Uggh!! Why does life have to be so unfair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not all states or school districts feel that way. Some actually allow for Disney to be an educational trip. I have friends who take their children out of school for vacation because it's the only time that they can get away as a family. Not only does the school NOT consider it neglect, they actually encourage that family time.

Not in San Antonio...they value education first so no out of school trips here unless you want unexcused absences.

This thread made me giggle!

I am new around here, but I have been reading around the boards A LOT! I think the Community Board may have been a better fit for this post!! I am glad it was posted here though, the Community Board scares me!!

But seriously, if that was a serious post, the OP has some serious soul searching to do! I LOVE WDW as much as the next guy (on this board), but it isn't pi**ing me off because I had to reschedule due to a business emergency. WDW isn't going anywhere, I will get back soon enough!!

oh- WOW!! It's STILL going! Cool! :surfweb: (can someone tell me how to subscribe, please?) Not that this thread will be difficult to locate! :rotfl2:

I cannot believe this is a "Life is so unfair" post. You have so much to be thankful for. I'm going to guess troll, otherwise, I think you need to gain some perspective!

Oh man, really? This is still here? Drat, I had it at under 8 pages. Guess I won't be able to afford Disney this year. :sad1:

oh wow just got to the bottom of page one...I can just imagine what 2-11 have in store! I thought for sure it would be shut down by like page 5 :rolleyes:

All I could think when I read the OPs post was "really!!??? REALLY?!??:rolleyes1

Nothing I like better than a troll post......with Dole whip receipes and Monty Python humor......that is what makes DIS so great :rotfl:

Okay, so let me begin by saying that my dh, 2 ds's, dd, and I have made the trek to the wonderful world of Disney twice a year for the past 6 years. Except we couldn't go at the end of last year as planned because my sister was getting married and literally annouced 4 months prior to the wedding that it was going to be on the Hawaiian island of Kauai. We all had to put our lives on hold and fly over there for her wedding. Now, as the spring is approaching when we should be going to Disney World, it is looking less likely. My dh just got a massive promotion and is skeptical about taking anytime off right now.

I'm worried now about any future possibilities about returning to Disney World. My eldest son is on an Ultimate Frisbee team and my youngest is going to try out for little league next year. My daughter has her hands full with dance practice and volleyball. Sometimes I hate my life. :guilty:

Be careful what you wish for.........

oh wow just got to the bottom of page one...I can just imagine what 2-11 have in store! I thought for sure it would be shut down by like page 5 :rolleyes:

All I could think when I read the OPs post was "really!!??? REALLY?!??:rolleyes1

This is whats weird, the OP joins the boards and if you read her post history she actually contributed to some threads.

Then this one? I'm not sure this post is as much trollish but clueless, as in this was a truly a real post but she didn't realize how it made her look. :confused3

I think OP forgot to mention that she had to postpone her last family disney trip because she had to claim her winning solo powerball ticket.

Hey, that's not funny. Can you imagine the taxes?? :scared1:

also not to offend anyone on here but don't you think 2x a year at WDW gets a little, i don't know.. repetitive? just think.. for the price you pay there you could be going to paris, costa rica, london... seeing the world instead of the same theme park every year. food for thought. I've travelled all over the world on a very tight student budget and honestly, it's pretty much the same price as disney.

I'm with ya, but I think we're kind of in the minority here. :lmao: I like to see new places & do new things even if it means not repeating my favorite spots. OTOH, it is pretty cool that folks can find a place that's so special to them that they want to go back over & over & over. :)

I'm with ya, but I think we're kind of in the minority here. :lmao: I like to see new places & do new things even if it means not repeating my favorite spots. OTOH, it is pretty cool that folks can find a place that's so special to them that they want to go back over & over & over. :)

For us , Disney is a trip that my dad can still manage with his health. It's also a trip that my DH and I take for different reasons- we are runners and we go for the races.

Plus, my BFF lives in Orlando. So I get to go see her. :)

colbert_popcorn.gif

Those were some rather harsh comments don't you think. I don't expect evryone to understand, but for those that do, thank you. Life is always about finding ways to make it better. If you remain content with what you have then you will never be any better than you are right now.

This makes me wonder about your Christianity. Crack open the Bible and look up Hebrews 13:5....."Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God had said, I will never leave you or forsake you"

Please forgive me for what I'm about to type, but you need to get some perspective.

My childhood was spent watching my oldest sister get horribly abused and injured at the hands of my mother. It resulted in my having PTSD and anxiety problems for life.

My daughter has cerebral palsy, vision impairment and 31 other diagnoses. I wish she coiuld compete in sports (so does she). My husband is not up for a promotion becuase of the time spent away from work taking her to her medical appointments.

My identical twin sister commited suicide 5 years ago. Enter complex PTSD. She never had a proper wedding.

But I love my life and everyone in it. I am grateful for what I do have.

Oh, and we're scrimping and saving every penny to take our first trip to Disney. I couldn't be happier.

I hope you have a great time in disney you deserve it:grouphug:

Excuse me but we take our children to Disney World during their spring and winter breaks. Yes, it is neglect of a child's education to remove them from regular class for weeks.
again...really??!?? REALLY??!!! I have done so for the past 10 yrs first with DS now 17 and now with DS 7 I guess I am one of those horrible parents :rolleyes: Know what I HAVE discovered? my DS 7's grammar is wayyy better than yours;)

popcorn:: can I get a dole whip to go with my popcorn????

Subscribing. This is gonna be fun! :surfweb:
:thumbsup2

Darn it!! Hawaii makes me think of pineapples and now I want a Dole Whip...
ugh thanks now I am Jonesing for a dole whip :sad1:

Susan-Lucy.jpg

.....Somebody's got some
.....SPLAININ' to do!

Oh thats so great :lmao:

Nothing I like better than a troll post......with Dole whip receipes and Monty Python humor......that is what makes DIS so great :rotfl:
I know right??? I haven't been on lately because we're not going this year, but man I love the dis!!!!

This is whats weird, the OP joins the boards and if you read her post history she actually contributed to some threads.

Then this one? I'm not sure this post is as much trollish but clueless, as in this was a truly a real post but she didn't realize how it made her look. :confused3
the sad thing is I actually knew someone like this once...she used to sit and complain every day about life and she had everything you could imagine....I had to walk away from that toxicity :sad2: ...don't miss her a bit:goodvibes

TROLL

And if this isn't a troll, this is just pathetic.

So as our due date approaches for our second child we are trying so hard to figure out what we are going to do about vacation.We have gone the last three years in sept except for last year we went the last week in august due to my FIL surgery. Now with DS starting Kindergarten and me really not wanting to take him out of school for a whole week it has become very difficult.We had originally discussed going in August but now if we do go we can only go like the first two weeks instead of closer to the end. Then we though about possibly going after thanksgiving. Now our new option is waiting and going in Feb when our son has a week off from school. I really can not decided what to do. Some days I say okay we can just wait until Feb to go and im perfectly fine with that then other days I just want to go right now. My biggest things is I figured going with a1,2 or even 3 month old would be easier than going with an 8,9 month old.But I also know that August is extremely hot and crowded.Then with Feb I am concerned with a lot of rides being down for refurb. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am sure I am just going to have to be a big girl and realize that I have to wait a entire year to go back but i know people do it all the time:confused::confused::confused:

Wow! I really wish I could relate. I really wish I had problems like yours. It must be nice to decide between free education disney world and warm weather. I hope you come to a conclusion soon.

These were from another thread that the OP replied to yesterday. 2 hours before she began this one. Interesting. And she only joined the Dis yesterday. More interesting.

And she hasn't been back. Methinks somebody was REALLY bored...

"Ultimate Frisbee team"? "Trying out" for Little League?

It is ridiculous that so many of you took this seriously and got your panties all in a twist. Get a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter