Touring Plans Room Request Fax

1. We are DVC members, so is it wiser to use TP room fax request or to call Member Services to make a request?

2. If I do either method above, should I go in and modify my online check in requests and take them all out? The online check in really doesn't allow for much in the way of requests anyway.
DVC doesn't accept faxes. Make your requests with Member Services.

@lentesta

Len,
I configured a fax through your site and received an email saying it was going to be sent, but when I go to my dashboard, it doesn't say anything about it being sent or received, only an option to configure a fax. Is there any other way to find out if the fax was sent?

Thanks,
danielkent (on TP.com)
aka surfcruiser

WAIT!!! I found it. When I clicked on "Configure Fax" it brings me to a page that says when it was faxed.

Nevermind. :-)

And thanks for such a great service! I'll report back here post-trip to let everyone know how well it worked.

@lentesta

Len,
I configured a fax through your site and received an email saying it was going to be sent, but when I go to my dashboard, it doesn't say anything about it being sent or received, only an option to configure a fax. Is there any other way to find out if the fax was sent?

Thanks,
danielkent (on TP.com)
aka surfcruiser

DVC doesn't accept faxes. Make your requests with Member Services.

We've sent a few thousand DVC room requests through fax, with a high rate of fulfillment. If it was once or twice, I'd say they were doing guests a favor by accepting faxes. But it looks like a policy to me.

For our trip last October, we didn't get our request at CBR. We had booked preferred and requested Martinque - but ended up in Trinidad North. Not the end of the world... and I think the resort was pretty full.

We will try again for our trip to CSR in November!

I think one thing worth mentioning is I don't think sending a fax increases the odds of you getting your request.
I don't think faxes hold more weight than a phone call. All requests are handled the same way and filled if possible
But they are a convenient way to get your information in to the room assigners. I hate calling Disney on the phone so I'm a huge advocate of using the fax system. And TP makes it super easy.

I was really excited to see this as a feature for touringplans. I am a huge fan of the company. I use their plans every trip. I just set up a request to be sent for my upcoming trip at All Star Sports. I already paid for a preferred room, so I know i'll be in surfs up. I really like how I can narrow down more requests than what Disney offers for online check-in. I picked room 6360 (or of course any other that popped up in that block). I like higher floors (every time i've stayed on a first floor room with outside doors (pop, all star music, OKW, SSR) I get lizards, snakes, and frogs in my room), A pool view for my morning coffee, close to the pool bar to be close to the fun. I'll let everyone know how it turns out!

And thanks for such a great service! I'll report back here post-trip to let everyone know how well it worked.

Okay, through the Touring Plans website, we requested ground floor, Building 1, east facing (this would put Doc or some of the vehicle characters from the Cars movie outside our window to delight our grandson). I stated our reasons in the comments section as such too, which leads me to what they actually accommodated:

It was Building 2 (no worries so far),
Ground Floor (please don't let it look out at a parking lot),
WEST facing!

With high hopes, I slowly crept across the room and opened the windows, 18 month old grandson in my arms, and there was Fillmore staring right at us and with a glimpse down the way, Lightning McQueen himself. My Cars-crazed little man responded with "Oooo wow!" and pointing with a smile said emphatically, "CRUCK CRUCK!" Translation: "There is a vehicle similar to a truck over there, Pop, gander at it's magnificence with me."

Or something like that.

So, the fax worked. And we were one, big happy family who, after just a few days passed, became one big wore out, exhausted, but smiling from ear-to-ear family.

Worked for me! I was there on rented DVC points and got the exact room I requested. It was a 1BR value villa, so there aren't many and it may have been a coincidence, but I was happy!

Sorry if this is clarified elsewhere. I've checked-in on-line through DVC and made a couple "close to" requests. If I also make a TP request through my TP membership, will those requests override my on-line check-in requests or be added to those requests? If added, which request takes top priority?
Specifics: We'll be in a Treehouse villa but want one closest to walkways, as already requested. There are some closest to the walkways that look best to us. The TP requests about a direction the treehouse faces can include treehouses on the opposite end from the walkways already requested. I don't want "N-facing" to be a preference above "near walking paths" and thus get "N-facing" far away from walking paths - we'd rather have E facing near walking paths.

Sorry if this is clarified elsewhere. I've checked-in on-line through DVC and made a couple "close to" requests. If I also make a TP request through my TP membership, will those requests override my on-line check-in requests or be added to those requests? If added, which request takes top priority?
Specifics: We'll be in a Treehouse villa but want one closest to walkways, as already requested. There are some closest to the walkways that look best to us. The TP requests about a direction the treehouse faces can include treehouses on the opposite end from the walkways already requested. I don't want "N-facing" to be a preference above "near walking paths" and thus get "N-facing" far away from walking paths - we'd rather have E facing near walking paths.
I would never use TP Fax if it includes any requests that conflict with your online requests, or requests otherwise provided.
Room Assigners have no way to know what you consider more important. One does not carry more weight than another.
If you can not make the requests the same, only do 1 method.

Didn't work for me
Were you very specific in your request, like specific room numbers, or just general location preferences? If rooms, did you request a few, a lot? Just wondering what seems to work better.

**Update**
Here now. Just checked in this evening and did NOT get ANY of the rooms I requested for ANYONE in my party. Not only not the rooms, but we didn't even get the ground floor that I requested for a member of my party with a medical issue. I used Touring Plans to fax our requests and I called twice to follow up. I know none of this is a guarantee, but it's still disappointing.
Not to mention the CM gave me huuuge attitude when I asked about my requests. Her reply was something along the lines of, "I don't know why outside businesses tell guests they can request rooms because we do NOT have to do that and there's nothing I can do about it." :sad2:

It's not the fact you didn't get your requests. The CM could have been a lot nicer with the delivery of the message.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter