*Un*Official Dis Family Reunion 2021

2_Eagle_Mom

Kungaloosh!!
Did you find it? The title of the email is, "Dis Family Reunion Confirming Tickets For NEW September Date"
I too did not get the email, but I'm wondering if that is because I just bought tickets for the event once it was moved to September. By the title of the email, it looks like it was for those people who booked for the first event.

Tiggerette

DIS Veteran
DVC Gold
Adding to the list of ideas for gathering:
Group line wait for the Disney Character Warehouse (Outlet Shopping). Would require a car/taxi to get to since it's off property. I hear that you need to get there early and wait awhile, but that could be a lot of fun to wait in line. Maybe play some trivia, do some sing-alongs.... whatever seems good to pass the time together.

Also, not to be downer or inadvertently trigger someone, but just being real: I have to move by 09/01 and my Mom was recently diagnosed with Stage 4 / metastasized cancer & significant heart failure issues. Since it's hard for me to say whether I'll be able to be present, I'd prefer to co-host any unofficial activities that might need me to host. (Not that there's any activities that need me, my ego still fits in my stormtrooper bucket, but last DIS Reunion I hosted a pre-Pandora gathering and a POR Yee-ha Bob meet-up. I don't feel comfortable doing that this time around considering the move and whether Mom's health will require in-person care at that time.) Again, my apologies for being a downer, but I wanted to be real about what I'm able to commit to doing while we continue to ponder our time together.
Super hugs! :cutie:

k8Davies

K8Davies
Adding to the list of ideas for gathering:
Group line wait for the Disney Character Warehouse (Outlet Shopping). Would require a car/taxi to get to since it's off property. I hear that you need to get there early and wait awhile, but that could be a lot of fun to wait in line. Maybe play some trivia, do some sing-alongs.... whatever seems good to pass the time together.

Also, not to be downer or inadvertently trigger someone, but just being real: I have to move by 09/01 and my Mom was recently diagnosed with Stage 4 / metastasized cancer & significant heart failure issues. Since it's hard for me to say whether I'll be able to be present, I'd prefer to co-host any unofficial activities that might need me to host. (Not that there's any activities that need me, my ego still fits in my stormtrooper bucket, but last DIS Reunion I hosted a pre-Pandora gathering and a POR Yee-ha Bob meet-up. I don't feel comfortable doing that this time around considering the move and whether Mom's health will require in-person care at that time.) Again, my apologies for being a downer, but I wanted to be real about what I'm able to commit to doing while we continue to ponder our time together.
Super hugs! :cutie:
Sending you and your mum some virtual love and support.

This must be so hard to deal and at any time is difficult, but in all this crazy it cannot be easy.

Also think with all the stuff going on probably a good idea for any unofficial event to have a couple of hosts, just in case people have to change plan at the last minute.

PamNC

DIS Veteran
I'm no longer staying at POP, unless I change my mind again, I am staying offsite with another DISer. My AC went out so I need to figure out how to go on the cheap or not go at all. I still want to do as many unofficial activities as possible.

Tiggerette

DIS Veteran
DVC Gold
I'm no longer staying at POP, unless I change my mind again, I am staying offsite with another DISer. My AC went out so I need to figure out how to go on the cheap or not go at all. I still want to do as many unofficial activities as possible.
Thanx Pam. We may need to be flexible about the pool gathering, if pool hopping isn't allowed and off-site guests aren't allowed. I think MaxRebo is also off-site, if I recall. I'm awaiting a number of logistical questions about the SW:GE (sat night) event. I'm a teeny bit concerned about the "full ride experience" for RotR, since I've never done it and have stayed Spoiler-Free so far! :O Really the whole reason I'd go during Primo-Hurricane Season is to see all y'all and the SW:GE to ride RotR. :) Hugs!

Tiggerette

DIS Veteran
DVC Gold
At the risk of spamming this thread, I thought it would be helpful to know that there will be complimentary transportation from / to Contemporary for the SW:GE event. Unlike the Pandora event (organized by Dreams), the shuttle is only going back to the Contemporary. The complimentary parking at Contemporary extends to this event, but I am not exactly clear what time you would be required to exit parking on Sunday morning after the drop-off.

[Edit to Add] Just a helpful reminder that early Sept is prime hurricane + afternoon rainstorm season. You may want to be cautious about flying during 1-5pm, or have back up plan if delayed due to high winds/ rain. Luckily, afternoon rainstorms tend to move quickly, so delays are hopefully minimal impact to you. I'm mainly thinking about folks that book hard-to-get ADRs close to arrival time. Hurricanes are another matter, and will either happen or not. If you're planning to go between Aug-Oct, then you're accepting higher risk for an adventure. I don't worry about hurricanes while @disney, but traveling in/out & food choices- that I worry about. Ramble over..... ;) :cutie:

Last edited:

JKeenz

Mouseketeer
At the risk of spamming this thread, I thought it would be helpful to know that there will be complimentary transportation from / to Contemporary for the SW:GE event. Unlike the Pandora event (organized by Dreams), the shuttle is only going back to the Contemporary. The complimentary parking at Contemporary extends to this event, but I am not exactly clear what time you would be required to exit parking on Sunday morning after the drop-off.
Thank you for the info! This is good to know so we can start thinking about how we will be getting back to other resorts. I will be solo and would be interested in sharing a ride (Uber/Lyft/taxi) with someone back to Pop. Going by myself so late at night does make me a little nervous! And tired! (Since I’m usually asleep by 9 pm 😂)

• PamNC

DIS Veteran
    I wish the event were after October 1 to be honest... would like to enjoy the 50th celebration but alas, it'll be there for quite awhile. that just means another trip

PamNC

DIS Veteran
    Thanx Pam. We may need to be flexible about the pool gathering, if pool hopping isn't allowed and off-site guests aren't allowed. I think MaxRebo is also off-site, if I recall. I'm awaiting a number of logistical questions about the SW:GE (sat night) event. I'm a teeny bit concerned about the "full ride experience" for RotR, since I've never done it and have stayed Spoiler-Free so far! :O Really the whole reason I'd go during Primo-Hurricane Season is to see all y'all and the SW:GE to ride RotR. :) Hugs!
    That makes sense - oh well. I am not going to pay for the SW:GE event - the price is just too high for me. I love ROTR but I'm not a huge Star Wars fan. $400 is a bit much extra for me to spend so I may only do the panels. May not even do those.

k8Davies

K8Davies
    I am really surprised no one posted yesterday - although I suppose today is revenge of the 5th (so we’re still okay)

but wanted to know who’s going to go either cosplaying or bounding to the party.

Just thinking about packing, so I will definitely have a Star Wars themed outfit, but not sure if my luggage will accommodate a full outfit.

WebmasterMaryJo

Techarita
    Staff member
    Administrator
    I'm going with my friend, Chris, and I'm not sure if she's going to do any Star Wars bounding, but I probably won't. I'm just glad we're going.

• GAN

DIS Veteran
    Well it looks like I'll be tagging along unless something changes ...some availability opened up at SSR so I snagged it. My only hope is that they offer AP's by then, but I don't think that's very likely to happen. Looking forward to it!

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES