*Un*Official Dis Family Reunion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
are the Dreams discounts out?
John announced on today's (2/16) podcast that they have not secured any group rates at the hotel for this event. He said Disney didn't offer anything better than what is already available. He also said there is a possibility that better rates would be available later and that people should just go ahead and book through Dreams. As usual, the Dreams agents will monitor the prices and if a better deal comes up they will rebook you.

So if the event was announced on the pod yesterday, does that mean this thread is now "Unofficially Official"??? :-)

John mentioned there are no more VIP convention tickets left. I guess they were sold out earlier this year. Just curious what was part of the VIP package? How much did those go for?

Just curious what was part of the VIP package? How much did those go for?
We had the VIP package booked for the original event. IIRC, it included some meet&greets, and priority access to events. It went for ~$750/person I believe. When the original event was postponed we thought we would be traveling elsewhere in early September so we had our tickets refunded.

anyone have the website address? I guess I missed it when I watched the podcast yesterday. I want to see what's happening at the convention before I buy....

Re Sept program: I requested a link to the new GktW event/program from the person that sent the rescheduled event email, and one was sent but it didn't work. I've asked whether the link is active, or if there's an overly vigilant redirect at GKtW website.

Re DIS forum: I think the "official thread" is locked anyway. It would make sense for the DIS team to make a new "official thread" for Sept to keep it tidy. (And update any announcement with that thread link.)

So if the event was announced on the pod yesterday, does that mean this thread is now "Unofficially Official"??? :-)

John mentioned there are no more VIP convention tickets left. I guess they were sold out earlier this year. Just curious what was part of the VIP package? How much did those go for?

This thread was "unofficial" as it is to discuss the unofficial events that folks would be planning and tracking who is going, where they are staying, etc.

The "official" thread would be just for the actual event and then any other events planned by members of the DIS

This thread was "unofficial" as it is to discuss the unofficial events that folks would be planning and tracking who is going, where they are staying, etc.

The "official" thread would be just for the actual event and then any other events planned by members of the DIS

......I was just being silly. Which clearly fell flat.

Thanks.

I just reviewed the presenters and am glad Ridley Pearson is still a presenter because I'm rereading The Kingdom Keepers series now. Plus, Art Smith! This will be my first DIS Event, so I'm looking forward to meeting all of you who are attending.

It looks like the Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge party got pushed back half an hour, so it now ends at midnight.

Right now I'm booked at BWV from September 4-6 and GFV from September 6-12.

I just reviewed the presenters and am glad Ridley Pearson is still a presenter because I'm rereading The Kingdom Keepers series now. Plus, Art Smith! This will be my first DIS Event, so I'm looking forward to meeting all of you who are attending.

It looks like the Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge party got pushed back half an hour, so it now ends at midnight.

Right now I'm booked at BWV from September 4-6 and GFV from September 6-12.
Can you post a link to the program? I can’t find it anywhere….

yikes…. Shots fired to the British.

well I’m British and I know exactly what we are like lol....

Joking aside it just takes so long to get through passport control especially if it’s a few hundred people on the plane and I want to get my Disney on as soon as possible.

also though ME was no more but if it running in September might book it as get one last go before it goes byeeee

John announced on today's (2/16) podcast that they have not secured any group rates at the hotel for this event. He said Disney didn't offer anything better than what is already available. He also said there is a possibility that better rates would be available later and that people should just go ahead and book through Dreams. As usual, the Dreams agents will monitor the prices and if a better deal comes up they will rebook you.

Missed the podcast this week, need to catch up, but yay so glad they mentioned the event on the show, gives me confidence that it is definitely going ahead.

as my holiday count down was at 200 days today so getting excited.

so far I'm at BLT. If cove variants start throwing a transmission party in the summer, I'll move to OKW or SSR where the doors are external.

Isn't there a large outdoor space near/at BLT? I thought I saw a decent sized hang-out space there. On the downside, it will be rather hot for most folks, leaving just the early morning and evenings for outdoor gathering.... bring your lemongrass/lavender/citronella bug-spray-of-choice.... :/

Hey y'all, I know the thread has been quiet lately. Understandable, since some of us might be considering whether or not to move to the Sept event.

I thought though it might be worth pondering whether we'd like to discuss unofficial gatherings. I think I'm still going to be in the mask-wearing-in-groups camp, even outdoors, so I think as we plan it would be good to note whether the gathering is "mask required," "mask encouraged," "mask optional," or "naked face!"

Here's some ideas:
Group Costume Party. If Halloween party nights happen, we could go in a theme. If party nights do not happen, we make our own party! (Geyser Point, Costume & Cocktails?)

Sunset at the Bay. Watch the sunset at Bay Lake Towers or at Convention Center. (Need final schedule of the event, though)

Till the Spires Stroll. Early Morning (dawn?) walk from Boardwalk to DHS and back. Wear some Star Wars gear or just be awake enough to wear pants.

Hey y'all, I know the thread has been quiet lately. Understandable, since some of us might be considering whether or not to move to the Sept event.

I thought though it might be worth pondering whether we'd like to discuss unofficial gatherings. I think I'm still going to be in the mask-wearing-in-groups camp, even outdoors, so I think as we plan it would be good to note whether the gathering is "mask required," "mask encouraged," "mask optional," or "naked face!"

Here's some ideas:
Group Costume Party. If Halloween party nights happen, we could go in a theme. If party nights do not happen, we make our own party! (Geyser Point, Costume & Cocktails?)

Sunset at the Bay. Watch the sunset at Bay Lake Towers or at Convention Center. (Need final schedule of the event, though)

Till the Spires Stroll. Early Morning (dawn?) walk from Boardwalk to DHS and back. Wear some Star Wars gear or just be awake enough to wear pants.

These are such good ideas and they all sound fun... I would definitely be up for one or more of those.

Waiting to see what events are planned, but as I’ve said previously with Food and Wine on (and as I’ll be doing it anyway) thinking about a stroll round the World Showcase.

To take in different food kiosks and maybe (look at me saying maybe like it I might not) have a drink or two.

Hoping the team events are announced within a month of two! Anxiously have my finger on the trigger to purchase tickets to the weekend!

Oh another event that we did last time was a pre-registration meet up.

so a few of met in MK for breakfast before all heading over to get ourselves all registered.

breakfast might not be the most sensible in Covid times but maybe it could be tweaked.

I found it really helpful, as it was my first event (and I was solo) it was great to meet some wonderful people at the get go.

Also mean’t I didn’t feel so nervous about going to the event as I already knew people irl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter