TS Reservations: by phone? by app? by web?

I agree it never hurts to call, but more than likely the times just hadn't been loaded into the online system yet.

Totally can see that, but all the other times were available so it seems strange. I actually wondered if they hold more reservations for the phone calls, however.

I haven't found that the phone system and the online system were different, but I have noticed that the don't always load everything at the same time. There are times when it seems like reservations kind of trickle out over the course of the morning (or over the course of a few days, weeks). Luckily getting reservations aren't nearly as hard at DLR as they are at WDW so it's not really a big deal.

Personally, I start with the online system and if I can't find what I'm looking for, then I call. I just like the online system because it's something I can easily do from my phone in a few seconds.

While I love the convenience of the app and have made many Priority Seating reservations (the official name at DLR) online, I do prefer to call to speak with a CM. Not only can a CM help me with finding a time for my party size at a particular restaurant, sometimes they can work some magic, too. One time a CM was able to help me book the holiday tour a day or two before my window was supposed to open because she saw that the computer had spots available at just that time. She hadn't seen it before, then there they were! So she grabbed the spots for me. :) The other fun thing about calling is that CMs can be super nice chatting about the parks, menus, favorite items at certain TS places, recommendations, etc.

You can find the number on https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/, by going to any TS restaurant's reservation link. The number posted there is (714) 781-DINE or (714) 781-3463.

I like to make my reservations online or through the app, and have not noticed a difference between the two methods. I also like to keep the phone number on "speed dial" so if I need to make an addition or change to my reservations, I can do so quickly while I'm actually in the parks. I've found the CMs on the phone to be very gracious and helpful if something happens and I need to change a reservation at the last minute. This seemed to happen at least once a trip when my kids were younger!

I also like to keep the phone number on "speed dial" so if I need to make an addition or change to my reservations, I can do so quickly while I'm actually in the parks. I've found the CMs on the phone to be very gracious and helpful if something happens and I need to change a reservation at the last minute. This seemed to happen at least once a trip when my kids were younger!

Excellent idea. I'm doing this now.

We’re getting close to when we can start making TS reservations for our trip in June. I know, I know, “Silly WDW person, you don’t have to make all of your reservations on the 60th day.” :) Humor me, old habits die hard.

Anyway, my question is, in your experience is there a benefit to making the reservations in the app, versus online, versus calling in? I’ve always done them online at WDW and just kept my ADR numbers in a note on my phone. I’m thinking either way that will be a good idea, since I’ve heard of one off issues with app connectivity in the parks. I’m just curious if anyone has any compelling reason to use or not use any specific method.

Thanks…
I like the app, its super easy to use.

While I love the convenience of the app and have made many Priority Seating reservations (the official name at DLR) online, I do prefer to call to speak with a CM. Not only can a CM help me with finding a time for my party size at a particular restaurant, sometimes they can work some magic, too. One time a CM was able to help me book the holiday tour a day or two before my window was supposed to open because she saw that the computer had spots available at just that time. She hadn't seen it before, then there they were! So she grabbed the spots for me. :) The other fun thing about calling is that CMs can be super nice chatting about the parks, menus, favorite items at certain TS places, recommendations, etc.

I liked talking to my cm's too. They were able to tell me when the park opened that day even tho it wasn't on the calendar yet. And last time they worked some magic for our birthday celebration too.

I like to make my reservations online or through the app, and have not noticed a difference between the two methods. I also like to keep the phone number on "speed dial" so if I need to make an addition or change to my reservations, I can do so quickly while I'm actually in the parks. I've found the CMs on the phone to be very gracious and helpful if something happens and I need to change a reservation at the last minute. This seemed to happen at least once a trip when my kids were younger!

I do the same thing. Sometimes I call and sometimes I use the app, especially when I am in the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter