TIDE DETERGENT TABLETS AND TRAVELING

to my knowledge no one is making the tablets anymore. I loved the tablets and do miss them. If you check out www.dropps.com you can find out where to purchase dropps which are liquid detergent in the little single use pouches. And eco-friendly!

I have found the Amway tablets on ebay occasionally. They work well also.

I wish I could find the tablets or drop in discs(powder) I can't find them anymore! I just saw those Dropps in Walmart & Hannaford yesterday. If anyone knows where to find anything non-liquid please respond. We are only doing carry-ons this trip and would love to use the discs again! Thanks!

Darn, I didn't realize this was an old thread. I was at Wal Mart yesterday looking for them!! :sad2:

You can get the individual boxes of detergent at www.minimus.biz. Tide is no more expensive (.65) than the usual cheaper brands and there are 4-5 to choose from. They also have fabric softener.:laundy:

Thanks for the info.

I need to get them for our October trip.

I always do laundry 'cause I dislike a suitcase of dirty clothes
and I can pack less clothing to take.

:cool1:

Why not just go to your local laundromat. That is what I do and they are only $.50 even the tide. They are in individual 1 load boxes and then I put them in ziploc bags for the flight.

I found some all liquid detergent in the travel section at target, and it says it will do two load of laundry. I plan on taking that on my trip since I cannot find tablets. It was only 1.00.

Tide has a small 3 pack - like you are talking about, but it said you are only supposed to use them for sink washing. I used to get these discs compressed powder detergent (I think purex) but I can't find them anymore...they would be perfect for just carry-on luggage. Just what I am looking for but just don't know where to find them????

So glad I was browsing this morning.... found so many great tips and the info on "dropps" laundry tablets! Just what my daughter needs for college! I ordered them from WalMart and had them shipped free to pick up at the store. Thanks for the tip!:yay: :yay:

Our trip in Sept will be our first time flying to WDW and I am planning on doing laundry while we are there. Has any tried the Tide Detergent Tablets they now have for sale..do they clean as well as regular Tide does??? Has anyone travelled with these in their suitcase and do they travel ok? I figured this is much easier than traveling with Tide Powder and non spillable, any info on these detergent tablets would be helpful..thanks.

MOUSER

11 TRIPS TO WDW ....
8/86, 4/88, 8/90, 8/92, 4/94, 3/96, 3/97 8/98,
12/98, 12/99, 12/00, 9/01

Hi there,

We will be going for 2 weeks and so with the new travel restrictions it's laundry for us too!;) I buy "Dropps" they are like gel-pacs that you use for the dishwasher. I buy them at Target, or Walmart and they are about $7.99 for 20 (I think). In any case, I pack them in a tupperware they thing or any other hard case so they don't burst, along with some dryer sheets and a few rolls of quarters and I'm all set. They also clean very well :)

Good luck and have a nice trip!

Our trip in Sept will be our first time flying to WDW and I am planning on doing laundry while we are there. Has any tried the Tide Detergent Tablets they now have for sale..do they clean as well as regular Tide does??? Has anyone travelled with these in their suitcase and do they travel ok? I figured this is much easier than traveling with Tide Powder and non spillable, any info on these detergent tablets would be helpful..thanks.

MOUSER

11 TRIPS TO WDW ....
8/86, 4/88, 8/90, 8/92, 4/94, 3/96, 3/97 8/98,
12/98, 12/99, 12/00, 9/01

Hi there,

We will be going for 2 weeks and so with the new travel restrictions it's laundry for us too!;) I buy "Dropps" they are like gel-pacs that you use for the dishwasher. I buy them at Target, or Walmart and they are about $7.99 for 20 (I think). In any case, I pack them in a tupperware they thing or any other hard case so they don't burst, along with some dryer sheets and a few rolls of quarters and I'm all set. They also clean very well :)

Good luck and have a nice trip!

I wish they had the "Dropps" at our Target or WalMart here. I have't seen them though. I ordered them on line and they will ship them for free to my local WalMart to pick up ... $4.99 plus tax for 20.

I found some all liquid detergent in the travel section at target, and it says it will do two load of laundry. I plan on taking that on my trip since I cannot find tablets. It was only 1.00.[/QUOTE]

I just bought these too, they are in the travel size product aisle at Target. They are the All small and mighty liquid and are good for 2 loads...too bad about the tide dropins but these will work fine...

how well do they clean? did your clothes have any stains? and if so, did dropps remove them on their own or did you use a stain remover? my son is so messy and then ends up getting stuff on me and daddy!
THANKS!

I didn't think gel type items would pass the travel restrictions. I think they would still count as a liquid.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter