Two Weeks of Food, Wine & Fun! REVIEWS COMPLETE!

LTT one of my favorites for the dessert!! I didn't know they had a BLT... I do like BLTs and I like that thick bread since it looks like the bread for my past favorite sandwich the tri-corner that they took off their menu. I'm still annoyed that they changed the fried cheese app and only serve the cheese logs. :rolleyes:

Love your pics! Looks like you had a really good time!! :goodvibes

Oh ya we had lunch at LTT a couple weeks ago. DS27 was very happy with the fried cheese. I only got a bite but I liked them too.

Subbing!

My wife and I are pouring, page by page, over the live review thread and found you through there.

I can't wait to see the rest!

YUM!

We ate there and it was good. That dessert is so good but I agree about not finishing it.

Really enjoying your TR. We are going in October and planning to have lunch at LTT. I am anxious to share the toffee cake with DH. I KNOW I will be unable to eat it by myself. Subbing

Hi Paula! I know you are working a TON right now! (like what 10 days in a row??) Hoping you have some free time to update OR just come back down to the OC and we'll play at D-land again! :lmao:

Take care!

LTT one of my favorites for the dessert!! I didn't know they had a BLT... I do like BLTs and I like that thick bread since it looks like the bread for my past favorite sandwich the tri-corner that they took off their menu. I'm still annoyed that they changed the fried cheese app and only serve the cheese logs. :rolleyes:

I still wonder why they got rid of the cheese nuggets, I never got to try any but I'm sure I would like them!

Great reviews and pictures! Thanks!

Welcome! Thanks for reading!

Love your pics! Looks like you had a really good time!! :goodvibes

Oh ya we had lunch at LTT a couple weeks ago. DS27 was very happy with the fried cheese. I only got a bite but I liked them too.

It was a good meal, also good that we split it!

Subbing!

My wife and I are pouring, page by page, over the live review thread and found you through there.

I can't wait to see the rest!

Thanks for following over here.. Unfortunately I have been very slow to update but hopefully will be able to do a few more soon!

YUM!

We ate there and it was good. That dessert is so good but I agree about not finishing it.

No way I could finish that dessert! Maybe a family of 4!

Really enjoying your TR. We are going in October and planning to have lunch at LTT. I am anxious to share the toffee cake with DH. I KNOW I will be unable to eat it by myself. Subbing

It's definitely a dessert to share! I enjoy LTT!

Hi Paula! I know you are working a TON right now! (like what 10 days in a row??) Hoping you have some free time to update OR just come back down to the OC and we'll play at D-land again! :lmao:

Take care!

It was something like that! Just finished 13 in a row now! Hopefully can get a few updates posted since I have the day off lol.

Yachtsman Review

I had booked Yachtsman as a dinner choice as we had an ok meal in '09 but it wasn't top on our list of signature meals. It however gets good reviews on here so I thought we would give it another try.

Here is the menu.
ry%3D400

That is readable right?!?! Sorry about that!

Since we were at a steakhouse we thought we would get a bottle of Red wine to go with out meal. I had Hunter check out the wine list and he located on of our favorite wines...
ry%3D400

Fresh rolls and the famous Onion Pull-apart bread.
ry%3D400

And of course the roasted garlic and butter with sea salt...
ry%3D400

We decided to start with the Charcuterie Appetizer.
ry%3D400

The Charcuterie was good. I don't remember anything truly special about it either good or bad.

And there is our Wine!
ry%3D400

For our meal we decided to share the Ribeye but I subbed out the original side for the Truffle Fries. We also chose a couple of side.

We hadn't intended for them to split the meal for us but it came out on two plates.

This was my plate.
ry%3D400

This was my Husbands.
ry%3D400

Kind of sad looking isn't it?!?

My husband has a seafood allergy and we are careful about cross-contamination. They informed us after we placed the order that the Truffle Fries share oil with seafood. We didn't see any fried seafood on the menu but we took their word for it. He chose to have a baked potato in place of the truffle fries. However, they also didn't include the salad on his plate which made it look really empty and boring!

We also had an issue with how they cut the Ribeye for the share. They had cut in lengthwise instead of the short way across meaning I had the top of the steak and Hunter had the bottom. His piece had the fat layer and lots of flavor. However not much meat! Mine had all the meat but not as much flavor. It was just a really strange split of the steak. I didn't eat all my steak and he didn't get enough. However because we weren’t sure if anything contaminating had touched my half I couldn't share it with Hunter.

The missing salad from Hunters plate really didn't have much flavor to it so it wasn't much to be missed except some color on the plate. I enjoyed my truffle fries immensely but I was sad that I couldn't share them with Hunter as he loves them as well!

Truffle Mac' N Cheese
ry%3D400

Hunter was though able to Indulge in the Mac N cheese. Sadly it really needed more cheese. It was truffle flavored pasta.

Corn! With BACON!
ry%3D400

The corn was my choice of side. I love corn and mixed with Bacon makes it even better! The corn was delicious!

Us!
ry%3D400

I asked if I could keep a copy of the menu and they tied it up nice and pretty for me!
ry%3D400

However I seem to have forgotten the menu somewhere!

And Dessert!
ry%3D400

When we had been to Yachtsman in '09 the dessert had been the best part of the meal. It appeared though as they may have a different Pastry Chef as the desserts just didn't hold as much appeal. I did select the caramel, chocolate pretzel one though as it seemed the most appealing. The dessert was good but nothing truly spectacular.

Overall our meal at Yachtsman was ok but except for the yummy rolls at the beginning of the meal I'm not sure we would return.

I think we might try there in December but I have booked 3 times so far and cancelled everyone.

We stopped at the Hawaii both and ordered the Pork Slider and the Mai Tai.
ry%3D400

The Mai Tai was good.

ry%3D400

This was actually very disappointing. The slider was VERY dry. The meat itself didn't have any moisture and the roll seemed like it was left over from a week ago!

Then to Greece where we enjoyed the Spanakopita
ry%3D400

And we really did enjoy this. It was delicious!

And the Griddled Cheese
ry%3D400

Also delicious. I think the key to this as I have heard differing opinions is to get one that is still warm so its kinda gooey.

ry%3D400

Also very good!

Some Wine!
ry%3D400

Theo only food item we did not get from Greece was the salad. All 3 we did get were delicious and I would definitely have them again. (And I really would have if we had more time at the booths!)

Then we moved to Canada where I tried to balance way to many items while my DH held our table!
First the Filet with mushrooms and Truffle Sauce
ry%3D400

Oh yum! If this is what is served in the restaurant I can see why so many people are in love with it!

Sausage with Polenta
ry%3D400

Also good! It had a little kick to it but it balanced really well with the polenta

Wine
ry%3D400

Cheddar Soup! (and the teeny tiny ice wine!)
ry%3D400

This was good but it was pretty warm this day and I think it would have been enjoyed more a different day!

This was all the food booths we did at the moment and we slowly made our way to France.

Here we decided we had a little room in our tummy so we stopped at the Patisserie!

Hunter had the Napoleon and I had an almond pastry.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Both were really good!

I also had to get the Grand Marnier Slushy! Um!! Yum!! I see some more of these in my future!
ry%3D400

Upon arriving at Via Nappoli we ordered a pitcher of Sangria pretty quickly!

ry%3D400

But took a few minutes to decide what to eat.

We actually had a few issues here with Hunters seafood allergy and ended up not being able to get an appetizer due to the risk of cross-contamination. However, not to worry, we still had plenty to eat!

Here is the menu (if you can read it!)
ry%3D400

It was not the BEST sangria we had ever had but it was pretty good!! In fact I think I will have some more coming up soon! (Anyone want to join me?!?!)

To eat we decided on a Pasta dish and a Pizza.

I knew what Pizza I wanted so I let Hunter choose the Pasta.

He choose the Verde Lasagna
(Spinach, Parmesan, and Besciamella)
ry%3D400

I choose the Carciofi Pizza. I thought we should just do an individual size since we were also getting pasta but Hunter thought we should get a Large so a large it was!
(The Carciofi Pizza is artichoke, fontina, mozzarella and truffle oil)
ry%3D400

Both of these items were oh so delicious! The Verde Lasanga was rich and delicious and the pizza... I dream about that pizza! I am actually sad because in Disneyland there is a restaurant named Naples owned by the same restaurant group so I was hopeful they would have the Carciofi pizza but sadly they do not.

I was correct in that the Large pizza would be too much but instead of it going to waste we had it packed to go and it ended up being a late night snack a few nights that week.

Despite not being able to finish even half our meal I still wanted to get dessert.

I had to try the Zeppole di Caterina
(Ricotta cheese fritters, served with whip cream and chocolate sauce)
ry%3D400

These were pretty darn good! My husband proclaimed them “good, but not as good as mine!”

Overall the meal at Via Nappoli was delicious and definitely one we would repeat!

Hey we've eaten at Naples together!!! Thanks to your extensive Dis knowledge you knew they were under the same ownership. I can see that now.

I completely agree that even if you can't finish dinner you have to try dessert! I was too full to enjoy the zeppoles but try I did. How does Hunter serve his zeppoles? Is the chocolate sauce and whip cream a traditional topping?

Hey we've eaten at Naples together!!! Thanks to your extensive Dis knowledge you knew they were under the same ownership. I can see that now.

I completely agree that even if you can't finish dinner you have to try dessert! I was too full to enjoy the zeppoles but try I did. How does Hunter serve his zeppoles? Is the chocolate sauce and whip cream a traditional topping?

Yes! We completed our DisMeet with a meal at Naples! It was good! It's probably good that they have a different menu but I was looking for both the items we had at WDW on that menu. The Via Nappoli menu was so good!

I honestly don't know how he served them. I know he made them using home-made ricotta cheese and they were fried but that is the extent of what I can remember!

Our lunch was at Hollywood Brown Derby. I had debated between here and returning to 50's Prime-time but since I was trying to have the best food possible this trip I thought HBD might be a better option.

We started our meal with the complimentary bread and butter
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

They were both good. The rolls were served warm and the butter with a little sea salt. Yum!

It took us a little bit of time to decide on what we wanted to eat but we both started with a drink.

Hunter had a Manhattan as well as an Old Fashioned. I'm not sure which one came first! Lol.

My drink was the Open Audition.
ry%3D400

For appetizers we got the appetizer size of the Cobb Salad
ry%3D400

This was the only restaurant where we saw these...
ry%3D400

For my appetizer I got the Crisy Phyllo Napoleon of Bleu Affine*- with wild mushroom duxelles, griled portobello, golden chanterelles, and a fig reduction
ry%3D400

I don't think I enjoyed that at all!!
ry%3D400

The salad was good if a little weird due to the fine chop of the lettuce. The flavors went well together and I was left wishing we had gotten the bigger size.

My appetizer.. Well I think the cleaned plate picture says it all! It was really delicious!

For my main course I had the Bison. I no longer see the description of the way I had it online but it was served kinda on the rare side with these potato croquette things.
ry%3D400

This was good but I thought the potato things would be cheesy and they were really just like mashed potatoes that were breaded and fried. The meat was tender and good.
Hunter had the Pork dish.
ry%3D400

And he was so happy he now had two Allergy sticks with which to attack me with!
ry%3D400

See the menacing look in his eyes???
ry%3D400

He also enjoyed his dish. I believe we both liked it better than mine!

We skipped dessert as this meal had been on the filling side!

Overall a good meal. I would choose it for dinner over lunch since it can be a heavier meal but if you are like me and planning so many meals at locations that only serve dinner you will take what you can get!

I was very nervous taking my husband to our meal at Bluezoo due to the fact that it is so seafood centric. I had booked it as they had a certain dish on the menu that I knew my husband and I would both love. I tried e-mailing the resort to find out if it would still be on the menu when we went and did not get any response so I tweeted to the Executive Chef to ask the question. He responded that the item was no longer on the menu but that he would create a dish with that ingredient for us.

Since I wanted to surprise my husband with this dish I didn't just want to mention it to the waitress so I made the excuse of going to the restroom shortly after we arrived so I could go back to the front and ask to talk to the chef. The actual chef didn't come out but I was able to convey the message so I was relieved. Unfortunately the bathroom ended up being around the back of the restaurant so I had to walk right past my husband to use it so he knew there had been a long delay in my heading there...

Once I was back at the table we ordered some drinks.

ry%3D400

This was the Serenity

Hunter had the Barrel Aged Manhatten
ry%3D400

Some bread and butter
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

A picture of us.
ry%3D400

With flash.
ry%3D400

And then came our “Special” Appetizer that I had worked so hard to get!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

It is a Foie Gras Terrine with Bacon Truffle Ice Cream!

ry%3D400

It was absolutely devine! And not only did they bring us one dish they brought us each our own!

For the appetizer we ordered since I hadn't told my husband about the special one we had the Teppan seared jumbo sea scallops and braised beef short rib with silky cauliflower puree. As my husband is allergic to the scallops they actually plated them seperate so he had the short rib and I had the scallops. If you were to order it normal it would all be on one plate.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I didn't want to do any more seafood than the appetizer and I wouldn't have even done that but the server recommended it so we both choose non-seafood dishes for our main course.

I choose the pork dish and I am sorry that I don't remember exactly what it was...
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Hunter had the Waygu beef which I believe was a special of the night.
ry%3D400

Both dishes were so tender and perfect! Absolutely delicious.

Hunter was mad at me that I had booked a seafood centric meal but once he found out the reason and after he enjoyed his main course he was delighted with the meal. He even would return!

The meal was not complete though as the Pastry Chef there is world renowned so we had to choose a dessert.

ry%3D400

Banoffee Pie*- sauteed banana and vanilla ice cream, shortbread, toffee, vanilla whipped cream, banana ice cream, caramel froth

The dessert was delicious. A perfect end to the meal.

Great review of Blue Zoo. It is soooo on my wish list! Maybe in August ... we are actually planning a much more laid back trip with no signatures, but maybe I can sneak in one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter