Sorry, but I have no specific information regarding the 30-days-after-expiration renewal and the "13-month AP deal."
If I were to GUESS, I'd say that the normal renewal rules would not be altered just for this "13-month AP deal."
(Disney would neither make or lose any money if a guest were to renew on, before, or after the anniversary date.)
But, since there is no overt financial downside to renewing before the AP anniversary date...
you could simply do so, and not worry about it.

Thanks, Robo!
The reason I was going to wait was to purchase discounted tickets and upgrade/renew on-site. With the unknown, though, I might just go ahead and upgrade before expiration.

Stopping by to provide an update: I renewed a Platinum AP online today, ~two weeks after my expiration date, and my renewal is valid for 13 months from the original expiration date. As you suspected, the normal rules were not altered for the 13-month special offer.

Stopping by to provide an update: I renewed a Platinum AP online today, ~two weeks after my expiration date, and my renewal is valid for 13 months from the original expiration date. As you suspected, the normal rules were not altered for the 13-month special offer.

Thanks for the valuable feedback!

I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around price bridging. I thought I understood, but the more I read, the less certain I feel.
I have five 5-day MYW tickets bought from UT before the price increase. If I want to upgrade to 6 days, is it the difference between the two old prices? So (old 6day) $378.08-(old 5day) $362.10=$15.98 per ticket? (Total $79.90 plus tax)? But where does the current ticket price come into play? I know I'm missing something.
Thanks for any help.

1. I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around price bridging. I thought I understood, but the more I read, the less certain I feel.

2. I have five 5-day MYW tickets bought from UT before the price increase.
3. If I want to upgrade to 6 days, is it the difference between the two old prices?
4. So (old 6day) $378.08-(old 5day) $362.10=$15.98 per ticket? (Total $79.90 plus tax)?
5. But where does the current ticket price come into play? I know I'm missing something.

1. That's because it CHANGED DRASTICALLY on Feb. 12, 2017, and with that change, many things became imprecise, inconsistent and unreliable.
2. Got it.
3. No. Definitely not that.
4. No.
5. Subtract the "OLD PRICE" (pre-Feb. 12) of the tickets that you HAVE, from the "NEW PRICE" of the ticket that you WANT.
Pay the difference for the upgrade...

EXCEPT, MAYBE NOT.
No, I'm not kidding.

You might (MIGHT) find a CM who will add a day for about $20, flat rate.

OR, you might (MIGHT) find a CM who will subtract the CURRENT price
of a ticket of the same kind that you HAVE from the CURRENT price
of a ticket of the same kind that you WANT.
And, you would pay the difference for the upgrade.

Confusing enough?
It is for me, and I'm here every day discussing it.

Last edited:
1. That's because it CHANGED DRASTICALLY on Feb. 12, 2017

Confusing enough?
It is for me, and I'm here every day discussing it.

Ok, thanks. I knew that my thinking wasn't right because it was a good price. ;) I'll hope for some pixie dust and if not, we'll decide from there.

Hi. I have a question about old NE tickets and old MBs. I think I know the answer but want to make sure.

I have some old non-expiring (NE) tickets, bought back when they still had the NE option, that still have some remaining days on them (both theme park and WPF&M). Except for one, they are on the old "paper"/Tyvek tickets. They are "linked" to our profiles in the Disney website and app.

I also have a set of Magic Bands from our last trip two years ago.

In a couple of weeks we are going to Orlando for just one day, pre-cruise. We are staying off-site, so not getting new Magic Bands. We are planning on going to Typhoon Lagoon one day and to Disney Quest in the afternoon, before it closes, and since we have so many leftover WPF&M options.

Question: can I bring along the old MBs to use at the entrance gates for Typhoon Lagoon and Disneyquest? Will they automatically work with my stored NE tickets?

If not, will I have to trade out the old Tyvek tickets for new plastic RFID tickets? Can I do that at the ticket booth/guest services at Typhoon Lagoon? (We are going there before we go to Disney Quest.)

Thanks!

Hi. I have a question about old NE tickets and old MBs. I think I know the answer but want to make sure.

I have some old non-expiring (NE) tickets, bought back when they still had the NE option, that still have some remaining days on them (both theme park and WPF&M). Except for one, they are on the old "paper"/Tyvek tickets. They are "linked" to our profiles in the Disney website and app.

I also have a set of Magic Bands from our last trip two years ago.

In a couple of weeks we are going to Orlando for just one day, pre-cruise. We are staying off-site, so not getting new Magic Bands. We are planning on going to Typhoon Lagoon one day and to Disney Quest in the afternoon, before it closes, and since we have so many leftover WPF&M options.

Question: can I bring along the old MBs to use at the entrance gates for Typhoon Lagoon and Disneyquest? Will they automatically work with my stored NE tickets?

If not, will I have to trade out the old Tyvek tickets for new plastic RFID tickets? Can I do that at the ticket booth/guest services at Typhoon Lagoon? (We are going there before we go to Disney Quest.)

Thanks!

Nothing is "on" a Magic Band - they're just a means to access what's in your MDE account, and since your NE tickets are in your MDE account, your Magic Bands will be able to access them.

Please nobody yell at me. I'm sure the info on here somewhere but I'm running short on time and unfortunately don't want to wade through everything. I think I have an easy quick question. WE bought a pkg with 5 night room and 5 day tickets. Now we are thinking of possibly making it just a 4 day ticket so we can do Universal on our last day instead of Disney. (we'd still stay at Disney resort 5 nights and take cab to Universal just for day trip so it's not room I want to change, just maybe the amount of days on tickets). At one point do I need to adjust the reservation? Certainly we can't just "see how it goes" and maybe after day 2 of running around Disney make our decision on Universal or not? Or can we and still get a refund on that one day? It's doubtful we'll be back anytime soon to use the "unused" day on our package so we'd like to refund the unused day but I'm not sure if that's possible and when the cutoff is to decide that. Thank you. This board is sooo helpful!

Please nobody yell at me. I'm sure the info on here somewhere but I'm running short on time and unfortunately don't want to wade through everything. I think I have an easy quick question. WE bought a pkg with 5 night room and 5 day tickets. Now we are thinking of possibly making it just a 4 day ticket so we can do Universal on our last day instead of Disney. (we'd still stay at Disney resort 5 nights and take cab to Universal just for day trip so it's not room I want to change, just maybe the amount of days on tickets). At one point do I need to adjust the reservation? Certainly we can't just "see how it goes" and maybe after day 2 of running around Disney make our decision on Universal or not? Or can we and still get a refund on that one day? It's doubtful we'll be back anytime soon to use the "unused" day on our package so we'd like to refund the unused day but I'm not sure if that's possible and when the cutoff is to decide that. Thank you. This board is sooo helpful!

If you want to downgrade a package ticket, you want to do so as early before your trip as you can.
If you wait until near the last month before your trip, you will be charged a "change fee" that can wipe out much of the savings of dropping a ticket day.

BTW, if you did have any "unused days" left on your tickets at the end of your trip, those would automatically expire 14 days from the tickets' first use, anyway.

Last edited:
I just bought 2 one day tickets (online) for a upcoming trip. I have a magic band so I linked it to my MDE. However I am going with someone who doesn't have one. The email confirmation says all we need to enter the park is the barcode and Credit card (That is all fine). But how will he use Fastpass+, I have my MB so I am fine, but he only has an email. Will he get a RFID card at the park, or do we just use the barcode in the email to access the Fastpass lines?

I just bought 2 one day tickets (online) for a upcoming trip. I have a magic band so I linked it to my MDE. However I am going with someone who doesn't have one. The email confirmation says all we need to enter the park is the barcode and Credit card (That is all fine). But how will he use Fastpass+, I have my MB so I am fine, but he only has an email.
1. Will he get a RFID card at the park, or
2. do we just use the barcode in the email to access the Fastpass lines?

1. Yes.
(Go to any ticket booth or Guest Relations with the confirmation number and photo ID and pick up the actual RFID ticket. It will work very similar to a MagicBand at the park gates and FP+ points.)

2. Nope.

And, :welcome: to posting on the DISboards!

1. Yes.
(Go to any ticket booth or Guest Relations with the confirmation number and photo ID and pick up the actual RFID ticket. It will work very similar to a MagicBand at the park gates and FP+ points.)

2. Nope.

And, :welcome: to posting on the DISboards!
Thanks!

I apologize if this has been address but I honestly searched everywhere and figured I'd ask the people that would know the most.

I have a package booked with Disney with 10 day Park Hopper tickets. I plan to upgrade to an AP when I get to Florida.

The AP Im getting with tax from Disney is $829.64 according to their website.
A 10 day Park Hopper with tax from Disney is $548.48 according to their website.

If I subtract the value of the 10 day PH from the AP price, I get $281.16, which I'm assuming is the additional amount I would pay at upgrade to get AP? This may seem simple but it feels almost too simple and I don't want to walk up to Guest Services and not have enough budgeted to upgrade.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

I have a package booked with Disney with 10 day Park Hopper tickets. I plan to upgrade to an AP when I get to Florida.
The AP Im getting with tax from Disney is $829.64 according to their website.
A 10 day Park Hopper with tax from Disney is $548.48 according to their website.
If I subtract the value of the 10 day PH from the AP price, I get $281.16, which I'm assuming is the additional amount I would pay at upgrade to get AP?

Tentatively, yes.

What was the DATE that you first made the resort package reservation?

Tentatively, yes.

What was the DATE that you first made the resort package reservation?

After the price increase, March 3 or 5. Travel agent took I over and made changes as of April 25th to add free dining which didn't effect my ticket pricing because I heard of people losing the pre-increase priced tix if adding free dining.

We are going for Christmas trip #5 with free dining, and as we have for the past 4 years, we plan to use the tickets we buy as part of the package to renew our Platinum APs.

I'm working though the math so I know what we will expect to pay, but also have a question about our renewal experience last year that I want to understand.

We booked free dining on 4/24, so after the price increase. We have 10 day hoppers, 3 for ages 10+ and 1 for age 3-9. So those tickets cost $548.48 and $527.18 respectively. The Platinum AP renewals are $705.03, so we should expect to pay $647.50 to renew our current APs after applying these tickets (3 x ($705.03-$548.48) + ($705.03-$527.18)), right?

This is how it worked for us in 2013-2015 when we renewed at GR in MK. Last year, we renewed at GR in DHS and it wasn't as smooth.

Because the tickets were bought as part of a discounted package (free dining) their value was coming out as less than the normal price of the tickets (I don't remember how much) so the CM was only applying that discounted amount towards the renewals. I asked about bridging the tickets to the actual price because that's how it had been done for the three years prior and he told me they don't do that anymore. When I said I would walk out, the manager approved the bridging and we renewed, but they warned me not to expect the bridging going forward. True?

I'm working though the math so I know what we will expect to pay, but also have a question about our renewal experience last year that I want to understand.
1. We booked free dining on 4/24, so after the price increase.
2. We have 10 day hoppers, 3 for ages 10+ and 1 for age 3-9. So those tickets cost $548.48 and $527.18 respectively.
3. The Platinum AP renewals are $705.03,
4. so we should expect to pay $647.50 to renew our current APs after applying these tickets (3 x ($705.03-$548.48) + ($705.03-$527.18)), right?
5. This is how it worked for us in 2013-2015 when we renewed at GR in MK. Last year, we renewed at GR in DHS and it wasn't as smooth.

6. Because the tickets were bought as part of a discounted package (free dining) their value was coming out as less than the normal price of the tickets (I don't remember how much)
7. so the CM was only applying that discounted amount towards the renewals.
8. I asked about bridging the tickets to the actual price because that's how it had been done for the three years prior and
9. he told me they don't do that anymore. When I said I would walk out, the manager approved the bridging and we renewed, but
10. they warned me not to expect the bridging going forward.
11. True?

1. Good.
2. Got it.
3. If that's the correct renewal price, that's fine.
4. Yes.
5. WHERE you go can be "better" or "worse" on different days and/or at different times.
No one place is a sure-thing. Ever.
6. That simply does NOT matter in the least for what you pay for upgrading package tickets.
No difference at all.
7. The CM was WRONG. Period.
8. Correct.
9. Shameful treatment of a guest. Flat-out wrong.
10. You had a poor CM. Terrible training. There's no excuse for a manager/lead to
give you that treatment or "warning."
11. 100% NOT true.
WDW Resort package tickets ARE subject to "price bridging."

Last edited:
1. Good.
2. Got it.
3. If that's the correct renewal price, that's fine.
4. Yes.
5. WHERE you go can be "better" or "worse" on different days and/or at different times.
No one place is a sure-thing. Ever.
6. That simply does NOT matter in the least for what you pay for upgrading package tickets.
No difference at all.
7. The CM was WRONG. Period.
8. Correct.
9. Shameful treatment of a guest. Flat-out wrong.
10. You had a poor CM. Terrible training. There's no excuse for a manager/lead to
give you that treatment or "warning."
11. 100% NOT true.
WDW Resort package tickets ARE subject to "price bridging."

Thank you Robo!!!! You are the best!

I was like 90+% sure I was right but you never know when things change and I also didn't want to sound like a pompous guest who thinks she knows how to do a CM's job better than them. Thanks again!!!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter