Trip insurance when paid with DVC points

You actually have to take the insurance through DVC to insure your points. But you can take any insurance you like for medical and your flight. It is a bit confusing and takes a bit more time. But I usually get insurance through the airline for the flight. Then I purchase medical on line usually through Access America. Finally I purchase point insurance through DVC if the points I'm using are quite significant. You have until the day prior to the cancelation date to purchase the insurance for your points. I normally don't get it. But we are doing a Med cruise in a cat. 6. I think I will be getting the insurance this time.

The insurance they offer only gives you $5 a point, quite a ripoff. I get $10K for my cruise that I will have to pay $19,750 to replace. Really burns me that they do this to members. They should hang their heads

The insurance they offer only gives you $5 a point, quite a ripoff. I get $10K for my cruise that I will have to pay $19,750 to replace. Really burns me that they do this to members. They should hang their heads

I pretty much agree. And I only take it when I am using a lot of points and couldn't afford to replace the trip.

$5 barely covers your dues in some locations! If you choose to insure privately to cover medical, airfare, etc. it will also cover the $95 booking fee and any other cash items you've incurred.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter