• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Time to get to MCO?

imortalcandy

Mouseketeer
If the ship gets back at 7:30am will we have time to catch a 9:30 flight or would it be safer to get a 10:30 or noon flight?
Its just DH and I, no kids
*edit*
we will probably get a rental car.

If you dont have a car and take Disney transportation you could be waiting up to an hour for the bus to leave and then it's a :45 drive to MCO, check luggage, go through security (takes awhile at MCO). When the ship dock it has to wait for clearance before they can let you off. I would go for after 12.

The 10:30 is possible but I would take the noon flight. That way you have some leeway if there is a delay getting the ship cleared.

If the ship gets back at 7:30am will we have time to catch a 9:30 flight or would it be safer to get a 10:30 or noon flight?
Its just DH and I, no kids
*edit*
we will probably get a rental car.

There is no way I would try to make a 9:30 flight! Even if Customs does clear the ship early, you would have no chance of getting a rental car and making that flight. Unless you are going to leave a rental car parked at the port while you cruise, plan on at least 45 minutes to get a shuttle and rent the car. Then it's about 45 - 60 minutes to the airport (depending on traffic) and then you have to return the car and check in with the airline. Absolute best case scenario would probably be about 2 hours from the time you leave the ship. Plus - getting through security at MCO is really hit or miss. We've had a couple of times where we were in line for close to an hour.

Save yourself the stress and take the the noon flight.

DO NOT schedule a flight before 11:30.

Yes, I've been at MCO at 9, but you can't count on it. All it takes is a wreck on 528 and you're late to the airport. Also, MCO is an airport that wants you there at least 2 hours before your flight and sometimes needs every minute of that. Security can be backed up for an hour! In addition, if you are on a participating airline and doing on board check in, you can't use the luggage service for a flight before 11:25...meaning that you have to do luggage check in as well.

It's not worth the risk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter