Touring Plans Room Request Fax

TabithaStephens

Earning My Ears
Any thoughts on Touring Plans Room Request Fax? I just tried it for the first time and wasn't sure if I'm supposed to wait for some kind of confirmation from TP that the request went through or not. I've been searching their website but haven't been able to find a way to contact them and ask. I'm also under the 5 day mark, so maybe it's too late? I've never used TP for anything before, but have seen posters on here say mostly positive things about it so I thought I'd give it a try.

Thanks in advance for any input or previous experience!

I think they send the fax 3 days in advance and then they send you an email asking to let them know if you got the room you wanted. I haven't experienced it personally yet (using the room request fax for my trip in September) but that's the info I've gathered from stalking the topic on the forums. Good luck!

I thought the resorts were no longer accepting room requests via fax?

Oh no...where did you hear about this? This was one of the main reason I subscribed to TP because I wanted to ensure connecting rooms for several people in my party.
Would I be better off calling?

Oh no...where did you hear about this? This was one of the main reason I subscribed to TP because I wanted to ensure connecting rooms for several people in my party.
Would I be better off calling?

The problem is requests are just that - making a request, regardless of how, isn't going to guarantee getting connecting rooms

I always include our requests when I make our reservation and then I also fax those requests again directly to the resort 4 days before we check in. I think there was only one time that we didn't get what we requested.

I used TP room views and chart to choose my room. I used TP fax service and it worked perfectly. I received an email from TP that confirmed when they faxed the in the request.

I know a request is not a guarantee. I was delighted when we arrived at MCO to get my online checkin confirmation that said we got the exact room I wanted.

My husband was so pleased that I picked the very closest room to the coffee machine at Pop Century.

I can't remember if I got a confirmation from TP, but I did have a good experience with their fax service last February. I had requested connecting rooms, 4th floor, Boca Chica for 2 GF-LV rooms and we got the exact rooms I had requested which were GREAT as, when we looked to the side, we could see the castle and the fireworks. Again, the fax is just a request, but our request was honored!!

Thank you, everyone for all of the input! I know it's just a request, but I wasn't sure what was the best way to make my requests and TP seemed pretty good.
I appreciate everyone sharing their experiences!

I thought the resorts were no longer accepting room requests via fax?
That has always been the word. And it may be accurate from the General Public.
It may be TP has a special phone number they've learned about that gets the faxes in to the right hands
or it may be the resorts do take faxes and the word has been wrong all this time.
I honestly don't know
But I do know the room I requested via the fax service has worked for us. Not 100% of the time but it has worked.
First, to let those who haven't used it know, it doesn't request a specific room. You use their room finder to locate a specific room and then have it send a fax but if you read the fax you'll see it uses that room to give them a list of rooms with similar criteria so it's not like you are asking them for a specific room. you are letting them know the room type you want.
One prime example is at ASMu. We used the fax service to request a King room. It was the only method I used to request a King room. We got a King room.
In two other instances the room we got was one of the rooms in the request.

That has always been the word. And it may be accurate from the General Public.
It may be TP has a special phone number they've learned about that gets the faxes in to the right hands
or it may be the resorts do take faxes and the word has been wrong all this time.
I honestly don't know
But I do know the room I requested via the fax service has worked for us. Not 100% of the time but it has worked.
First, to let those who haven't used it know, it doesn't request a specific room. You use their room finder to locate a specific room and then have it send a fax but if you read the fax you'll see it uses that room to give them a list of rooms with similar criteria so it's not like you are asking them for a specific room. you are letting them know the room type you want.
One prime example is at ASMu. We used the fax service to request a King room. It was the only method I used to request a King room. We got a King room.
In two other instances the room we got was one of the rooms in the request.
You actually can go in and modify it yourself though. I took out some rooms that I didn't like the view of. It actually hasn't sent yet though because my trip isn't until June so I'm assuming it will send it as I have modified it.

We used it for our trip in Feb/March and I was very pleased with the results. We booked 2 river view rooms at POFQ and then my inlaws booked a standard view arriving 5 days later so it was a bit tricky. I prioritized our requests - #1 - Connecting rooms for our 2 rooms. #2 - same building and floor as my inlaws when they arrived #3 - Building 2 or 5 #4 -1st floor. My first 3 requests were all met, we were in building 2 with connecting rooms but 3rd floor and my inlaws were also placed in building 2 - 3rd floor. We were very pleased and 3rd floor was not a big deal at all as the elevators were right on the way to our room for my parents and grandma.

I used it in November and it was wonderful! I got the specific room I requested at POR, royal rooms. We are using it for this years trip, but we know it's not guaranteed. We have 3 rooms booked at Beach Club, so I put all 3 reservation numbers on one fax request. It doesn't hurt to use it at all.

I always include our requests when I make our reservation and then I also fax those requests again directly to the resort 4 days before we check in. I think there was only one time that we didn't get what we requested.

Do you use TP's fax service or have you faxed them directly? If yourself directly, where do you get the fax number?

You actually can go in and modify it yourself though. I took out some rooms that I didn't like the view of. It actually hasn't sent yet though because my trip isn't until June so I'm assuming it will send it as I have modified it.
Yes, you can modify it to request a specific room if you wish. I got the room beside the room I requested, so that worked out great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter