thanks
Sue

am thinking of taking this tour when in St Maarten on our cruise in October...would like to hear from anyone who has taken this did you like it?

Thanks
Sue

We enjoyed it. The tour just goes, basically, around the island, stops for shopping, and photo ops. Mostly just a nice tropical island. I thought it was pretty, but really HOT (and we were there at the end of September).

:cutie:

It was OK for an adult. For a teen--BORING (just ask mine!) It's a nice island to see, but this but consider the make up of your group before booking this.

Thanks
Sue
Hey Sue, We enjoyed it last time we were there, and wouldn't mind doing it again. But kcashner is right though, I can see where teens and most older kids would find it boring.

I agree with everyone else....it was okay, but my kids were not happy at all. Even my DH fell asleep. :lmao:

I will not do this again. Buses AC did not work. Drove through some pretty poor neighborhoods. Alot of graffiti. Shopping was the same on the other side of the island. My DS 8 and DD 6 were bored out of their skulls. Just my 2 cents.

thanks for the responses! no teens going :)..maybe my adult son and his wife or just me!

Hey Allen....thanks for your input also! thought it might be interesting and something i could do if no one else in our group wants to...everyone is coupled off but me so fine if they would like to or if not offf i goooooooooooo :)

Went on this excursion years ago, on HAL, it even had the same name. At the end of the excursion I heard someone refer to it as, "A bus ride through nothing, to nothing." Admittedly St. Maarten is a one of the more 'desert islands' in the Caribbean, not at all lush. We found it an interesting excursion because we had never been there before.

We thought it was a nice relaxing way to see the whole island. We really enjoyed our shopping stops too.

If you're willing to not use DCL for excursions, I would go with Bernard's Tours instead of the Under Two Flags Tour with Disney.

Bernard's does public and private tours.....This was the most memorable excursion we went on.....Wonderful time! And you get to see/do much more on this tour than the "Under Two Flags" one.

Been there, done that! I would save your money! You just sit on a bus and go through some boring neighborhoods. You get off for a few minutes to shop and back on the bus. Also, make sure to use the bathroom before you go. In our experience, they are not free. You either had to buy food at a restaurant or pay $1.00 per person at a little mall to use the bathroom. It was ridiculous.

I would save the money and take the water taxi over to the main town area. We did this on our second cruise there and loved it. We shopped and then hung out at the beach. It was a much more enjoyable and affordable day.

Took the tour last year and went again last month with some family that had not gone. They have big busses now rather than the old vans and busses. I would sit on the driver side of the bus if you go. There are more photo shots out the wind to include the ocean, scenery and the boarder crossing sign. They do make one phone stop at the top of one of the hills after they cross the boarder. Not a great spot, but is what they offer. It is a quick 5 minute stop and then back on the bus. They do stop one other time for you to sepnd your time shopping. They are mostly tenk kiosks that they have around the city center that you can make purchases. The stop is right off the water so the DW and I just sit by the water and wait for the 45-60 minutes to pass. There are public restroom close to where they park the bus that are free except someone collects tips to hand you a paper towl. There is also a nice hotel that is rather close to the center of town that you can use but does cost you a dollar. Supposed to be really extravigant, didn't use either time.

As stated in other posts, not a kid or teen thing. Nice pictures but the bus does not slow down and again, be on the driver side nearest to the window. Locals do the tour so you get a little local history. Rate it a 6 out of 10.

Hope this helps.

DH and I did this tour last year and it served its purpose - overview of the island. Although we had an entertaining driver, the drive could be boring if one did not make an effort to take everything in. Shopping time was only 45 minutes, but that was enough - rather touristy. There is never enough port time on cruises to get past the surface.

We have been to that island by ship many times. We did that tour the first time. Ok been there done that!!!! Once was enough, now we know the island. We know how long we have there so we plan ahead at home. Then when we get there we grab a cab and go to Marigot foe French pastry and lunch and a drink. Then get cab back to Phillipsburg for the beach and shops and relax. We have taken the cab to the beach by the airport to watch the jets land and take off and have lunch with friends and a few drinks. What im saying is we dont waste our whole day sitting in a bus. Before you leave home look up ST maartens and see what there is to do and find your own transportation. You can usually find someone to share costs. The cab ride to Marrigot is usually $8 each oneway. You can negotiate with the driver where you want to go. There are some nice beaches to relax at for most of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter