Time Gap in between Happily Ever After and Once Upon A Time?

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
We have not been to the parks in a few years and I am confused about Happily Ever After and Once Upon a Time. Are they two totally different shows? I know that Happily Ever After are projections and fireworks and Once Upon A time is projections only but when we visit at the end of October HEA is at 9 and OUAT at 9:45. If HEA is less than 20 minutes--does everyone just sit around 25 additional minutes to see Once Upon a Time? That seems like such a long time to devote :(

Yes this is how it is... it was also like that with wishes. We usually just end up sitting on the ground while we wait for the next show to start. Sometimes it does feel like an eternity after a long day though!

Yes, HEA is projections plus fireworks and OUAT is just projections. We watched it one night...

Honestly, after HEA, which is amazing, OUAT was just painful to watch. There weren't that many people watching it, it seemed more like filler. JMO

Yep, that’s the way it works if OUAT is at 9:45PM after a 9PM HEA. A large majority of people do not wait around as many head for the exits after HEA. We tend to head off to ride something. If we’re done with that ride/close by for OUAT, we’ll go back and watch, but we don’t make it a point to stay around the hub just for the show. It’s cute and a nice show, but usually by that point I’m tired of hanging around the hub waiting, so just not worth it.

One note, OUAT is not always after HEA. For example, tonight it’s at 8:30PM for a 9PM HEA. But it sounds like you’ve checked the calender for your date and you’re going on a night when it’s after HEA.

Once Disney puts the times on the calendar--do they ever change closer to the date like the open/close times?

Yes, HEA is projections plus fireworks and OUAT is just projections. We watched it one night...

Honestly, after HEA, which is amazing, OUAT was just painful to watch. There weren't that many people watching it, it seemed more like filler. JMO

I used to LOVE OUAT. But HEA is so amazing that OUAT was a letdown afterwards. Still glad I saw it...but really sad they moved it to after the fireworks. It would be an amazing buildup (although I think it was a crowding issue).

We never got the opportunity to see OUAT after HEA because of hurricane Irma and shortened hours (well really the removal of EMH for Saturday 9/9) but when we did see OUAT it was before HEA (on 9/13) and I think that is suited much better. To me OUAT leads nicely into HEA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter