Trip Report June 2022

dominiondad

Mouseketeer
I'll be brief. We (family of 6, all adults) stayed off-site. We went to the parks for 8 days total, 2 days in each park. here are my quick thoughts:
1. The lines that require you to dump into a large room, then reform a line at the other end cause unnecessary stress. Almost every time a small group took advantage of this to race ahead or cut off our group.
2. The new Genie+/Lightning Lane is horrible. We managed to get many Lightning Lane reservations and purchased a few LL+ rides. We even made it into the Virtual Queue for Guardians once. That said, it seemed like a lot of work during our vacation and while we were in the parks. I liked the old days when my FP+ reservations were made before arrival. We selected many attractions where the arrival time changed significantly after the selection.
3. Dining was another issue I used to have resolved before the trip but this time had to break away during the vacation to handle. Many restaurants were unavailable for the full 60 days leading up to our trip but became available the day before. I assume this is the result of people booking a reservation then cancelling at the last minute. I'd love to see a resolution to that issue.
4. The cast members were amazing, as always.
5. A lot of big rides seemed to go down during the day, especially at HS. TT, RRC, ROR,, etc. The park always seemed ill-prepared to accommodate.
6. There needs to be a training video on how to act in crowds. Some people seem to lose their brains when they enter the park. Blatantly cutting lines, turning your stroller sideways and stopping in a large moving crowd, talking loudly during rides, and dropping garbage were way too common.
7. Finally, be present. A lot of people glued to their device to capture every moment in digital format. We watched one kid (age 6?) spend the entire Safari watching a Disney video on his mother's phone.

3. Dining was another issue I used to have resolved before the trip but this time had to break away during the vacation to handle. Many restaurants were unavailable for the full 60 days leading up to our trip but became available the day before. I assume this is the result of people booking a reservation then cancelling at the last minute. I'd love to see a resolution to that issue.
Next month I am making our ADR's so I have been randomly checking reservations on the app for "the day of" or "next day". Sci-Fi, Ohana, Beaches and Cream...etc etc all available for two the next day at decent times. I am almost at the point where if I get the ADR I want great...if not I will check day before I actually want to eat there.

I would love to see a solution also....Other then appealing to guests to not make multiple reservations I am not sure much can be done. I am sure many cancel due to tiredness, heat, changes in plans...etc. But it is crazy how reservations open up day before.

My favorite part of WDW used to be the planning and now it is exponentially more difficult because you just don't know.

Thank you for sharing your trip feelings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter