Tip for the Lowe's delivery guy?

I usually give them $20, they work hard and I just feel it is right to tip them.

I usually do at least $10 a person. I am a very weak person so I really appreciate when people deliver and set up very heavy things.

I would have given them $5 each. Never knew about any store rules against tipping, and have never had anyone refuse a tip, ever :confused3. I would always offer, it is up to the delivery person to not accept.

I always tip & say something like, "this is for lunch". I have never had a tip refused. :thumbsup2

I delivered furniture for five years and tips were few and far between. I never tip them myself.

We have never tipped for appliance delivery, especially if we are paying a delivery fee. We don't do pizza delivery because I think it is ridiculous that they charge a fee to deliver AND you have to tip. We tip at restaurants and tip 18-20% when the service is good.

I don't tip little things like the bagger at the grocery store, or the lady serving us ice cream. As a preschool teacher I don't expect parents to tip me for taking good care of their children. Tips seems to have gotten out of hand lately!

I worked at Sears and Build a Bear and neither place allowed us to accept tips...And I was offered $20 once for doing a party at BAB and couldn't take it!

Well, it's also the job of a waitress/waiter to bring you your food. Your hairdresser to do your hair. Your cab driver to get you to your destination. Your Chinese delivery person or pizza guy to get the food to your home. Your bell hop to bring your luggage up. You tip all these people don't you?? Why would you cheap out on an appliance or furniture delivery person????? Or do you just cheap out altogether and not tip anyone because "uhhh, it's their job"???

So, uhhh, yeah, it IS their job but it's also nice to show some appreciation for what they do.

Those people are paid an hourly wage that is based on them getting tips. A waitress does not make standard min. wage. They make much less and it is figured into their wage -and taxes- that they will be tipped. Not a valid comparison

I don't tip people who are in non tipped positions.

Do you tip your nurse? your DR? your Policeman? Your plumber? Your Professor?

I never have. I had a guy for a small furniture store refuse a tip after GREAT service. Tough to get item up steps and through door, he took things apart and put back together. Instead of the tip he said that if I felt he did outstanding service to mention him by name to the store's manager. I wrote a letter for him and sent the same day....

I've always tipped for furniture/appliance delivery. We just recently had a dishwasher delivered from Home Depot. I tipped them and they accepted.

I used to be thethe guy who came to fix your AC, when I was an hourly employee, I used to get tips sometimes. When I owned the company and was at someone's house I never received a tip. That is how I decide, so, Id tip the delivery guy.

Tipping has not gotten out of hand, but the complaining about it has.

I asked my friend who works at Lowe's - he said that you should not tip any delivery people from Lowe's that can get them fired (if they take it).

I used to be thethe guy who came to fix your AC, when I was an hourly employee, I used to get tips sometimes. When I owned the company and was at someone's house I never received a tip. That is how I decide, so, Id tip the delivery guy.

Tipping has not gotten out of hand, but the complaining about it has.

You're not supposed to tip owners, I've always been taught, it's supposedly seen as insulting.

Someone said 'do you tip plumbers?!' - yes? If they're not the owners, heh.

I asked my friend who works at Lowe's - he said that you should not tip any delivery people from Lowe's that can get them fired (if they take it).

That's their decision though. I'm not making the decision for them - I tip delivery people, and goodness knows there are plenty of 'em!

Different delivery places have different rules. My deceased husband worked for a furniture company, delivering household furniture, he often got tips. He was paid a set salary, not an hourly wage, often worked 12-15hrs a day or more, I can not tell you how many weeks went by when he left before the kids got up and came home after they went to bed because his delivery area was over an hour or more away from the warehouse. When he did get a tip it was usually how we paid for dinner out, in those days it was a real treat to eat out on his day off. I say when in doubt ask. Often times he did not get tips in money, but in ice cold bottles of water, I was just as thankful when he would tell me about those as I was about the money for dinner out, In the summer heat, think about that too. He has even gotten sandwiches when he arrived during lunch, banana bread and other homemade goodies. A tip is not always money.:thumbsup2

From a big box retailer's handbook about what can lead to termination:

"Accepting tips or gifts from customers, vendors or other third
parties."

We always tip, and offer something to drink. Usually $10 per delivery person.

We don't do pizza delivery because I think it is ridiculous that they charge a fee to deliver AND you have to tip.

That's just mean. Believe me the delivery fee does NOT go to the driver who comes to your house, at your convenience, in all kinds of weather, using his personal vehicle that now smells perpetually of other people's food. And who gets in trouble if the food isn't delivered fast and hot or if he makes a mistake. He's paid a pittance.

If you don't like the delivery fee, you should choose a different pizza place, don't stiff the delivery guy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter