I am hoping to upgrade a 9-day park hopper to a Gold AP in January 2022... assuming APs return. It looks like a 9-day park hopper is $698 through UT (including tax) or $741 through Disney (including tax), and the current price of a DVC Gold AP is $765. If I understand correctly, based on today's prices, I would pay only $24 to upgrade if I buy them through UT. Or, if Disney does not bridge the price, I would pay $67. Is that really possible? Seems too good to be true. Now I am sure that the AP prices will go up and therefore the cost would be more, but still seems like it would be an incredible deal.
I have not checked your specific numbers, but your calculation process looks correct.
Subtract the on-line Disney price of the ticket that you have (on the date that you bought it) from the on-line Disney price of the ticket that you want (on the date that you upgrade) and pay that difference price for the upgrade.

Going in Aug, DD and I have APs but DH does not. He does have an extra 2 day base ticket valid from 2013-2030 from an old free dining WDW package. We have 12 park days scheduled so were hoping new APs would come back, but CM told me I'd be better off using that old ticket cause it's not worth much to be used towards a new ticket. He says they don't "bridge" the tickets anymore to current price. Is that correct? This will prob be our last trip until next year.

Last edited:
Is that correct?
Correct. Tickets now hold the value of WDW online price at the time the ticket was purchased. For a pre-Feb2017 ticket, that is the 2016 price. So your DH 2-day base ticket is likely valued at $215 for an upgrade. Robo outlines this process in the ticket-sticky.

We may not be able to make a trip to FL coming up in a week, due to an illness in the family. We have 4 one day tickets and reservations at Epcot. We also have 3 nights reserved at the Dolphin.

Anyone know what are our options for cancelling the park tickets?

Thanks.

Call and ask.

Officially, tickets are nonrefundable. But they do retain their value for future use, if you think you could reschedule for another time. You would have to pay the difference if you choose a more expensive date. And there are times Disney has made an exception to the no refund policy. No guarantees.

I was wondering how this worked. Say you're planning a trip many, many months out, and are able to buy tickets and make reservations at the same time. Between date of purchase/reservation and the trip itself, Disney increases ticket prices and/or shifts the cost of that particular day. Do you have to pay the difference, or are you locked/grandfathered in?

This happens to us a lot, we buy tickets and a price increase occurs before our trip. Our tickets remain valid at the price we paid.

It’s only if you change details about your trip that the price may possibly change.

Called the passholder line, waited on hold almost 2 hours BUT I was able to reinstate our AP's that had expired at the end of March or April (regular price, not renewal rate) AND I was able to get it approved and pay for it all on that same call vs having to wait a couple weeks for a call back.

I have not checked your specific numbers, but your calculation process looks correct.
Subtract the on-line Disney price of the ticket that you have (on the date that you bought it) from the on-line Disney price of the ticket that you want (on the date that you upgrade) and pay that difference price for the upgrade.

I am following this as well.
If I buy a MYW Ticket and I use ALL the days. Can I take the full value of the ticket and apply it to a Gold AP when they become available? Knowing that the AP will go back to the first day the MYW ticket was used?

I am following this as well.
1. If I buy a MYW Ticket and I use ALL the days. Can I take the full value of the ticket and apply it to a Gold AP when they become available?
2. Knowing that the AP will go back to the first day the MYW ticket was used?
1. You can upgrade a ticket as LATE as close of business ON the same day that the ticket's last asset ("last day") is used.
So normally, once a ticket is fully used up, it cannot be used for upgrades on any day following when that ticket's last asset was used.
2. Yes, the AP would become "back-dated" to that first day of ticket use.

1. You can upgrade a ticket as LATE as close of business ON the same day that the ticket's last asset ("last day") is used.
So normally, once a ticket is fully used up, it cannot be used for upgrades on any day following when that ticket's last asset was used.
2. Yes, the AP would become "back-dated" to that first day of ticket use.

So if I use all of the days then I can't upgrade say 2 months later?
Can I leave a day on it? But don't tickets now expire 14 days after first use?

So if I use all of the days then I can't upgrade say 2 months later?
Can I leave a day on it? But don't tickets now expire 14 days after first use?
Tickets expire now based on the length of ticket and designated start date. A 2-day ticket is valid for 4 days ranging up to a 10-day ticket is valid for 14 days from the start date. Even before covid I don't think tickets could be upgraded after the last entitlement was used, even if it was within 14-days of first use. 2 months later is unlikely, though since you are unable to upgrade to AP at this time maybe they will allow it if you ask.

1. So if I use all of the days then I can't upgrade say 2 months later?
2. Can I leave a day on it?
3. But don't tickets now expire 14 days after first use?
Based on normal rules for regular Theme Park Tickets:
1. Nope.
2. Nope. That day would then expire, unused.
3. Or less. Depending on the number of days on the ticket.

If anyone is able to confirm or deny that the following would work for me, I’d be so grateful as I’ve been puzzling over it and researching for quite some time but am not 100% sure I have it right.

If I have a Disney room booked as a package and all park passes made, and I change this to a Disney room only but already have a valid AP, will those park passes work at the gate with my AP when I try to get into the park? Or do they need to be separate theme park tickets, not an AP, to work with the park passes that are in my account? Again, I will still have a resort stay and I know they are not coming out of the AP bucket since I have more than three—but is there a separate AP bucket within the resort bucket, if that makes sense?

Bottom line—I’ve read that park passes are good with any valid ticket media and if I have a resort booked my AP will be from the resort bucket anyway, but I’ve also been told that no, my AP will not work when the day comes. This is for the 50th so I’m extra anxious.

Thank you to anyone who might know! I am prepurchasing a virtual Gaston’s cinnamon roll in your honor.

If I have a Disney room booked as a package and all park passes made, and I change this to a Disney room only but already have a valid AP,
1. will those park passes work at the gate with my AP when I try to get into the park?
2. Or do they need to be separate theme park tickets, not an AP, to work with the park passes that are in my account?
3. Again, I will still have a resort stay and I know they are not coming out of the AP bucket since I have more than three—but is there a separate AP bucket within the resort bucket, if that makes sense?
4. I’ve also been told that no, my AP will not work when the day comes.
1. Yes.
2. Nope.
3. Don't worry about park pass/reservation "buckets" once you have confirmed reservations.
4. I'll guess that you don't mean that you expect that the AP "won't work" as admission,
but, rather, you are asking if the park passes/reservations might not work.
(See #3 above.)

Robo—thank you so very much!! I have wound myself up over all of this for too long. I thought it would work the way you just said but I know others who spoke to CMs who said it wouldn’t.

And yes, by the last question I meant I was worried that I’d show up with my park pass and valid AP and be told at the gates NOPE, this needs to be a theme park ticket.

Thank you again!

Last edited:
Hello!
Planning my first ever Disney trip and have a question.

Scenario:
Flying in Thursday December 1st, 2022 and would like to stay at AOA and NOT go to a park that day. But I do want to book as a package and have dining plan. So I’ll book with a ticket, but do I have to use it that specific day?

The next day we plan on checking into CSR for a week, and I figured I would just select one less day of park tickets and use the ticket from Thursday sometime over the week. Is that doable?

I know when you book tickets on their own youcan pick the start date and they are good for a period of time on any day. Wasn’t certain if package tickets operate the same way?

Advice would be much appreciated! Thanks

There currently is no dining plan available. If it returns before next fall you should be able to add to your reservation (depending on any minimum requirements).

Since you have what DISboards calls a "split stay" you will have 2 reservations -- one for each resort. WDW considers those separate. You cannot book a package that includes multiple resorts.

If you don't want to go to a park on your arrival day at AoA, I would book a room-only reservation or a "basic package" which is a room with the package terms. No ticket. Include the ticket in your CSR reservation; those tickets will be valid for the full length of your CSR stay (including check-in day and check-out day) regardless of the # of days purchased for the ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter