Ulu Cafe, Aulani

lovetotraveltx

DIS Veteran
I haven't been on in awhile. Did a search but didn't find any specifics so sorry if this is a duplicate!

Any new info on Ulu Cafe, ie menu, hours...

Thanks!

I asked the same thing in another thread but didn't get much response. We'll be there very soon, so I'll post when I can!

Any reports back on the menu? I was hoping to see chicken tenders or strips available somewhere on site. I also thought I heard that they had mac n cheese somewhere. And what about Mickey pretzels with cheese??? Gotta get the lowdown so my picky kids will have something to eat. LOL!

Thanks!

We loved ULU cafe, it was my younger daughter's favorite place and we had lunch there nearly every day. We ate breakfast in our villa, but the breakfasts looked great and were very popular. It must open around 7am, because when we came down around 7:30 to the pools, it was open.

They have a big cooler type place with salads, wraps/sandwiches (including kid size turkey wraps and Mickey shaped PB), fresh fruit (aweseome papaya and pineapple), yogurt, etc. Then there is a cafeteria bit with hot food. They always had flat breads, which were great (kalua pork, cheese and tomato, and lomilomi). And then they would have rice, mashed potatos, meat loaf, chicken, vegies, stuff like that. It is a very good deal for lunch -- the chicken lunch was 1/2 a chicken with sides and it fed my whole family! They also have chips, and a place with muffins, bagels, cookies, etc.

There were no chicken tenders at Ulu but there are chicken tenders (and fries) at the little food shack next to the shave ice place, and I am pretty sure you can order them from the pool side menu. I didn't see Mickey pretzels anywhere, but we didn't eat everywhere.

There's plenty of food to satisfy picky kids. And I loved the ready availabillity of fruit and vegies. If you have a villa, it will be easy to feed picky kids, and the buffet at Makahiki also has a ton of stuff -- we loved it, but it's pricey. There is Mac and Cheese there, and you can order A La Carte. We ate there once, for dinner.

Enjoy!

I'm from CA, and not familiar with WDW food courts! Sorry! It reminded us somewhat of some of the places at DL, which have cafeteria lines and also pre-prepared food. So perhaps similar? The cafeteria part is quite small though, I wouldn't call it full service. But the food was good, well-priced for the resort, fresh, and they would customize stuff if they could. Everyone is so accomodating at Aulani. And it never seemed crowded or with long lines. It is closest to the infinity pool and the adult pool. The food shack with the chicken tenders and the shave ice place are on the other side, and those did have lines, but they moved well. People at the pool on that side tended to get food at Off the Hook.

Even though we didn't get breakfast there, the hot breakfast is stuff like french toast and scrambled eggs. Oh, and in addition to the muffins, bagels, etc., they have dry cereal. You can also get the refillable mugs there and there is a refill station.

So is this similar to a WDW resort's food court? We will be at Aulani in 24 days!! :)

I haven't been on in awhile. Did a search but didn't find any specifics so sorry if this is a duplicate!

Any new info on Ulu Cafe, ie menu, hours...

Thanks!

The hours are:
Breakfast 6am-11am
Lunch 11am-9pm
Dinner 5pm-9pm

Check out the thread from last week, and then the posts of the menu/grab and go areas and interiors that DisneyDreams posted on the "Lets list places to eat at Aulani" thread, weird that it didnt show up in your search. Check out the link in my post below because its super helpful!:

Here is the link to photos of the lunch menu and quick service area from the Aulani thread "Going to Aulani -- Let's list places to eat" kindly posted by "Disney Dreams":

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2858912&highlight=ulu+cafe&page=20

scroll down to post 298 and you can see it all-

Also....I managed to get a picture of the breakfast menu:

Also.... the Malasadas are really good!! Highly recommend!

Here is a shot of the Malasadas, they come in batches of 6 or 12:

They arent quite as amazing as the ones from Leonards but if you dont want to leave the resort they are still super yummy!

Here is a shot my DH took of some of the Daily offerings that they have on display every day:

This was the menu they had up for lunch on the day my DH took a picture of the specials:

Hope that helps give you all an idea what its like.:thumbsup2

My post on this thread was from early October, before we visited Aulani that month, and at that time Ulu Cafe was new and there hadn't been much posted about it. Reading this thread, I realized that I never did report back in like I said I would. Sooo...

We really enjoyed the Ulu Cafe. We ate there the night we arrived and the special was "Island Hamburger Steak," which was similar to Salisbury Steak. It was yummy! Our DS12 really enjoyed the kids' grilled fish meal, and we were happy to see a kids' meal geared to more adult tastes. We also loved the kalua pork flatbread. We grabbed some pastries there on a couple of mornings, and wow were those good, but they should be for $4 for a small muffin!

We got puka dogs and coconut shrimp from the stand next to the shave ice and they were yummy! I don't think Ulu Cafe had mac n cheese and I didn't see Mickey pretzels either. Now I'm wishing we'd tried the malasadas!!

My post on this thread was from early October, before we visited Aulani that month, and at that time Ulu Cafe was new and there hadn't been much posted about it. Reading this thread, I realized that I never did report back in like I said I would. Sooo...

We really enjoyed the Ulu Cafe. We ate there the night we arrived and the special was "Island Hamburger Steak," which was similar to Salisbury Steak. It was yummy! Our DS12 really enjoyed the kids' grilled fish meal, and we were happy to see a kids' meal geared to more adult tastes. We also loved the kalua pork flatbread. We grabbed some pastries there on a couple of mornings, and wow were those good, but they should be for $4 for a small muffin!

We got puka dogs and coconut shrimp from the stand next to the shave ice and they were yummy! I don't think Ulu Cafe had mac n cheese and I didn't see Mickey pretzels either. Now I'm wishing we'd tried the malasadas!!

Yah, I am now noticing that DisneyDreams posted the menu and pics of Ulu Cafe around the middle of October.... you guys were probably there at the same time! At first I didnt realize that kkmcan was commenting on a thread from October!

kkmcan:
I think amym2 is right about the mac & cheese and the Mickey pretzels... I don't recall seeing those as options at Ulu. They do have the Mickey Rice Crispy treats though. But you can get soft serve pretzels and Mickey Ice Cream bars at Little Opihi's the snack shop down on the beach... you might be able to get mac & cheese there too or at Mama's snack shop- the quick serve on the pool deck right next to the Shave Ice stand.

Now I am wishing I would have got pics of those menus... we never ate at those spots and I didnt think of it.

What kind of stuff is offered at Off The Hook? Is it similar to This Ulu Cafe? Does it have similar hours? Thx

What kind of stuff is offered at Off The Hook? Is it similar to This Ulu Cafe? Does it have similar hours? Thx

Off the hook hours are from 10-10. At lunch time they served just a few options- burgers, a veggie sandwich, etc. I actually liked the pool side menu better personally and my kids weren't too impressed either (but love the drink menu here!).

They are open at dinner but it's very small selection of appetizers only (hrs I think were 5-9). One night when the kids were in the clubs my DH and made a dinner of sharing a cpl from off the hook then bouncing over to the olelo room for more:)

I can't find a menu for off the hook lunch anywhere (and didn't take a pic last time) but the appetizer menu is up on disneys page :
http://resorts.disney.go.com/aulani-hawaii-resort/dining/table-service/off-the-hook/

Olelo room is on there too under resort lounge in the dining section.

Thanks everyone! This is exactly what I was looking for. I read the other thread about eating at Aulani but it was before Dreams posted so I missed her info on Ulu. Then I saw this thread and decided to bump it up to see if anyone had more info.

Thanks!

Here is the description of Off the Hook taken from the Dining Guide that they give everyone upon check in:
Off the Hook 10 am - 10 pm
Lunch 11am-5pm
Freshly made Panini's, wraps, burgers, and more
Dinner 5pm-9:30pm
Seafood platter, Kobe beef sliders, sashimi, and cheese

I will scan and post the Aulani Dining guide that I saved when I get a sec today. It gives a brief description of each dining spot along with the hours for each.

Here is the Aulani Dining Guide that they gave us at check in. It should really help give a feel for the different food offerings as well as the hours-

Front Page:

**note: it lists One Paddle Two Paddle as a refill station for the resort mugs but the rest of the counter service there is no longer operating... it was shuttered up the whole time we were there and the "One Paddle Two Paddle" sign had been taken down.

Back Page:

^ Thanks, Pam - that's awesome - great info.!!!

So since it says the Family Style room service meals require a kitchen does that mean if we're in a studio we can't order them?? :confused3 I was considering that this might be an option for us 1 night but I guess if they're not available for studios we can't do it?!

So since it says the Family Style room service meals require a kitchen does that mean if we're in a studio we can't order them?? :confused3 I was considering that this might be an option for us 1 night but I guess if they're not available for studios we can't do it?!

I would be sure to ask and confirm when you guys are there because you do have a little mini kitchen... really the only appliance you don't have in the studio is an oven & dishwasher, but I cant imagine you need an oven for the meal?

We meant to try it one night while there but its one of the things on our list that we didn't get to....darn I guess we will have to go back!:thumbsup2

We didn't order the family meal, but the menu for it was available in our studio last month. I assumed we could order it.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I read that as an explanation of why it is limited to the DVC rooms and why it isn't available for the hotel side guests. ie, kitchen/kitchenette

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter