Time?

SRB4x41ab

Earning My Ears
Today a seller at VWL and I aggreed on the sale of 100 points. I was wondering how long did it take you to close your deal? The re-sale agent said to expect up to 7-8 weeks. Is this the typical amount of time or is it less? We are also planning on booking a 2 bd for OCT 18-25 2009, will there be any 2 bd's available at VWL or another resort? It looks like our expeceted closing date is towards the end of May. What's the odds of getting a room for our dates? I know this is alot of questions but I'm fairly new to the DIS board and I need all of the help I can get! Oh, one more thing how do you get those cool time lines to when you are leaving to vist WDW at the end of your responses? Any other additional information you could possible pass along would be greatly appreciated. :mickeyjum

If you have a motivated seller who returns things in a timely manner, it can be closer to 4 - 5 weeks.

Here is my timeline for my recent resale at VWL:

Offer made on 1/4/09. Offer accepted and sent to Disney for ROFR on 1/6/09.

Heard we passed ROFR around the 23rd of January. Closed on 2/2/09. So 28 days from start to finish. Was in the DVC system and booked a reservation on 2/7/09.

Good luck and I hope it goes quickly for you!

I bought 2 contracts about a year ago. One went really fast. The other one dragged. It turns out the sellers were getting a divorce and weren't cooperating with each other. The wording in my contract allowed me to cancel after a certain number of days. I told the real estate agent (who did a great job, by the way), that I was going to cancel if the date was not met. He was able to use this as leverage with the sellers and they finally got their paperwork completed to meet the date.

Although I don't think you'll be able to get BWV or BCV for your dates, I'm sure you'll be able to get into SSR, OKW, or AKV due to their sizes.

Good Luck!

Congrats, again, on your contract!!! :thumbsup2

As for time line, it took around 2 - 2 1/2 months from offer to booking a reservation. Once you've been notified that you've closed, I would wait a couple of days and start calling Disney daily. You can call Member Services before you have your member id, and they can look you up in the system. If you're not there yet, you'll know your paperwork hasn't been processed. As soon as it is, you'll be able to make your reservation.

Good luck making your reservation. Remember, if the nights you want aren't available at a given resort, see if MS can find something splitting your stay between resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter