Tron AP preview thread

Have been to Pandora, Star Wars Land, Ratatouille, and Guardians previews. The only one I RECALL getting the “hey, be on the lookout in the next week or so for the sign-up for preview” was Guardians. The rest just kind of happened, and these Boards as well as refreshing the first page link frequently were how I caught them. I am beginning to think there will not be a warning email as we are getting pretty darn close to when I would expect sign-ups. We’ll see . . .

Have been to Pandora, Star Wars Land, Ratatouille, and Guardians previews. The only one I RECALL getting the “hey, be on the lookout in the next week or so for the sign-up for preview” was Guardians. The rest just kind of happened, and these Boards as well as refreshing the first page link frequently were how I caught them. I am beginning to think there will not be a warning email as we are getting pretty darn close to when I would expect sign-ups. We’ll see . . .

How do CMs choose who they'll bring? Is it usually friends and family and media? Seems like a powerful position to be in- are they courted by superfans? I find this stuff fascinating! CMs deserve all they get- they are the glue to Disney- the thing that truly keeps it all together in my opinion. The true Pixies in the equation. Thanks CMs!!!!! ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

How do CMs choose who they'll bring? Is it usually friends and family and media? Seems like a powerful position to be in- are they courted by superfans? I find this stuff fascinating! CMs deserve all they get- they are the glue to Disney- the thing that truly keeps it all together in my opinion. The true Pixies in the equation. Thanks CMs!!!!! ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

They bring friends, some happen to be bloggers etc. This is normal. Esp when some bloggers used to work there.

How would you choose who to bring?
That answer has as many answers as there are grains of sand in the beach.
Some bring people they like
Some bring family
Some bring bloggers who can do something for the CM
You can bet that they are indeed courted by many, fans, bloggers, whoever wants an in to ride first.

They bring whoever they want. I was in the DCP for the GOTG previews and it happened to line up with my family’s trip so I brought family members

That's the only preview notice I've ever gotten or known to be sent.
I'm not assuming we'll get notice this time.
I don't assume anything

i clicked on the link in post 1 and it asked me to login so i got realllly excited because it didnt do that before but then i got the same wait is almost over page. maybe its a sign though that it will be soon?
So, did it say that the “wait was almost over?” Mine does not.

I did a little research to compare the GOTG previews vs what we know so far for Tron. The timeframes are already a little different.

GOTG

April ‘22

4/4 AP email went out but no dates mentioned.

4/7 ***AP park reservations availability at EPCOT for dates that ended up being AP preview dates started to disappear. That’s when initial speculation began.

4/11 CM sign up started for previews

4/11 D23 preview event for gold members went on sale for event on Sunday 5/15

4/13 DVC email about preview sign-up next day

4/14 9AM. AP previews announced and sign-up started and “sold” out. DVC also opened up this day.

4/17-3/2 CM previews for approximately 13 days in that period of time

MAY ‘22

5/8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 18-21 AP previews

5/15 D23 ticketed preview event in evening

5/9 and 5/18 DVC previews

5/27 OPENING DAY

TRON

January ‘23

1/30 CM sign ups started

February ‘23

2/6 to 3/3- all CM previews

?????

4/4 OPENING DAY

CM previews are two weeks longer this time for Tron. Maybe a sign we will see more AP preview dates than the 9 days last year? (Wishful)

Assuming things are similar to GOTG, it looks like the two key things to note are when MK ressie availability starts to disappear for AP pool as well as when D23 event goes on sale (if done again).

Bottom line. Who knows when, but it’s probably any time now. And if this were like GOTG timeframes, AP would’ve already been announced. 😂

Last edited:
Apart from DVC, AP and D23, has anyone ever had any luck in making one of these previews happen from persistence? Like direct from Guest Services or from a random CM? Do those things happen? Disney Miracles? Super Fairy Dust?

Apart from DVC, AP and D23, has anyone ever had any luck in making one of these previews happen from persistence? Like direct from Guest Services or from a random CM? Do those things happen? Disney Miracles? Super Fairy Dust?
I think some guests got pixie dusted when new Fantasyland opened. AFAIK previews has completely replaced soft openings.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter