Tusker House Question

Dis703

DIS Veteran
Hello all,

We are planning to do only one character meal on our next trip in May and my DS has requested it be with Mickey Mouse. We already did Chef Mickeys last time so I was planning on doing an Ohanas breakfast, but I'm afraid we have too much packed into one day as we are doing rope drop and have Pirates League and an ADR for dinner at BoG.

So since we weren't planning on TS yet at AK I thought maybe we'll try Tusker House. But we are NOT morning people so a very late breakfast to serve as lunch is what we are aiming for.

What I'm wondering though is if the characters are only there for breakfast and the last seating for breakfast is 10:55 how do they handle the changeover to lunch as that starts at 11am? Will we still have plenty of time with the characters and breakfast choices to eat? Anyone know when the characters are gone? Or do they just separate the dining areas?

I want to make sure he has a decent character experience since it will be the only one this time around.

TIA
Heather

TH is a character meal for lunch too. So you won't have an issue with the characters. The breakfast options is a different story. You will actually have the best of both worlds. They will start bringing in the lunch options at the start of lunch and phasing out the breakfast options so you can have both!

That's exactly what we're doing, and for the same reasons. I'm excited to get a more interesting menu than at the other buffets. And if we get a little bit of the lunch...well, yum!
We're also doing Garden Grill for an early dinner on our Epcot day--the reviews say the characters, which include Mickey, go around more than once and spend more time with you.

Okay, how on earth did I miss the characters were there at lunch too. Well that's great news, thanks. And definitely clears up any concerns I had about doing the late ADR.

Thanks!!

Heather

We're going on an EMH morning. Our ADR is at 10:30. I'm hoping we can hit a bunch of rides early and then go to breakfast. Also, hoping they switch to lunch while we're there and maybe we can sample some of what offer for lunch. ;)

I hope they do the switch efficiently and they are not just out of breakfast food when we get there.

I am thinking about doing Animal Kingdom on our arrival day. We will be driving and plan to arrive at our resort around 11am. I figure we will be a able to be at AK around 1. I just bought the photopass+ and since I think the picture at Tusker House is included, I want to make sure we are doing lunch so we can get the picture taken with Donald. Right now I have a 2:45 ADR for Tusker House.

I have a few concerns with that time and was wondering if I should change it to an earlier time, the website site has a 2:15 time available. I want to make sure we have enough time to get to AK after we arrive so the later I can make are ADR the better.

What time does dinner start? I know the food is the same, but the price isn't and dinner doesn't include characters.
If the time I reserves says lunch is that what I will get, or does it just depend on what time we get seated? If we are seated late, and it has switched over to dinner, will I be charged the dinner price? I'm wondering because we are paying OOP and I am budgeting for each meal.

What time does dinner start? I know the food is the same, but the price isn't and dinner doesn't include characters.

According to allears there is a lag in between lunch/dinner. Dinner doesnt start til 4, I presume to give late reservations plenty of time to eat and see characters before they switch to dinner.

The characters are there for both breakfast and lunch. Breakfast starts at 8:05am and ends at approximately 11am. The restaurant doesn't close for the cross over between breakfast and lunch. From 11am, the buffet starts to change over slowly and by 11:30am, it will become lunch. If you only want breakfast food, then I'd make a reservation no later then 10:15am.

The characters will make their way around the restaurant. They go for short breaks (5 minutes) for a "cheese break" but they'll be back. You wont be rushed. Mickey, Daisy and Goofy visit the tables, with Donald outside as your greeter.

Hello all,

We are planning to do only one character meal on our next trip in May and my DS has requested it be with Mickey Mouse. We already did Chef Mickeys last time so I was planning on doing an Ohanas breakfast, but I'm afraid we have too much packed into one day as we are doing rope drop and have Pirates League and an ADR for dinner at BoG.

So since we weren't planning on TS yet at AK I thought maybe we'll try Tusker House. But we are NOT morning people so a very late breakfast to serve as lunch is what we are aiming for.

What I'm wondering though is if the characters are only there for breakfast and the last seating for breakfast is 10:55 how do they handle the changeover to lunch as that starts at 11am? Will we still have plenty of time with the characters and breakfast choices to eat? Anyone know when the characters are gone? Or do they just separate the dining areas?

I want to make sure he has a decent character experience since it will be the only one this time around.

TIA
Heather

If the time I reserves says lunch is that what I will get, or does it just depend on what time we get seated? If we are seated late, and it has switched over to dinner, will I be charged the dinner price? I'm wondering because we are paying OOP and I am budgeting for each meal.

You won't pay more if you've made a lunch reservation and you're there at your scheduled ADR time. The characters are there until 4pm so you should be fine.

Tusker house is listed as a photopass plus location. Do they take photos at lunch with Donald too?

They are included in the PP+, and the PP+ option gives you the digital images and the print package of the picture taken at the very beginning. And as far as I know, that picture is taken with Donald.

Last time we were there for breakfast we took with Donald Duck before going inside. Do they have Donald for lunch ?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

The photos are taken outside before you are seated and that package will be brought to your table. Normally they ask you to purchase it but it is included with the photopass+!!

pauly's girl said:
The photos are taken outside before you are seated and that package will be brought to your table. Normally they ask you to purchase it but it is included with the photopass+!!

What is the phototpass+???? I have always used the phototpass they give you at the parks when You take pictures.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

It is a photopass you can purchase for 199. at the parks or 149. at least 2 weeks prior to your vacation. It will include a code for a photo cd of all the pictures taken at Disney. It also includes the photo packages taken at certain meals and ride photos will be added to your card (present your red photopass+ when exiting the ride and CM will load it on for you). When you return from vacation you get on the photopass site like you normally would. You can add any backgrounds etc and save those in your acct. Then place the photo cd in your cart and at checkout you enter the code that comes with the photopass and it zeros out your total. The pictures are yours to print as you wish once the cd is recieved!! :goodvibes

Do you think the photopass+ is worth it? :confused: It sounds really nice....:wizard: We have a 9 day parkhopper and plan on being at the parks all 9 days:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter