Transportation from WL to MK

laurelk

Love to CRUIZZZZZ!
Greetings! I'm new to the boards and (gulp) to WDW. I'm a Disneyland girl but ready to become a convert. We're visiting WDW on a land/cruise in January and staying at WL. Are boats the best way to get to MK with two pre-schoolers? How bad are the busses?
Thanks much!:Pinkbounc

Welcome to the DIS!

You'll find differing views on the bus transportation from WL to the parks. I've found it is just fine for me and my DW -- we have no kids. To get to MK, you'll probably want to take the boat. Using the bus, you'll have to go to the Ticket/Transport Center, then to MK -- long hard trip.

Head to the boat dock early. Transportation for WL is shared with FW, so people have reported that often the boats are packed by the time they leave FW, so they skip WL completely.

Same for the buses. They are shared with FW, but they stop at WL first. Head out early if you want to get into the parks right away.

I have stayed at the WL twice. In both cases I took the boat to the MK but I think I would have made it there much quicker if I waited (and waited and waited) for a bus to the TTC then go on the monorail.

So yes the transportation when I went was horrible and it was even worse when we left the MK and waited in the long line at the boat.

One night we were tempted to walk back to the WL from the TTC because we waited fot the bus but then if finally came.

So yes I am one of the people who has had bad luck there.

But then I love my Polynesian and love my monorail (well they aren't really mine) but there have been a few times during EE (Mmmf...) to the MK that we were on the monorail at about 7:30am and they decided it was a good time to put a new monorail on the track so we had to wait (this happened more then once) and luckily got to the MK at about 8:15am. I was not very happy since it was a early entry day.

Kerri-12 more days to the Polynesian:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

we didn't have any problems with transportation from the Wilderness Lodge last year.

The boat to the Magic Kingdom was fast and convinient. It was a designated boat for the MK so it didn't stop anywhere else. Look at the sign at the boat dock. It will tell you which boat goes where according to the color flag on it.

...about the WL transportation issue, I suggest reading the "NEW Wilderness Lodge FAQ!!!" thread that is located on the Resorts Board. I will be heading there shortly(er, the WL, that is!); I'll post to let you know how it goes....;)

Countdown to WDW:
18 hours - 2 minutes - Yahoo!!:Pinkbounc :bounce:

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy::) )

We have visited the WL twice with our DD at 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 and found that the boat was the way to go. We would just roll the stroller to the end of the dock and fold it up when the boat arrived. My husband finds the boat ride an advantage to staying at the WL. Transportation over the years has gotten much better at the WL. The WL is the perfect place for pre-schoolers for the fact it is one building and everything is close.

Hope this helps!
jlb

84 Poly
86 Peabody
96 WL
00 WL
01 ASMu
01 WL
02 CBR
02 WL or GF

If the boat to MK is packed from Fort Wilderness (as it was one morning last week!) you could take the boat that goes to the Contemporary and then the monorail to MK from there. We like to think of it as an added adventure!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts