TRON: Legacy (Can't Wait!)

J.Richyson

Wind Riding
Hello everyone! I am eagerly awaiting the new TRON: Legacy movie that Disney has advertised will be released in theaters later this year. According to my latest Google search, Wikipedia has updated some of the release date information saying that it will be playing in theaters on December 17th! Tron: Evolution is also a game that is supposed to be available for purchase around the same time and I really can't wait. Tron is like my favorite movie of all time and the trailers for Legacy look awesome! I am sure that there are many other people out there who share my excitement and energy, especially since many of the key people involved in the first movie are returning for the sequel all of these years later. Steven Lisberger was the first film's director and now he is a producer for Legacy while Jeff Bridges also comes back in the role of Kevin Flynn with Bruce Boxleitner returning as Alan Bradley. Apparently there has been some viral marketing and guerrilla marketing websites out there that are kind of like secret promotional sites for Tron: Legacy fans to explore, but I haven't really been able to find anything new about these sites yet. If anyone has any tips or information about the internet "Easter Eggs" that are out there to find regarding Tron: Legacy, then please give me a hint here. My friend says he thinks he saw something like a new big machine that looks like something that would be used for wind energy jobs on one of the secret sites, but I couldn't find what he was talking about online. Any other fans out there who want to share their anticipation of the new Tron: Legacy Movie?

:dance3::cheer2::dance3::cheer2::dance3:
:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

I love the original Tron, so I'm excited about Legacy. I bought my son the Tron DVD over the weekend, and he's HOOKED. Have you seen the photos of the Tron Monorail theme?

Yeah, and I'm going to go check it out in person the next time I get the chance to go! Thanks for the recommendation. I am expecting it to look way better live and I just love some of the other artwork I have seen out there. This is going to be great, I can just feel it.

I'm thrilled they're making the movie as well. It was a real shame that when the original came out Disney was on shaky ground and the movie (along with a few other events) nearly did the company in. I hope it does well in theaters.

Yeah, now they are in a great market position with the best technology ever. Production is really going all the way with is too. I plan on seeing it in 3D after I see it the regular 2d version first. On different days of course. There better be some awesome action scenes!

I am glad to see the stars of the first film returning too - they are really keeping the Tron world alive and actually improving it a lot by the looks of the trailer/images...I think it's on par with Avatar's Pandora as far as alternate universes go.

I thought I'd add the trailer and some images for anyone that isn't familiar with the film. I have no doubt that this will be huge - I mean when you get down the to basics it's a classic good vs. evil story and with a holiday release, how could they not be HUGE at the box office, you know?

I just saw the first Tron for the first time last week and I loved it. It was so great for a 20+ year movie even though of course the graphics are very dated compared to what we have now I could still really get into it and can imagine it being very innovative at the time it was released. I wanted to see it finally because I saw the trailer for Tron: Legacy and it looks incredible, I can't wait to see it in 3D

One of those viral marketing websites is flynnlives.com. If you scroll down on the web page there is a link to make your Encom badge with your own photo and they'll mail it to you with a lanyard. I just got mine in mail this week :cool1:

I think I'd seen the original when I was little...but I didn't really remember it and just kind of figured I wouldn't like it because of the top...lol. Of course, I've owned the DVD for years...but never threw it in. It came on tv a couple months ago and I figured I'd watch it...LOVED it! Once I saw the original I was very excited for the new one!

Aren't you excited to see an Flynn again? I think Jeff Bridges is such a fantastic actor (finally won an Oscar this year!!) Really glad that they got him back for the sequel.

Some new images floating around that you might enjoy - gives you even more of an idea of how much detail went into this film.

500x_tjump.jpg

Rest of images

Excuse the double post, but I thought you would enjoy this interview with Michael Sheen (loved him in Frost/Nixon!)

Hearing Sheen go on about "Tron" from there is very endearing. He really does revert to that 11-year-old boy when talking about it and what a thrill for him it is to be involved. "I still felt like that a little bit when I walked onto the set on the first day, I still felt like that little 11-year-old boy going 'Oh my god, I'm gonna get to be in this film!' And the sets and there was new technology invented for the costumes and for the filming techniques... it was just amazing to be a part of it," he gushed.

"And on top of all that to work with Jeff Bridges as well, who is one of my favorite actors of all time. So I'm just really excited about it... and to get crazy white hair, which I've always wanted."

I'm also looking forward to seeing the TRON movie in December. I can remember when I was a young girl visiting Disneyworld and staying at Fort Wilderness. We would eat dinner at one of the restaurants and they had a little arcade. After dinner, I would head down to the arcade area and play the TRON game. Good times....

Michele

This has been my most anticipated movie in a while. I love the original.

I wish I had played the Tron 2.0 game, but could not get it to run on my new PC at the time I discovered it.

Same here. Pictures are really nice. I like them,,Tron Legacy movie seems to be amazing as I have read it's reviews. It's really very interesting. Well..!! I will surely go for this movie when It will be released....

I went to the Tron:Legacy preview last night where they showed 23 minutes of the film and it is AMAZING! The 3D is beautiful, not dark and muddy like The Last Airbender, but bright and clean. The animation is superb and the costumes are great.

As a bonus everyone at the preview got some special tron:legacy cards and a special edition poster.

I dunno I'm on the fence about it. I think I'd only see it for the visuals and the Daft Punk sdtrk

I'm sooo excited to see Tron. My brother and I are going to the midnight showing. Oh yeah, and I'm gonna wear my Tron shirt. :goodvibes

I watched the trailer but I didn’t like the graphics looks like Ultraviolet...

Let’s see how the movie goes on.

Saw it last night. It kinda dragged and it could've been better. But it was great to look at (except it was a strange mix of 2D and 3D) and the soundtrack was :love: Olivia Wilde was really cute in it, Michael Sheen is a scene-stealer, and Cillian Murphy is in it for a minute and that's it. :confused3

Overall, Daft Punk :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter