Two Weeks of Food, Wine & Fun! REVIEWS COMPLETE!

I just added The Plaza to our August trip this afternoon. If I hadn't done so already I would have after seeing Hunter's steak sandwich! I really enjoyed that sandwich in the past! Glad to hear it is still tasty!

Just a quick post to say that there most likely will not be any updates here for about 3 weeks. My hubby is flying into CA today and will be here for a week and then we are flying back together to CO where I will get 2 weeks at HOME with him. I'll try and post a few more reviews before heading back to WDW at the end of May!

That looked so good, the cheesesteak sandwich.

Hmm when I click on bluezoon review I get the Brown Derby and when I click on Brown Derby I get the brown Derby. I was very interested in the Bluezoon review can you point me in the right direction

Couldn't agree with you more about the Plaza! A much more relaxing place to eat lunch than any CS in the MK.

I am much more a TS girl than a CS girl. It doesn't bother me to make plans and have to be certain places at a certain time. I would rather have a nice cool restaurant to sit in and enjoy my food than fight for a table and wait in a line!

I just added The Plaza to our August trip this afternoon. If I hadn't done so already I would have after seeing Hunter's steak sandwich! I really enjoyed that sandwich in the past! Glad to hear it is still tasty!

I think I would get the steak sandwich again if I went! A great choice!

Woohoo! :woohoo: Enjoy your three weeks with Hunter! :love2:

Thank you Barb! We had a great few weeks!! Only 3.5 more weeks till I see him again and I have a 10day trip to WDW before then!

That looked so good, the cheesesteak sandwich.

It was good. Just wish it had been mine! lol

Hmm when I click on bluezoon review I get the Brown Derby and when I click on Brown Derby I get the brown Derby. I was very interested in the Bluezoon review can you point me in the right direction

I fixed it. Not sure why it wasn't linking correctly, sorry about that.

Wonderful:goodvibes Thank you for sharing.:thumbsup2

Welcome! Thanks for reading! More to come soon (I hope! :lmao:)

Good afternoon!! I am DETERMINED to post a food update today!! Hopefully it doesn't take me too long so I can get some more sleep before work!

On Friday October 19 we headed to Citrico's for one of the last F&W events I had booked. This was announced a bit later and I was unsure at first due to the cost but I am so happy I took the plunge and booked this as it ended up being AMAZING!

We arrived at the Grand Floridian a bit early, I think we were first to be waiting, so we took advantage and scoped out the room hoping to be able to get a good seat. (I don't think there was truly a bad seat!)

ry%3D400

Soon enough we were let in and we chose a table in the middle. The place settings were set up very nicely with a menu for the lunch to come.
ry%3D400

Along with a portfolio of the Lasseter wines many of which we would be tasting that day.
ry%3D400

The menu with a bit of Lasseter Wine history.
ry%3D400

Hubby and I!
ry%3D400

Chef Phillip and Mr. & Mrs. Lasseter
ry%3D400

Nancy did a lot of the wine descriptions and how they all came about
ry%3D400

Finally it was time for our first bite of food!
ry%3D400

The Amuse Bouche was a bite of cheese with a tasty morsel of mushrooms and cucumber. An excellent introduction to the meal. It was accompanied by the Enjoue a 2011 Rose Blend (All of the Lasseter wines have names)

Next we have this
ry%3D400

Both the appearance and the info it was given did not have me thrilled. It was a Mint Ravioli with Green Pea Nage. We had this with the same wine as the Amuse.

Another look at this plate
ry%3D400

I took a bite of this and OMG! It was SO GOOD! You would not believe how good this was! I have seriously been wanting more ever since! I keep hoping Chef Phillip will put it on the menu because it was just delicious!

How Delicious?!?!
ry%3D400

Yeah... I didn't like that at all!
Even my DH who is not a fan of Peas or Mint loved this! It was so incredible tasting! How could another dish top this?

Well lets find out. For our second course we had a Duck Confit, Frisee and Pear with Chorizo, Blue Cheese Biscuit and Apricot Jam served with the 2010 Chemin de Fer Rhone Style Red Blend
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

So I thought the 1st course was Outstanding, this was truly remarkable as well. So full of flavor! I wanted to eat more of this as well!

The Third course was a Black Angus slow-braised Short Rib with White Cheddar Grits accompanied by the 2008 Paysage Bordeaux Blend
ry%3D400

Can it look any yummier!

My own pictures are making me salivate for this meal!
ry%3D400

The Short rib was so tender and the Grits so creamy and delicious!

With each course presentation John and Nancy would tell us about the wine.
ry%3D400

They all went perfectly with the dishes. Truly exceptional pairings!

For our 4th course we had an Artisanal Cheese Tasting
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

This was accompanied by the 2009 Amoureux Malbec Blend.

Last but not least all the tables were presented with a Friandise display. The Grand Floridian Pastry Chefs outdid themselves with these! Everything on these displays was edible except the plates!
ry%3D400

I went around to all the table to get pictures!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Its Tow Mater!
ry%3D400

And Lightning McQueen!
ry%3D400

The group that made this fabulous meal happen!
ry%3D400

And then Hubby and I with the Chef and the Lasseters
ry%3D400

I have a ton more pictures of almost everything but I am maxed out and want to keep it to one post!

As I said at the beginning I was nervous about booking this. I was mainly nervous about there being seafood served and my DH being allergic and not being able to have a course, this was of course relieved as soon as we sat down and saw there was no seafood to be served. (I had asked the reservation to note his allergy but am not sure how well that applies at these meals.)

The courses and wines we had were truly exceptional and an experience I would happily do again if it was offered while we were there!
There was no shortage of wine either as if we needed more they were happily refilled!

I'm sorry I did not provide many pictures of the wine itself or descriptions of them but after 10 months while I remember everything going well I do not remember the nuances of any particular wine.

After touring our "Home" for the next week we decided to spend some time at the Territory Lounge in the Main Lodge.

It has been a few hours since our Citrico's Wine lunch and would be a few hours till our next meal so we decided to share a few items.

We got these. I believe they were a slider of some sort but I honestly have NO clue now what they were exactly or how they tasted.

ry%3D400

And then we got the Cheese Fondue. Now I LOVE fondue and I make a swiss cheese fondue semi-regularly. I liked the flavors of this but found it to be very thin, more like a soup, and a strange consistency. Other reviews I have read have said it was wonderful so it was either me, or a not as good batch. This is the fondue itself.
ry%3D400

And the dippers
ry%3D400

I've heard it now comes with figs! That would be interesting to try!

We also each got a drink.
I got a Mojito
ry%3D400

Hunter had a Long Island
ry%3D400

After just chilling out for awhile we decided to head to our dinner destination at
ry%3D400

We were going to none other than the Hoop Dee Doo Review!
ry%3D400

This actually falls into one of our must dos on our trips! We just absolutely love it! And we get Category 3 which we have no issues with!

It's a combination of good food and good entertainment!

The food includes:
ry%3D400

you could read that right???

Cornbread
ry%3D400

Salad
ry%3D400

While you are enjoying those 2 items the show begins
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

And then they bring you more food.

Corn
ry%3D400

Sweet Baked Beans
ry%3D400

Mashed Potatoes
ry%3D400

Fried Chicken
ry%3D400

BBQ Ribs
ry%3D400

Everything is All You Can Eat!

It also includes All you can drink soda, and Sangria! (And I think maybe wine but not sure!)
ry%3D400

The show continues while you are chowing down
ry%3D400

The servers get up on the stage as part of the dessert presentation of Strawberry Shortcake
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

And the show winds down with some Special Performers from the Audience
ry%3D400

And then everyone gets to join in which is even more fun after a few glasses of Sangria!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Overall its a fun time and decent food! I love me some fried chicken! This does not disappoint!

What a nice experience with the Lasseter's! How cool! The food looks delicious. Since you said you updated I had to check it out!

Lunch on Saturday, October 20 was at Chefs de France. It was a restaurant my husband requested as he remembered having a good meal there in ’09. I had thought our meal was just OK but I was willing to oblige.

We ordered our meals but before it could arrive we had a little visitor!

ry%3D400

Hunter as a Chef is a fan of Ratatouille!
ry%3D400

After our little friend left we received our Appetizers. We both had went with the Prix Fixe meal so had our choice of apps, entrée, and desert.

We both selected the Soupe a l’oingnon gratinee (French Onion Soup)
ry%3D400

Along with some French Crusty Bread
ry%3D400

The soup was VERY good and filling!

For entrée’s I had the Quiche Lorraine
ry%3D400

To me the picture doesn’t look very appetizing but the crust was very buttery and made the quiche delicious!

Hunter went with the Croque Monsier
ry%3D400

Hunter usually prefers a Croque Madam (same thing but with an Egg on top and a beschemel sauce) but found this to be very good and filling! I think he only ate about half though with the large soup before this!

For dessert I had the Crème Brulee
ry%3D400

It was creamy and delicious and you could tell they used some real vanilla beans in it!

Hunter went with the Chocolate Mouse and I am sorry to say but I don’t remember a thing about it. I’m pretty sure we were not thrilled with it and he ended up having some of my Crème Brulee

ry%3D400

Since neither one of us actually finished our entrees we discovered after we probably could have split the Prix Fixe and just gotten another soup! WE are hoping to do more sharing on future trips!

After awhile of walking around and navigating the crowds Hunter needed a little something to tide him over till our evening event. Not wanting to stand in one of the LONg lines for a F&W booth I popped into Morocco’s Tangerine Café to see if it was possible to get just a side of Hummus. It WAS! And it came with more than enough Pita Chips.
ry%3D400

The hummus was pretty good too; I would do that again if we were in the area and in need of a snack!

Loved your reviews! :goodvibes

Thank you!

What a nice experience with the Lasseter's! How cool! The food looks delicious. Since you said you updated I had to check it out!

Thanks for stopping by Rachel! The Lasseter/Citrico's meal was outstanding!! I really wish we could do another one but they are at Flying Fish this year and it's before we arrive.

Hoping to complete my DR it in the next month! :rolleyes1

Wow! What a wonderful review! I love the photos with the Lasseters! What a special time! Thank you for sharing! :goodvibes

Our main Event on Saturday, October 20 was Party for the Senses

I had been looking forward to this event and I KNEW it was something my DH would enjoy! I had booked us Reserved Seats so we had a guaranteed spot to sit! We also got to keep our wine glasses!

It was a night filled with small plates of delicious food, good wine, and entertainment!

Now onto my disclaimer… my pictures are pretty BAD! I don’t normally do any photo editing but this time I am trying to brighten them up a bit as they are pretty dark. I also usually post everything from shutterfly but this time due to editing they are from Photobucket so please bear with me if they look wonky! I also don’t remember what everything is so if you see a picture and no description that is why!

This is just some of the items we were able to enjoy!

IMG_7269_zpsbd661161.jpg

Diver Scallop with Pea Puree, Micro Greens and Specialty Olive Oil

IMG_7270_zpse9589152.jpg

Shanghai Moon Cake with Pork Filling
Sun Shu Sen, Nine Dragons Restaurant

IMG_7271_zps75cd0b46.jpg

Deconstructed Pasteles: Pulled Pork Stew, Annatto infused Green Banana and Root Vegetable Tamale atop Yellow Rice and Pigeon Peas
Debra Valle, Saratoga Springs Resort

IMG_7272_zps66fa2d70.jpg

Chile Crusted Elk Tenderloin with Grilled Corn and Hominy Succotash
Jamey Fader, Lola, Denver, CO

IMG_7274_zps0905b56b.jpg

Ricotta Cavatelli with Lobster Mushrooms, Sweet Corn, Truffle Vinaigrette
Alex Siedel, Fruition Restaurant, Denver, CO

IMG_7277_zps7ea3b215.jpg

Duck Confit Burger, Soft Egg, Spiced Aioli
Jack McNulty, Robert Irvine’s Eat! Hilton Head, SC

IMG_7287_zpsbe3ee09e.jpg

Warm Asparagus, Brie, and Comte Cheese Tart in a Crispy Zucchini Crust with Sauteed Spinach and Stewed Tomatoes
Tom Kelly, Hollywood Brown Derby

I have no clue what this one was but it looks amazing and I’m sure it tasted that way too!
eee44f42-ab92-42f5-9779-2201f04a6519_zpsaabd04f5.jpg

Then Desserts!
IMG_7290_zps11e6ce45.jpg

Hawaiian Cappuccino Cake, Kona Caramel Sauce (and missing Bourbon Vanilla Gelato)
Yolanda Lazo Colon, Epcot Pastry

IMG_7291_zps9bc729c8.jpg

Peanut Butter Brownie with Toffee Pretzel Crunch and (missing Vanilla Bean Ice Cream)
Ben Marrett, Contemporary Resort Bakery

IMG_7292_zpseffefc31.jpg

Cherry Waffle
Lisa Bailey, D Bar, San Diego, CA

IMG_7267_zps0db84218.jpg

Chocolate Caramel Tart with Hawaiian Sea Salt
Keegan Gerhard, D Bar, Denver, CO

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Some other pictures from the night… From shutterfly because photobucket and I don’t get along very well!

Hunter and Keegan
ry%3D400

La Nouba Performers
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Hunter and Jamey Fadar also from CO!
ry%3D400

Keegan and I
ry%3D400

Hunter and Jonathan Sawyer
ry%3D400

Hunter and John Howie
ry%3D400

Hunter and the “Boss” working outside the Pavilion.. I believe I showed a picture of this same person after the 3D party!
ry%3D400

Goodnight Epcot!
ry%3D400

Overall this is a great event if you are adventurous in your eats! I think there is something that will suit everyone’s tastes! We had some fabulous food and some great wines and loved it so much we are returning in about 8 weeks!

Wow! What a wonderful review! I love the photos with the Lasseters! What a special time! Thank you for sharing! :goodvibes

Thank you so much!! I had to take a break from writing it for awhile because I was working a lot but I am now determined to complete it! I loved that Lasseter Lunch!

Thanks for continuing the reviews, they are amazing!

Looks like Denver was well represented! Have you been to D Bar Desserts here? It's amazing! I took my parents last fall and Keegan was actually there...gave my Mom a thrill to see a real live celebrity! ;)

Jill in CO

I am so glad that you are getting a chance to update your DR! I love all your pictures from Party for the Senses. That is fantastic that you are able to go again this year. I wish we could go, but unfortunately it is not in the budget for us this trip. I hope you are able to post pics from this year's party as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter