Trip Number Nine ~ It's Christmastime!

I am here!!!! So excited for this trip. I love Disney at Christmas!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

:welcome: So glad you are here!!

How fun! I was wondering if there would be a PTR in the works. I just read your last trip report via all the quick links in the last four days. I'm not on much anymore...well hadn't been logged in since probably June, but been coming around a little more again as we are going next month to take our DD 17 mo. on her 1st Disney trip. I checked the trip report board just wondering if I'd come across one of yours. I've always enjoyed them. Your boys are getting so big!

:welcome:

So glad the quick links were useful, I wondered if anyone even knew they were there!! :laughing:

Congrats on your upcoming trip, that is awesome! :goodvibes Your DD is going to love it!!princess:

So glad you are joining us for this PTR, feel free to post anytime.

I know, the boys are getting so big. Makes me so sad. :sad: DS13 is only about 2 inches shorter than me!

I'm here! I don't know how good I'll be at keeping up with all of the chatter, but I'll try my best. Can't be worse than last time. :)

Hey Mel! :welcome: How are you doing??? Long time no "see"!

:welcome: to everyone!!

I'm here too

Glad you made your way over!!

IM HERE!!!!! I've been a lurker lately sad to say :( Can't wait to read more.... then hopefully a TR.... :)

YAY to 8 weeks to you and JoBird!!!!!!!!

Mari, you've got to quit all the lurking and come out to play more often!! ::yes:: :rotfl:

So happy you're here!

Yea! :yay: Can't wait to hear all the details! popcorn::

Hi Kathy! :wave:

Lots of details coming up!! :cool1:

popcorn:: joining in popcorn::

Look at your baby ticker!! :woohoo: How have you been?? :yay:

:santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

Less than 8 Weeks To Go!!!!!!!!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

(I can't believe I'm having to keep track for you.... :rolleyes1)

:lmao:

:santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

Less than 8 Weeks To Go!!!!!!!!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

(I can't believe I'm having to keep track for you.... :rolleyes1)

:lmao:

54 DAYS?!! Wow! :cool1:

IDK what my problem is and why my brain is so scattered lately. :crazy2: I am usually so organized!! I can't believe you are having to keep track for me either!! :faint:

Im piggy backing your trip checking in on the 29th of December.We are on trip 30 something since 2000 when we joined DVC.2 of my daughters are over 21 so we are having a big New Years party this year with alot of friends going.We have a 2 bedroom Villa at the Wilderness lodge for this trip.
Christmas time at Disney is awesome so have a good time... :):):):):)

Im piggy backing your trip checking in on the 29th of December.We are on trip 30 something since 2000 when we joined DVC.2 of my daughters are over 21 so we are having a big New Years party this year with alot of friends going.We have a 2 bedroom Villa at the Wilderness lodge for this trip.
Christmas time at Disney is awesome so have a good time... :):):):):)

Over 30 trips??? WOW!! That's impressive! :thumbsup2

Sounds like you have an awesome NYE trip lined up. WDW is so magical at Christmastime!! :santa:

Hey Mel! :welcome: How are you doing??? Long time no "see"!

I'm doing great, thanks for asking. :) FINALLY found enough time to catch up on the DIS. Baby is letting us sleep most of the night, so that helps. How are you? You must be pretty excited to be trying the Grand Floridian and going back to the lovely Poly! :goodvibes

I'm here, too, just a little late. I doubt if I even make it to page 2! :guilty: You would have to start when I'm on a little vacation. ;)

LOVE the title you decided on! :laughing:

It's good to see all the familiar names from your past TR's. ::yes:: And we know from experience that we will be treated to some great updates and lots of funny stories.

Can't wait to read more!

ETA: Yep, I was right........the dreaded page 3. I'm in steerage!

Do we get an update today?????????:cheer2::cheer2:

Aw, c'mon. We deserve it. Entertain us!! :rotfl::rotfl:
Please???

And Teri-- bless your heart honey.:flower3: If the ship were to take a sudden nose dive we'd all be running for steerage.
It's all a matter of perspective, see?:rotfl2:

Love her title too.:p

Have fun on your vacation!!

I'm ready to follow along with your plans!

I'm doing great, thanks for asking. :) FINALLY found enough time to catch up on the DIS. Baby is letting us sleep most of the night, so that helps. How are you? You must be pretty excited to be trying the Grand Floridian and going back to the lovely Poly! :goodvibes

Well that's good that you are getting some sleep. Those first few months can be rough! :eek:

Yes, we are very excited to be trying the GF and going back to the Poly!! :cool1: :cloud9:

I'm here, too, just a little late. I doubt if I even make it to page 2! :guilty: You would have to start when I'm on a little vacation. ;)

LOVE the title you decided on! :laughing:

It's good to see all the familiar names from your past TR's. ::yes:: And we know from experience that we will be treated to some great updates and lots of funny stories.

Can't wait to read more!

ETA: Yep, I was right........the dreaded page 3. I'm in steerage!

:welcome: Teri!! It's okay that you are late, I know you have a good excuse!! ::yes:: Actually several of my DIS friends are on vacation this week. So I'll excuse the low attendance. For now, anyway. :lmao:

Yeah, real original title huh?! So glad I thought of it. :laughing:

Lots of updates to come!!

Do we get an update today?????????:cheer2::cheer2:

Aw, c'mon. We deserve it. Entertain us!! :rotfl::rotfl:
Please???

And Teri-- bless your heart honey.:flower3: If the ship were to take a sudden nose dive we'd all be running for steerage.
It's all a matter of perspective, see?:rotfl2:

Love her title too.:p

Have fun on your vacation!!

Wow another countdown reminder!!! Are you trying to tell me that I need to get it together or what??? :confused3:rotfl2:

Sorry, no update today. Stupid work. :(
I'll try to get on here tomorrow morning before work with one!! ::yes::

Good morning! :goodvibes

So before we get to the wheres, whens, and hows of this vacation, let's talk Disney resorts....

How many WDW resorts have all of you stayed at?

For us it is the same amount of times we have been to WDW – Eight! And not because we have stayed at a different resort each and every trip (because we have repeated one of them) but because we have done a few split stays!

So where have we stayed?
October 2005 ~ Caribbean Beach Resort
May 2007 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter
May 2008 ~ Coronado Springs
January 2009 ~ Caribbean Beach Resort
November 2009 ~ Port Orleans Riverside and Old Key West
November 2010 ~ Boardwalk Inn
August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach Resort and Polynesian
April/May 2012 ~ Beach Club

As you can see we like to get around!! :rotfl: I guess we figure that since we vacation at the same place every year we might as well change things up a bit by taking on a new resort almost every time! But as you can see we do have our favorite(s). Obviously CBR is the only resort we have repeated so far. Until now. From here on out I think we will likely end up at the Polynesian as much as possible!! Or at least every other trip. ::yes:: We got to stay there for 4 nights in 2011 and were instantly in love. :lovestruc I honestly never thought the place would live up to all the hype, but it did!!

So this is how we rate all those resorts, favorite to least favorite ~

Polynesian
Caribbean Beach Resort
Boardwalk Inn
Port Orleans Riverside
Old Key West
Port Orleans French Quarter
Beach Club
Coronado Springs

I'm sure that order is surprising to some of you!! But those are our feelings.

Some pics of our favs.....

Poly ~

d1f28f1f.jpg

fe9e01a8.jpg

a1d2cd4c.jpg

812fc50b.jpg

26bef493.jpg

196c4c8a.jpg

CBR ~

a9f0792d.jpg

d3207c5d.jpg

6fe36d06.jpg

bf786e19.jpg

0e7ada4f.jpg

3136d8b7.jpg

BWI ~

06ee7ed9.jpg

8604e123.jpg

6824ae37.jpg

f450d787.jpg

Up Next: The wheres, whens, and hows of our vacation. :cool1:

Aw, I love that picture of the boys on the beach at the Poly. :lovestruc

We stayed at the Poly several times when I was little (ie, when the Poly was new! :eek:) and I would love to stay there again. We wander through it when we stay at Shades of Green and it feels very nostalgic for me.

You've stayed at a great selection of resorts! I think it's a great idea to try different ones. Can't wait to hear what you think of GF.

Holy cow----- okay first of all, the pic that you took of all of you at the Poly in Sept last year, compared to the one you posted of you at DHS from May---good grief-- the boys have grown so much in just that short amount of time! I'm not even believing it!

:(
So big.
Where the heck did the time go?:sad1:

Okay now, that out of the way, on to the resorts!:beach:

It's totally interesting to me to scroll down your pics and see the differences in room size and furnishings.

I loved staying at the Poly-- I loved the dark wood, the way the rooms looked. I was always worried that you wouldn't like that, so I'm happy that you loved it when you went.
I didn't think I would like the GF b/c it's completely different than the Poly-- light and bright and airy looking. But the GF rooms are more like the pic of the BWI rooms and we ended up falling in love with the resort we never were much interested in staying at! I guess you just never know--- you had a similar experience with the Poly.

I still would like to stay at some of the resorts you've been to-- mainly BWI and POR and one day I think we'll do it, if I can drag myself away from the GF.princess:

The way you do it with incorporating split stays- a new resort and then a favorite resort-- is the way to go I think if you're wanting to see them all.

Great post-- the pics should be very helpful to someone that might want to stay at one of them but is on the fence about them.

Oh, and the places we've stayed in order of preference:

GF
Poly
POFQ
CBR
ASMu
Pop

Thanks for the entertainment this morning, and oh-- :santa: Happy 52 days!! :santa:

Aw, I love that picture of the boys on the beach at the Poly. :lovestruc

We stayed at the Poly several times when I was little (ie, when the Poly was new! :eek:) and I would love to stay there again. We wander through it when we stay at Shades of Green and it feels very nostalgic for me.

You've stayed at a great selection of resorts! I think it's a great idea to try different ones. Can't wait to hear what you think of GF.

Thanks! :goodvibes I really like that pic too!

There's just so much to love about the Poly, isn't there? :lovestruc

We love trying new resorts. Although it can be a little scary. :scared: I hope we love the GF!! :wizard:

Holy cow----- okay first of all, the pic that you took of all of you at the Poly in Sept last year, compared to the one you posted of you at DHS from May---good grief-- the boys have grown so much in just that short amount of time! I'm not even believing it!

:(
So big.
Where the heck did the time go?:sad1:

Okay now, that out of the way, on to the resorts!:beach:

It's totally interesting to me to scroll down your pics and see the differences in room size and furnishings.

I loved staying at the Poly-- I loved the dark wood, the way the rooms looked. I was always worried that you wouldn't like that, so I'm happy that you loved it when you went.
I didn't think I would like the GF b/c it's completely different than the Poly-- light and bright and airy looking. But the GF rooms are more like the pic of the BWI rooms and we ended up falling in love with the resort we never were much interested in staying at! I guess you just never know--- you had a similar experience with the Poly.

I still would like to stay at some of the resorts you've been to-- mainly BWI and POR and one day I think we'll do it, if I can drag myself away from the GF.princess:

The way you do it with incorporating split stays- a new resort and then a favorite resort-- is the way to go I think if you're wanting to see them all.

Great post-- the pics should be very helpful to someone that might want to stay at one of them but is on the fence about them.

Oh, and the places we've stayed in order of preference:

GF
Poly
POFQ
CBR
ASMu
Pop

Thanks for the entertainment this morning, and oh-- :santa: Happy 52 days!! :santa:

Those pics were only taken about 8 months apart. Can you believe that???:upsidedow You are right -- where does the time go? :sad1:

I was really worried about the Poly. Remember that??? I really thought it would be too dark for me. But it wasn't! In fact, I am pretty sure I could live there. :cloud9: I just hope it's as awesome the second time as it was the first. I am a little worried. Last time we knew we would be in the Hawaii bldg and we lucked out with an awesome garden view room! This time we just don't know what we will get. :scared1: Kind of scary!!

Can't wait to see the GF rooms in person! I think we will like them. You are right -- they do look a lot like the BWI rooms. I totally think you should try the BWI!! ::yes:: I hear the CL there is the best on property......:rolleyes1

That's quite the list of resorts you have going there too!!:thumbsup2

:santa: Happy 51 DAYS to you!! :santa:

I was so glad you loved the Poly b/c when Mark and I tried it and I came home exclaiming over it to you I was thinking I'd never stay anywhere else and was worried that you'd try it and hate it.

Now I'm worried that you're going to try the GF and hate it after I've exclaimed over it so much! :laughing:

Oh well. If you do that's ok-- we can wave to one another from across the water. :wave2:

I do want to stay at the BWI. I tried talking Mark into staying there this trip in a CL deluxe room. But since he has stayed there with work once, he isn't too interesed in doing it again. Of course that WAS before the renovations. :scratchin Maybe next trip?? Two or three years from now??:thumbsup2 Maybe he'd be willing to do a split stay like y'all do....

I can't believe those pics were only 8 months apart.
Wait till we get pics of the kids together and compare them to last year. Holy cow it's going to be weird!

I probably missed it (I am on my second glass of wine) but wat are your dates?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter