Too Soon For 2005 rate watch thread?

Kourtnie

Mouseketeer
I guess it is probably too soon to start comparing prices with one another on trips for 2005. I was just wondering cause I am definately trying to get a lower rate and thought it would be easier to look in one place.
I started off at 260.91 a night at RPR
Right now I have the AAA rate for RPR for 234.82.
Feb 23-27

Yea, it is probably too soon. I don't think we will see any discounts until Sept or Nov.

I will be at RPR (nearly) the same time as you. My dates are Feb 21-26. Strangly, though, my rates started out at 234/night (seasonal rack rate) and was told that I should check back for discounts in 1-2 months. Where did you make your ressies?? Under the rate discription, what did it say?

I check every couple of days, just in case. I am still getting 234/night with or without and type of code, including my AAA.

The prices that I wrote were including room taxes and everything. I think the AAA rate was 210.60 without taxes

oh, ok....so, where did you go or call to get a different rate for AAA, because I can't find anything other than the 234 (without taxes)...

Thanks!

also, I just went to the aaa.com and checked....they give me the same rate of 234??? What's up?

If you go on Universal website and type AAA in the code. I tried your dates and it looks like it is not coming up because of the 21st. If I type in the 22-26 it comes up, maybe ask if they can apply it to those dates for you.

Yup, and Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! I hadn't thought that the different dates might make a difference!! the 21st is throwing a wrench into the works. Strange, as it is a monday, wouldn't think it would be a problem! I am going to call direct and, at least, have them apply the AAA discount to the other days. Thanks for the help!

Well, it took some hold time, but I got 4 of my 5 nights changed to the 210.60 rate. Apparently Feb 21st is sold out, so there is no AAA discount for that date. But, she did encourage me to check back periodically, as it may open up to discount.

Totally clueless about Universal and going in January. What phone number do you call for reservations at PBH? Thanks much. :D

Dizz42-you can call 1-800-be-a-star or go to universalorlando.com and click on onsite hotels at the top. You can also go to loewshotels.com...there you should sign up for loews first, it is free and could get you a welcome gift upon arrival and possibly a free upgrade when available.

antmaril-yea, I realized that, and thought that might be the problem, but the person I spoke to said it was that they are all booked on that day....

Thanks for posting. My rate dropped from $409 + tax to $354.60 + tax a night for a club room at Portofino. This is from Feb 24-27.

Thanks so much I saved over $120 :Pinkbounc :earseek: :bounce: :tongue:

I booked a room at the RPR for 224.00 from Jan. 13-17. It was a FAN club rate. Really hope to get a dicount on this price after seeing others getting 119.00 a night in mid to late DEC. Keep watching and posting. We will all share in the savings!!

It looks like the rack rate for Jan is 199 so you will probably get it cheaper. When I check for discounts I always try first with no codes to get the rack rate and then go back and put codes in. So your rate is not really the FAN club rate even if you put that code in. But that is good news cause chances are it will go down.:)

ps:
If you apply AAA to your dates it is 159.20 a night plus tax, you will have to do like the above poster and ask them to apply it to individual days it looks like it is available everyday but the 16th

There are no AAA rates for the 27th Jan but there are for the days either side.

I was hoping to get an Entertainment rate for the 27th but it must be pretty booked up already!

The Hard Rock has AAA still for the 27th so I might go for that so I don't spoil my plans!..decisions,decisions!

Elise

I dont think ENT rates are out yet, infact I think that AAA is the first discount out, but I'm not positive. So I wouldnt worry too much.

Thanks Kourtnie for starting this thread! I am watching for discounts for April 2005 for HRH. Hopefully someone will post as soon as they are out.

Thanks for the heads up. I just called Loews and was able to apply the AAA discount to my reservations at Portofino Bay in February. My rate went from $294 to $264!! Savings of $120 for four nights!

Thanks again!

Called for 1/7 & 1/8 and got the following AAA rates for PBH (not including tax): Club Level $283.20; Deluxe King $243.20; and Bay View King $211.20. I booked Deluxe King a little reluctantly but very nice lady said call back in October for possible discounts. Again, thank you, d4est, for the info and thanks also to our wonderful DIS community! Great sharing and caring! ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter