TIDE DETERGENT TABLETS AND TRAVELING

Mouser

THESE COLORS DO NOT RUN!!
Our trip in Sept will be our first time flying to WDW and I am planning on doing laundry while we are there. Has any tried the Tide Detergent Tablets they now have for sale..do they clean as well as regular Tide does??? Has anyone travelled with these in their suitcase and do they travel ok? I figured this is much easier than traveling with Tide Powder and non spillable, any info on these detergent tablets would be helpful..thanks.

MOUSER

11 TRIPS TO WDW ....
8/86, 4/88, 8/90, 8/92, 4/94, 3/96, 3/97 8/98,
12/98, 12/99, 12/00, 9/01

I've not tried them yet, but plan to pack them for my Spring trip too! We usually have to wash during our Spring trip, because we are there for 2 weeks. It's usually so hot we run out of clothes because we have to change more often. I'm glad they came up with these (even though I remember something like them many years ago). Buying those little boxes of detergent for $1 was a little much. Don't forget the dryer sheets too! At least your suitcase will smell good.

tink.gif

<font color=3300ff>PO/Riverside 5/01
Dixie Landing 11/00, 9/00, 8/00, 1/00, 10/99, 10/98, 6/94
All Star Sport 10/01,5/00, 12/99
All Star Music 7/01, 4/01, 4/00, 5/99, 5/97, 5/96, 4/95
All Star Movie 11/00, 4/99
Caribbean Beach 5/96, 11/90, 5/89
Coronado Spring 5/98
Wilderness Lodge 7/99, 11/95
WDW Hotel Village 10/87
Disneyland 5/86
</font>

I bought some Purex tablets and tried them before deciding to take them...they work great and dissolve quickly...I used 1 per wash and it was plently ( mind you, I have no kids, but one carpenter DH!) Alot cheaper than a buck a shot...Nance

Can't use any Tide products because of dh allergy to them. I use Amway's SA-8 which is available in single use packets. They work well.

Pooh Bear

I'm not find of the scents in laundry detergents, so the Tide tablets wouldn't work for me. I just use snack-sized ziplocks full of 1 load's worth of dry detergent. I pack them in a large gallon sized ziplock with a couple of dryer sheets for static.

-- Robin

I use the Tide or Wisk tablets all the time. They are much more convenient when my teenagers want to do a wash (no over soaping). They disssolve quickly and work just as well as the powder/liquid forms. The packets are also very easy to throw into a suitcase.

I was skeptical at first whether or not they would do as well as Tide Liquid (what we normally use) so we bought a small box to try them out. Well, my small box just ran out & I'm bummed. I loved them & they cleaned just as well as our liquid. I will always keep liquid on hand for stain removal though. They will be GREAT for vacation! Definitely a thumbs up for me.

We also use the dishwasher tabs & we love those too!

"Yeah, they're going to Disney AGAIN...they go like every other day" -- My Teenage Brother

January 00' - Beach Club
September 00' - All Star Movies
March 01' - All Star Movies

:D MoseysMom :D

I am definitely going to invest in these for the trip...it seems a lot easier to pack tablets than worry about spills of powder or liquid and it looks like a lot of brands are coming out with them also for those who do not like or cannot use Tide.... :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

MOUSER

11 TRIPS TO WDW ....
8/86, 4/88, 8/90, 8/92, 4/94, 3/96, 3/97 8/98,
12/98, 12/99, 12/00, 9/01

I used the Tide tablets in WDW last December. They packed well and it was very easy with no mess. I also used them 2 weeks ago when we were in London and Rome. We did laundry in Rome and it was very easy. Wouldn't travel without them!

For stain remover I pack Spray and Wash stick as opposed to the spray or gel. I hate Tide (allergies) but if there are Wisk tablets, as someone mentioned, consider them bought!

I always bring shout wipes because anything that has a sauce or drips is my enemy. They work great it gets the stain out until I can get to the laundry room. Also I found the $1 box of laundry soap for 50 cents in a store near me :)

Larry (swamp fox)

Swamp Fox, Swamp Fox feather in his hat, nobody knows where the Swamp Fox at

Hi---

I used the Tide Tablets this February at WDW. They were very easy to pack and work just as well as the Tide liquid. I will bring more for our June trip. Also bring the fabric softener sheets-suitcase will smell good and you won't pay $1/load for fabric softener.

Lisa

I just purchased some at Walgreen's (if you have them in your area). They were trial size 4 for a $1 and last week they were on sale for 19 cents!!

I stocked up on them for travelling and they did a good job.

Look around at your drug stores to see if they have a trial size before you buy a whole box and find out you do not like them. They do have a different scent than regular Tide IMO :)

Debbie

We also cant use any type of powdered detergent due to very sensitive skin in DD, so what I do is look for the trail size packets of liquid detergents and save them for our trips.

Also a tip on stains...as most people with SMALL children know the best stain remover out there is BABY WIPES!!!! ANd they due double duty!! You can buy Small plastic containers that are meant for travel and refill them every night form a big box, or buy the trial size packets found in the trial size area. These are the BEST!!! Clean up stickiy hands from the ice cream (we adults get sticky too you know) , clean up the spilled ice cream on your shirt, and if you are really finicky about cleanliness us then to wipe off the picnic tables before setting your food down!!

Thanks for the wonderful ideas everyone. I too always need to do a couple of loads of laundry when we go to Disney. The cost of the detergent from the machine in the laundry room would buy breakfast for my family of four!!! The stain stick was a wonderful idea as well. We are going again in December and will pack these items for sure.

Just to let you know that in the UK we've that had these tablets for a while. A no. of brands also come with premixed conditioner (extra econo and space saving). I hadn't thought about bringing these so thank you to the person who started this thread. :D

I never thought of bringing the tablets with me, great idea.

I always do laundry on vacation because we go for two weeks. And I never wanted to pack power or the liquid in case it broke in my suit case and that would be such the mess to clean up. So I justed paid my $1.00 for a box in the past.

But this year I will try the tablets and also bring some dryer sheets with me.

To anyone that is interested. I just finished the last of my tablets on a recent trip and was looking to replace them for a future trip to DIS. After contacting the Folks that make them I discovered that the Wisk Tablets are discontinued.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter