Two different PATs for two linked rooms

FigmentSpark

DIS Veteran
Well this is a first. I thought I was powering through signing in tonight. I got through one room and got a 10:30 PAT. Then I moved on to the second room. Had a slip-up in the payment screen, but no more than a minute of delay and probably less. By the time I got to the PAT on the second room the earliest I could get is 10:45. I signed in right at midnight and was done everything (including backtracking and correcting data) by 12:10, so it's not like I was a slouch about it.

Anyway, what are the chances I'll be able to get that second room moved up? This is the silver sign-in, so I know there have been lots of guests before me. If not, no big deal, but it would be nice to have all our numbers matching.

15 min isn’t worth stressing about- show up at 10:37 with both groups and be good. It’s an encouragement to stick to the time not a requirement

Boarding normally doesn't start to 11:00 / 11:30, does it? So, everything before that is just extra waiting.

We had 4 rooms - 3 with 1 PAT and the fourth with a slightly later PAT - there wasn't an issue with getting the same boarding number. (Or maybe we just got lucky and didn't realize it.)

In our experience, two different cruises with two rooms on each and different PAT for everyone. On one cruise, the very helpful CM at check in changed the later room's boarding number to match the earlier room. On the other cruise, the check-in CM suggested the earlier group just wait and board with the later group (which is what we did). We realized later that being a combined party of only 5, we could have all just gone with the lower boarding number. I wouldn't normally care, but we didn't get a brunch at Palo and if we would have boarded earlier we would have. Completely our choice to wait and it wasn't a "cruise-ruiner" or anything. We enjoyed dinner at Palo and look forward to brunch on a future cruise. If your total party is 5 you can just board together, and 15 minutes won't make too much of a difference in boarding numbers. Our PATs were an hour and an hour and a half apart.

I have a half hour difference in my PATS too, 11 and 11:30. We're a group of 7. Hopefully we can all board together. We'll probably just wait till 11:30. We're not looking to sign up for anything, just want to enjoy the cruise.

Well this is a first. I thought I was powering through signing in tonight. I got through one room and got a 10:30 PAT. Then I moved on to the second room. Had a slip-up in the payment screen, but no more than a minute of delay and probably less. By the time I got to the PAT on the second room the earliest I could get is 10:45. I signed in right at midnight and was done everything (including backtracking and correcting data) by 12:10, so it's not like I was a slouch about it.

Anyway, what are the chances I'll be able to get that second room moved up? This is the silver sign-in, so I know there have been lots of guests before me. If not, no big deal, but it would be nice to have all our numbers matching.
Same with our group. Our room got 11:30, the other two rooms got 12:00 I believe so we will just board later. No big deal to us.

I wish linked rooms would be given the same PAT. It would make things easier. They let you sign up for excursions that way, but not the PAT.

Anyway, like others have said, the PAT isn't the end of the world, particularly if it's only 15 minutes. I just wondered if it was worth stalking the site for the same PAT (I am type A afterall and a bit OCD, lol), like I would for a FP at WDW.

Also, I guess this means there will be a fair number of Platinum and Gold members on board, since they were able to sign in before me. Then again, maybe there are a whole lot of Silvers with faster fingers than me. 🤔

Platinums don’t have a PAT. Its arrive when you want, board after Concierge (unless changed since my last cruise). I think the PAT system started after I had sailed too many times. And, yes, it would be nice for cruisers if linked reservations could get linked PAT times.

Just consider this a therapeutic exercise to Let It Go for your Type A-ness. As should be the entire cruise :).

Oh, right about the Platinums. I guess that means there are a lot of Golds then. :)

And.... now I'm going to be singing that song all night. It might not help me to let it go, but I'll have my mind on something else, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter