Tips on posting a trade

LoriR

Mouseketeer and DIS Veteran
I thought maybe it would be a good idea to post a few tips that would help the trade threads run a bit smoother. :)

Lately, I am seeing many posts do not include enough information such as:

I have rare.

Trading a pirate hat.

The way you write your post and the more information you include will help you make a better trade!

If you are starting a trade thread, please be sure to list exactly what you are trading by listing the names of the items. Include some idea of what would interest you in a trade. Will you take buyables, something that is new in the stores, only park quest and if so what type, etc...... This gives someone who may be interested in trading a place to start with their offer to you.

If you are offering on a trade, be specific about what you are offering and what the offer is for. Saying, magic, hat, or rare is not enough information.

These are just a few things that could help you in trading. Please feel free to offer additional suggestions! Let's keep it to suggestions, however, and not complaints. ;) This is meant to be a help thread, not a vent thread.

Lori

I just want to second Lori's suggestions...

I know when I look at threads I look at things the people want to determine if I have items to bid for- but I will not usually bid for something when it is just a "make offer" it is always nice to have some idea of what the person wants to make an offer.

And same goes when bidding- a clear offer is much better than "I have this chair, and this pin, and this other thing and a bunch of other stuff" A clear offer of specific items is much better than a random amount or the "you pick from my list" offers- unless you truly will allow the trader to pick x number of items from your list

Also if bidding for more than one thing a person is offering- sometimes a bid of a few items for a set of items (costumes, pin set, etc) would be fine- but if the person has many different things for trade it may be better to offer specific things for individual items- that way you won't get turned down completely if the person doesn't like one of your offers- you may still get some of the items you want...

And I've noticed and increase in trading for credits threads- which is fine- but minimums is a great thing- that way people can determine right off if the items will be offered in their credit spending range- And while setting your minimums you will accept- consider what the actual cost was to you if purchased and by all means add to it if it is now retired but I wouldn't expect too much

Another suggestion- is don't make an offer if you aren't sure if you will follow through- often times a trader will receive multiple offers for one item and will turn down "lower" bidders only to later have the "winning" bidder drop out of the trade at the last minute- makes it difficult to then get people to bid if you had already turned down their bids.

If you are offering an item for trade- keep the bids as open as possible- you don't have to share the name of the person who pm's you an offer- but you should let others know what the offer was if you are considering- so they have a chance to increase their bids- you may end up with an even better deal.

And in the same vein- don't post the same item for trade at multiple sites unless you plan to share what bids are at both places- it is frustrating to bidders to find out they were being outbid at another location.-- At least say this item is also posted at other sites and offer to pm privately the links...

IF you are trading or you bid on something and you are currently banned- state that while making the offers- that way the person can determine if it is worth their while to wait for your return or not- they may get a slightly lower bid from someone willing to trade in a day or two instead of someone who is banned for a month.

Make your trades promptly- and check back on the threads if you have made a post - this goes for those on both sides of a trade- don't post items you have for trade and then go away for a week- just wait and make the post later-

Don't post in other people's trade threads to accept bids for items- the original poster makes the trade and people bid on the items- if you have something similar to trade make your own post I'm sure others will bid for it- but it is rude to accept the bids that people are offering to others...

And keep if friendly- don't get upset if your offer is turned down- in the game of trades things are worth different amounts to different people. Someone may really want ice and value it highly while others put a big value on quest and staff pins. You can always increase your bid or look for the item somewhere else.

I third all of those seeing how VirtualyMe already seconded them (even though i dont think seconded it a word :) ).

Also adding a little color to help peek their interests, and catch their eye may help.

Some items have more than one color so be sure to specify which one, Ex. trading a princess skirt. You would not know what to offer since some of the skirts are more rare than others

Make sure everything that you typed is readable, make sure they know what you are talking about, so they dont think they are offering on inferno when it is ghost magic.

My tips for today!

These are some very good tips for people trying to trade. :thumbsup2

I know this is an old thread, but I believe the tips could help trading go much smoother. :thumbsup2

Lori

Like PinkGalYall said sometimes if you post in color it helps to identify things. Make a key(a little note) explaining what colors mean what. As an example:

Pirate Hat
Wanted Poster
Baseball Predictometer
Crown

Inferno
Stitch Hat

Blue = Items Pending Trade
Red:Items that are really valuable
Purple: Traded Items

That usually helps when trying to point out things, or need an easy and quick fix to tell people somethings been traded.

Make sure the colors you use are readable, usually bright colors such as yellow make it really hard to read.

Make sure to list the items your trading in order and make sure TO list them

If you want certain item's point them out, point out things your NOT wanting to trade for

HIH :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter