Trial Run for Dogs in Resort Rooms

Do you think dogs should be allowed in guests' rooms?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I LOVE dogs, just love them. I have my pup's actual paw print cast as a gold pendant for my necklace. I am totally against this idea. There are SO MANY risks! Dogs biting other dogs, dogs biting guests, destruction of property, incessant barking, owners that do not keep clean after their pet....just too too much to even name! Why would I want to risk possibly taking home fleas or something else to my dog back home?! It is just a bridge too far for me.

I wouldn't mind if they limited it to the Fort Wilderness Cabins. Then if there is a barking dog there is less chance of it disturbing the neighbors. But resort rooms are different. :( We are staying at Riverside during this dog trial and I'm not to pleased about it.

This is a bad idea on so many levels, dog poop on the grounds, extra work for Mousekeeping & grounds keeping, allergic reactions (some life threatening), not to mention fleas, and barking dogs. Who thought up this nonsense??
Don't bring this idea to my home resort, I bought into an animal free, smoke free DVC resort. Sounds like a class action lawsuit pending. Wouldn't the members need to vote on this change??

I saw nothing in the blog post that suggested this was a temporary or trial basis. I have a preferred room booked at POR and was really looking forward to my stay. There have been no answers to the blog questions on whether or not these are designated rooms. Will requesting a pet free room count toward "requests" and limit my other "requests"? While I love dogs, I am allergic to most breeds and many owners are not conscientious of the effect their precious pet has on other guests.

Just no. Why? So they can sit in the room all day by themselves? Who will take them out to go to the bathroom? Barking?? Oh I'm sure the carpet will be cleaned in between when they miss their pads too right? Because housekeeping will just know that. Gross.

This is a bad idea on so many levels, dog poop on the grounds, extra work for Mousekeeping & grounds keeping, allergic reactions (some life threatening), not to mention fleas, and barking dogs. Who thought up this nonsense??
Don't bring this idea to my home resort, I bought into an animal free, smoke free DVC resort. Sounds like a class action lawsuit pending. Wouldn't the members need to vote on this change??
I just posted the same on a Facebook page and got flamed for it. I just said it would be the one thing that would make me sell.

I saw nothing in the blog post that suggested this was a temporary or trial basis.

From the bottom of the post:

For more information about the new dog-friendly trial program, including other restrictions and policies, guests may contact 407-W-DISNEY. DVC Members should contact Member Services at 800-800-9800.

Not a fan of this idea....but if they are going through with it anyway, I would hope they would just reserve a certain section/buildings/rooms for the dogs, and the rest of the resort rooms would be dog-free. I know you can do deep-cleanings, but I wouldn't want to stay in a dog-allowed room even if it was professionally cleaned.

I saw nothing in the blog post that suggested this was a temporary or trial basis. I have a preferred room booked at POR and was really looking forward to my stay. There have been no answers to the blog questions on whether or not these are designated rooms. Will requesting a pet free room count toward "requests" and limit my other "requests"? While I love dogs, I am allergic to most breeds and many owners are not conscientious of the effect their precious pet has on other guests.
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...g-oct-15/?CMP=SOC-DPFY17Q4wo1012171018170022C

I love animals, but I think this is an awful idea. My first thought is the added noise of dealing with a barking dog left in the room next door. It definitely happens even with dogs who wouldn't do this age home. Second, there are way too many irresponsible pet owners in this world who can't clean up after their pets or keep control of their pets. It's bad enough when I deal with this at home in my neighborhood and even in my yard, I definitely don't want to deal with this on vacation. And then there are the housekeeping concerns, dog allergies, etc. It just seems like a bad idea all around IMO.

The more I think about this, the more ridiculous it seems! Where do I go to let Disney know that this is the WORST idea I've ever heard???

For more information about the new dog-friendly trial program, including other restrictions and policies, guests may contact 407-W-DISNEY. DVC Members should contact Member Services at 800-800-9800.

Not a fan of this idea....but if they are going through with it anyway, I would hope they would just reserve a certain section/buildings/rooms for the dogs, and the rest of the resort rooms would be dog-free. I know you can do deep-cleanings, but I wouldn't want to stay in a dog-allowed room even if it was professionally cleaned.

Even limiting this to certain sections/bldgs/rooms, it wouldn't necessarily contain a flea problem, worms, or illness. Those things can be picked up from the areas outside where they're walked.

I'm not sure how they would manage this. Unless they were certain they could keep x number of rooms with dogs full at all times. Considering they are used to running close to capacity most of the time they aren't about to let rooms sit empty because they are only for people booking with dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter