Too Soon For 2005 rate watch thread?

I too want to book for August 2005. I called yesterday and the only discounts were AAA. I threw the numbers away because it was more then I wanted to pay.

My AAA rate is also higher than I want to pay. My plan/hope is to keep my ressie (as they sell out fast for my dates) and keep checking for better discounts!

Originally posted by d4est
PoohBears#1fan- I don't know if rates are open for August yet. You can check at universalorlando.com, but AP rates are NOT available yet for 2005. Once they are you just put APH in the code box on the ressie page. I am not sure about the kid's suite. I have never seen it come up either. You may have to call direct to ask about it. Try 1-800-be-a-star. When you ask about the room you should ask what discounts are available. Also check back every few months as new discounts become available. This is something they encourage! (FYI, AP rate is usually one of the best discounts!)

Hi d4: Is the "Be a Star" # the "better" place to make the ressie's?

If I have an Annual Pass and I book 2 rooms, can I get the AP rate for both rooms if that rate is available?

Related to ClanHarrison's question - do you have to have the AP at the time you book or can you get it closer to your trip date?

I am not an APH, so I really can't answer your questions. I know you can call the be a star # or loews directlly. I don't really think it matters, but maybe someone else has a different opinion???

You can get your pass when you get there, as long as you have it at check in, you are set.

I'm looking for APH for May or June. ANyone see any 2005 APH yet? Looking for the Hard Rock, but will settle for Royal Pacific.

Deneen

For now, the only available discount for 2005 is AAA. What I have heard is that the other codes won't be out until mid-late Sept, possibly even later. I am sure someone will post on this board as soon as others become available!

Originally posted by d4est
What I have heard is that the other codes won't be out until mid-late Sept, possibly even later.

FWIW, I was told "end of the month" (September) yesterday by a Universal employee when I phoned about spring reservations with an AP or Ent rate.

Do I need to just call the 800#? My dates in 2005 3/30 - 4/2 don't register any discounts for AAA or anything else on Loewshotels.com....

I would call. It could be that some of your days are not available for discount, but some are and you can get the AAA applied to certain days. It is worth a shot.

My dates are set. They are 4/30-5/8. I really like the Hard Rock because it is so close to the Studios. But I'm leaning towards the Royal Pacific because it is just a little cheaper. ANd because I've heard that the pool there is great for little ones.
I'm looking for the best rate. I have the FAN CLub, AP, ENT, AAA.
Does anyone have any idea what the RP rates are for this time of year?

I called Universal. Still no AP, Fan club or ENT rates. They do have AAA. The CM tried to get me to book now. She said they have limitted availability. I thought 4/30-5/8 would be a slower time of year. I'm going to wait a little longer.

Deneen

I booked HRH for 3/30-4/2 at a price of $294 via the 800#. She checked and there were no AAA, ENT, or other discounts available, so I'll have to just keep checking back.

I'm waiting too. Just ordered my Entertainment book yesterday. Hope discounts are offered for my days...4/16-4/19. :wave:

AuroraluvsPhillip,
Looks like we are planning to be at the HRH at the same time.
Have you booked your room, yet? I booked a while ago and wasn't even able to get a AAA discount:(
I too am hoping for something good to come up for that time.
Good luck in your planning!:D

We've never stayed at Universal before. I'm having DU deal with my resort ressies. She booked the dates at rack rate for now. Said AAA wasn't available yet. But I already have a FAN club card, and just ordered the ENT book, so hopefully I'll be able to get a better deal when these discounts are released later on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter