Hello!
Planning my first ever Disney trip and have a question.

Scenario:
Flying in Thursday December 1st, 2022 and would like to stay at AOA and NOT go to a park that day. But I do want to book as a package and have dining plan. So I’ll book with a ticket, but do I have to use it that specific day?

The next day we plan on checking into CSR for a week, and I figured I would just select one less day of park tickets and use the ticket from Thursday sometime over the week. Is that doable?

I know when you book tickets on their own youcan pick the start date and they are good for a period of time on any day. Wasn’t certain if package tickets operate the same way?

Advice would be much appreciated! Thanks
A 1-day ticket needs to be used on the day that it was purchased for. It doesn't have a date range for use since it is being purchased for one specific day.

Unless you absolutely feel that you need a dining plan for that first night, why not just book AoA as a room-only reservation and then do the CSR reservation as a package that includes your tickets and dining plan (if offered).

If you're not planning on using a ticket on your arrival day, I would book a ticketless package (you have to call and do it or have a TA do it for you) for the AoA portion of your trip and then book the room/ticket/dining package with your CSR stay. To be honest though, I don't know that a 1-day dining plan is worth the hassle of booking it.

A 1-day ticket needs to be used on the day that it was purchased for. It doesn't have a date range for use since it is being purchased for one specific day.

Unless you absolutely feel that you need a dining plan for that first night, why not just book AoA as a room-only reservation and then do the CSR reservation as a package that includes your tickets and dining plan (if offered).

That’s what I’m struggling with. Our plan was to go to Paddlefish which is pricey and we would for sure come out ahead on the dining plan cost for the one night. But it seems like a lot of extra work to try and book the room/dining without the ticket. That’s what I was trying to avoid 😂

I used to have an AP every year but it's gotten so expensive I've been out of the game for awhile. I have a question...when they do come back, can non-FL residents get a 12 month payment plan or is that only for FL residents? I guess what I'm asking is in the past have non-FL residents been able to do the payment plan. I suppose none of us truly know what will happen when they get back. I could swing it if I didn't have to shell out 1300 at once.

I used to have an AP every year but it's gotten so expensive I've been out of the game for awhile. I have a question...when they do come back,
1. can non-FL residents get a 12 month payment plan
2. or is that only for FL residents? I guess what I'm asking is
3. in the past have non-FL residents been able to do the payment plan.
4. I suppose none of us truly know what will happen when they get back. I could swing it if I didn't have to shell out 1300 at once.
1. Nope.
2. Yes.
3. No.
4. The REASON is that guests who live outside the state (if they stop paying) cannot have their debts "collected" in the same way that guests can be who reside in-state.
It's the common "across state lines" jurisdiction situation.

Last edited:
Thanks Rob. Weird because non-FL residents can get a payment plan for most Universal AP's. I guess it's because theirs costs soooo much less. thanks again.

Assuming the ticket is fully-unused, you'll get a credit for the value of the 4-park magic ticket to be used towards a new date-based ticket.

Yes, it would be best to use the credit for a new ticket equal or greater than the credit. Otherwise the extra is lost, no refund. If you only expect 1-2 park days fir your next visit, it may make sense to hold onto the credit for another time and pay for a new lower-cost ticket.

We have a BC/Poly split stay coming up in three weeks. The BC portion is booked as a package and the Poly portion is room only. We currently have 9-day PH+ tickets. If we decide when we are there that we want to add a 10th day to our tickets, can we do that? We will be there for 14 days and we like non-park days, but with long ride wait times, we may want to add another day.

If we decide when we are there that we want to add a 10th day to our tickets, can we do that?
Yes.
You can do so as late as close-of-business on the same day that you use the original ticket's last asset.
However, if you also need to reserve entry to a particular popular park, you'd likely want to add the "day" as early as you know that you will want it.

Yes.
You can do so as late as close-of-business on the same day that you use the original ticket's last asset.
However, if you also need to reserve entry to a particular popular park, you'd likely want to add the "day" as early as you know that you will want it.

Thank you! I forgot about making a park reservation for the 10th day if we go that route. Thanks for the reminder.

I need some ticketing help....

I am trying to purchase 3 day tickets for 7 (10+) and 1 (3-9 year old).... however there are 2 (10+) and the one child are Florida Residents....
I have a few questions:

If the Florida residents purchase on thier own.... and I purchase the remainder on my own.... have them all emailed delivery... .then each "family" can attach the ticket to thier own MDE App?

We are all Friends & Family on the App...once all the tickets are added to each person on the MDE App... Can one person make "Park Reservations" & Dining Reservations for the entire group?

Thank you in advance for your help.
dbelmo

For example if I purchase a 4 day base ticket I can make two trips to Magic Kingdom on separate days??Essentially then not going to one of the parks during my stay. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter