Trading non-interactive wand for interactive?

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
My daughter got a non interactive wand a few years ago that is still brand new in box. She would prefer an interactive wand for our next trip. Is it possible to trade the non interactive wand and just pay the difference? Doe sit matter when the 1st wand was purchased as long as it is new still?

My daughter got a non interactive wand a few years ago that is still brand new in box. She would prefer an interactive wand for our next trip. Is it possible to trade the non interactive wand and just pay the difference? Doe sit matter when the 1st wand was purchased as long as it is new still?
From 4 years ago (found by googling)-

https://www.disboards.com/threads/wand-upgrade.3492546/
Sounds like they may have done it years ago but not anymore. Even if you have the original receipt I doubt they would process a return years later, never hurts to try I guess.

FYI you can get interactive wands inexpensively on Ebay (about $20-$25 including shipping) if you pay close attention to the wand tips in the photos, even if the listing doesn't say "interactive". The wands that cast spells have a little bulb at the tip. They never wear out, and if the bulb gets too scratched up to work, Ollivanders 'fixes' them (substitutes a new one).

I've never understood the allure of buying a prop wand for nearly as much as the interactive ones. They're nearly as expensive!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!