Hi again! This was my first time purchasing tickets seperately. Bought the 4-park magic tickets. They just came today, will I still get magicbands? We are staying on property. Bought both the tickets & resort through Disney online. I was told earlier in this thread that I will be able to book fastpasses at 60 days. (thanks) Now the tickets arriving have me questioning what my next steps should be. Can you help me fellow Disboards friends? :flower3:

Will I get magic bands mailed to me like we have when we purchase MYW packages?

Do I need to do anything with these hard ticket cards that arrived?

Do I need to do anything to ensure I can book my fastpasse at 60 days?

Thanks in advance!!!

I want to upgrade my 6 day ticket (purchased directly from Disney) to an AP. Can I do this at the TTC?

Hi again! This was my first time purchasing tickets seperately. Bought the 4-park magic tickets. They just came today, will I still get magicbands? We are staying on property. Bought both the tickets & resort through Disney online. I was told earlier in this thread that I will be able to book fastpasses at 60 days. (thanks) Now the tickets arriving have me questioning what my next steps should be. Can you help me fellow Disboards friends? :flower3:

Will I get magic bands mailed to me like we have when we purchase MYW packages?

Do I need to do anything with these hard ticket cards that arrived?

Do I need to do anything to ensure I can book my fastpasse at 60 days?

Thanks in advance!!!
MB are connection to resort stays, not tickets. So yes, if you have a resort stay, you get a MB
The tickets should already show on MDE. If they do, that's all that is needed to book FP
If they aren't, load the ticket numbers in

I want to upgrade my 6 day ticket (purchased directly from Disney) to an AP. Can I do this at the TTC?
Yes, TTC ticket window can do the upgrade

MB are connection to resort stays, not tickets. So yes, if you have a resort stay, you get a MB
The tickets should already show on MDE. If they do, that's all that is needed to book FP

Yes, TTC ticket window can do the upgrade

Awesome - thank you!

Thank you. I'll check my MDE account.

Update to my 6 month annual pass.....I, took the passes to guest services in mk. The cm at the desk says let's check the xyz file. Ok it says Nov. 19. Now let's check the abc file and she shows me a tablet. It says we have 188 days left on our AP. So that is correct, kiddo. Yes,she said kiddo. I of course said, how can that be, we just upgraded two days ago. She gets her supervisor and tells me to tell the whole story again. Bought 7 day parkhopper tickets from undercover in Nov, gave as Christmas gifts. Upgraded two days, but only have until Nov. He says sometimes people get confused with the purchase date. He tell the cm to go into this, that ,and the other,to fix it. She acts like hmmm you learn something everyday. I should have said, you were wrong kiddo! But it got fixed.

As far as cost, we had two adult and one child, to upgrade to gold dvc passes, it was $405.

Last edited:
Oh, please help! We are at WDW now and I thought we could add days at roughly $10 per day per person. Well, we just went down to the main desk here at the Poly and the woman at concierge said that what I thought would cost us $70 should cost us roughly $320?! Ack! Now I am feeling a bit panicked with our plans for the next few days and fastpasses and such. As in, we were going to go to DHS in the morning, but now I don't know what to do beside be up at 12:30 am trying to figu this out.

The tickets are pre-February, ParkSavers.com, 7-day Park Hoppers I want to make 8 and 9-day Park Hoppers (mix of kids and adults....date-night tonight used up one day for adults...thought it was only going to cost us $20?!).

When I do the math of pre-Feb gate price of 7-day park hopper tickets to current gate price of 8 and 9-day, the CM math is correct. I understand I am trying to bridge the discounter price AND the general price increase. Do I need to find a different cast member? Are there magic words I should use? Should it work or does it pret much never work?

Maybe the CM didn't realize the tickets were not bought from Disney. It looks like Disney-purchased tickets can't be bridged?

Doesn't Disney want us to spend two more days in the parks? I would think they would encourage us to happily spend $70 rather than not spend any extra at all on tickets.

Help!

They no longer bridge up to the current price. If you bought the tickets before the last upgrade, they will bridge up to the price before the increase.

Under the old rules,we would have paid about $240, new rules $405.

Oh, please help! We are at WDW now and I thought we could add days at roughly $10 per day per person. Well, we just went down to the main desk here at the Poly and the woman at concierge said that what I thought would cost us $70 should cost us roughly $320?! Ack! Now I am feeling a bit panicked with our plans for the next few days and fastpasses and such. As in, we were going to go to DHS in the morning, but now I don't know what to do beside be up at 12:30 am trying to figu this out.

The tickets are pre-February, ParkSavers.com, 7-day Park Hoppers I want to make 8 and 9-day Park Hoppers (mix of kids and adults....date-night tonight used up one day for adults...thought it was only going to cost us $20?!).

When I do the math of pre-Feb gate price of 7-day park hopper tickets to current gate price of 8 and 9-day, the CM math is correct. I understand I am trying to bridge the discounter price AND the general price increase. Do I need to find a different cast member? Are there magic words I should use? Should it work or does it pret much never work?

Maybe the CM didn't realize the tickets were not bought from Disney. It looks like Disney-purchased tickets can't be bridged?

Doesn't Disney want us to spend two more days in the parks? I would think they would encourage us to happily spend $70 rather than not spend any extra at all on tickets.

Help!

Go to a ticket window or Guest Relations (not at a resort) and "ask nicely" if you can pay $20 per day to upgrade your tickets.
Best I can tell you to try.

Go to a ticket window or Guest Relations (not at a resort) and "ask nicely" if you can pay $20 per day to upgrade your tickets.
Best I can tell you to try.

Thank you, Robo. Should I even mention "price bridging" or should I just nicely say I was wondering if we could please add days to our non-Disney-bought Park shoppers at $20 per day?

Thank you, Robo. Should I even mention "price bridging" or should I just nicely say I was wondering if we could please add days to our non-Disney-bought Park shoppers at $20 per day?

I was wondering if we could please add days to our tickets at $20 per day.

Help!
I'm confused. You say you confirmed that the CM math is correct. But, you say also you thought it was about $20. How can both be correct?
If their math is correct what are you trying to get them to do differently?
Is there a piece to the puzzle I'm missing?

I believe they want the price increase as if the tickets were purchased after the February price increase.
Ah, ok. I guess it can't hurt to ask but I would expect it to be the higher amount, unfortunately. I had to fight hard for even that. Sort of dreading that I have to do it yet 1 more time in a few weeks.

I'm confused. You say you confirmed that the CM math is correct. But, you say also you thought it was about $20. How can both be correct?
If their math is correct what are you trying to get them to do differently?
Is there a piece to the puzzle I'm missing?

Sorry, the CM math was correct for their logic of going all the way from an old ticket to new ticket with more days. I was hoping for just going from current price to current price. Good news below, though!

Sorry, the CM math was correct for their logic of going all the way from an old ticket to new ticket with more days. I was hoping for just going from current price to current price. Good news below, though!
Yeah, that is how they used to do it but that is no longer policy now that they have a way to know the maximum value for the ticket you have. The CM was doing it right. Which is good. The CM I got wasn't. They used the wholesale price!

I hope you find a CM that has some pixie dust to spare and they'll do it for current price

It worked! I went over to MK Roll Call booth and asked if I could please add days to our pre-price-increase park hoppers for $20 per day. It took the CM quite awhile and she talked to someone behind her every once in awhile. I couldn't hear ANYthing as the talking/hearing hole is like a foot above my head. When it looked liked she was maybe going to start charging me I nicely asked her if it was for $20 per day and she said she was trying. After more typing and talking to someone, she said the total was $74.55!! This is for a total of 7 extra days for 5 different people so she must have manually updated our tickets to the current price before adding days?! The Poly Concierge CM was going to charge me $320!

Thank you, thank you Robo!

It worked! I went over to MK Roll Call booth and asked if I could please add days to our pre-price-increase park hoppers for $20 per day. It took the CM quite awhile and she talked to someone behind her every once in awhile. I couldn't hear ANYthing as the talking/hearing hole is like a foot above my head. When it looked liked she was maybe going to start charging me I nicely asked her if it was for $20 per day and she said she was trying. After more typing and talking to someone, she said the total was $74.55!! This is for a total of 7 extra days for 5 different people so she must have manually updated our tickets to the current price before adding days?! The Poly Concierge CM was going to charge me $320!

Thank you, thank you Robo!

Congratulations!
And, than you for reporting back.

Me and my partner are visiting in October from the UK. We have already booked our hotel (5 nights) and tickets for 21 days through the Disney website.

It seems to work out cheaper to become a passholder as we'll be offsite for 15 days and the parking will come to $300 just for this.

We bought our tickets for £350 each (about $440) - The pass we're after is $779.

If we were to become passholders, will they refund our original park tickets?

Also, if only 1 of us were to become an AP, could we still get free parking or would they be required to scan both our bands?

Finally, we booked our package with free dining. If we were to upgrade, are we no longer valid for the free dining

Me and my partner are visiting in October from the UK. We have already booked our hotel (5 nights) and tickets for 21 days through the Disney website.
It seems to work out cheaper to become a passholder as we'll be offsite for 15 days and the parking will come to $300 just for this.
We bought our tickets for £350 each (about $440) - The pass we're after is $779.
1. If we were to become passholders, will they refund our original park tickets?
2. Also, if only 1 of us were to become an AP, could we still get free parking
3. or would they be required to scan both our bands?
4. Finally, we booked our package with free dining. If we were to upgrade, are we no longer valid for the free dining

1. They will subtract what you paid for the original tickets from the price of the new AP.
(The exchange rate might figure into this.)
2. Yes.
3. Nope. Unless you will be driving in two different cars. ;)
4. Your Free Dining will not be affected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter