Was wondering if anyone has any insight....if I were to buy a 10 day PH, and my dates change, or we cancel, can I make changes to that 10 day ticket??
Yes, you can change the dates if you need to. You should be able to do so within MDE, otherwise it may take a call. You would need to pay any difference in price for the new dates if they are more expensive. Also note that the ticket start date is your first day in a park which may not necessarily be the same as your arrival or check-in date at the hotel/resort.

I currently have 3 day base tickets. If I choose to add on water parks can I go to the water park on day 4 or does the add on expire once I use the three park days? Planning to go to the parks on a Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I wasn't sure if I would have to do a regular park and water park in one day?

I currently have 3 day base tickets. If I choose to add on water parks can I go to the water park on day 4 or does the add on expire once I use the three park days? Planning to go to the parks on a Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I wasn't sure if I would have to do a regular park and water park in one day?
A 3-day ticket is valid to be used within a 5-day window for any of it's entitlements. There's no rule about theme parks first or last, waterparks on same day, etc. You'll have 3 days entry to a major theme park, and 3 separate "plus" options -- waterparks, mini-golf, etc. With a ticket that starts on Thursday, you'll have through Monday to use all entitlements.

I have a question on the cost to upgrade a 7 day ticket to a 9 day ticket. If i decide between now and my trip that I want to add 2 days to the ticket. If there is a price increase after my original purchase how are those additional 2 days calculated. Is it the difference between the new cost of a 9 day ticket and what I paid for the original 7 day ticket or is it a daily cost add on.

I have a question on the cost to upgrade a 7 day ticket to a 9 day ticket. If i decide between now and my trip that I want to add 2 days to the ticket. If there is a price increase after my original purchase how are those additional 2 days calculated. Is it the difference between the new cost of a 9 day ticket and what I paid for the original 7 day ticket or is it a daily cost add on.
Cost to add more days to a multi-day ticket is dependent on your dates. Some dates will cost more than others, but generally I think an extra day at that point is around $25.

If there is a price increase (and one is expected Dec. 8th), you would be charged that difference to bring your current 7-day ticket up to a new 9-day ticket. So if you can make that decision before Dec. 8th it could save you a bit.

I have a question regarding multiple Disney tix on one acct - in the past, when I had this situation, I was able to prioritize the one ticket I wanted to use, thereby 'protecting' my other ticket in app from use at that time....how do I go about doing this now? The newer app def. shows more clearly the tix I have in there,and the details. I currently have a few days left on an old NE hopper,and I don't want those touched,b/c I also have a new base ticket I need to use on a trip. TIA

I have a question regarding multiple Disney tix on one acct - in the past, when I had this situation, I was able to prioritize the one ticket I wanted to use, thereby 'protecting' my other ticket in app from use at that time....how do I go about doing this now? The newer app def. shows more clearly the tix I have in there,and the details. I currently have a few days left on an old NE hopper,and I don't want those touched,b/c I also have a new base ticket I need to use on a trip. TIA
I went on 11/6 to ask about prioritizing, and they asked me what ticket I used to make my park reservation. It seems that now, park reservations are tied to a specific ticket, and it will use the ticket the reservation is tied to. This sucks if you're planning to substitute a ticket you buy later for your current NE ticket, but works well for not having to go prioritize tickets (in my case, the reservations were made months ago and at that time, they didn't tie res to specific tickets. The GS CM was able to move my reservation to the desired ticket, even though there were no MK res available for that day if I didn't already have one for the 'wrong' ticket).

So...any experts out there have IRL experience with the app correctly assigning and using tickets? It's interesting- I hate the app,and disney tech in general, but when I looked at it for the first time in like 2 years, I could clearly see which tickets were in my acct,and how many days on each. That's a real first, I used to have to guess! I made some park res, and it had me choose the ticket as I was making them...so wondering if it all has gone well for y'all..... (those old hopper NE tix are gold,don't want them wasted)

I have numerous tickets in MDE and have a weird question..

If I book a park reservation using one ticket, then decide to switch it out for a different ticket, will the park reservation be ok?

Thanks!

I'm so sorry, I see that this question is explained in the first post, but that's my first cancellation of Disney tickets, plus poor English language. So, I cancelled all the park reservations and the site tells me, that my 5 day ticket is valid till December 9 2022, but I can prolong for a year. What do I do? Nothing, right? Don't prolong, let the 5 day tickets exprire, then in 2 or 4 years call Disney and use exprired and unused 5 day tickets as a credit towards buying new tickets, right?

let the 5 day tickets exprire, then in 2 or 4 years call Disney and use exprired and unused 5 day tickets as a credit towards buying new tickets, right?
Correct. Since you don’t plan to return for a few years there is no particular need to change them to 2023 tickets. Just wait until you have your plans set, then call to upgrade the expired tickets. In the meantime, I would make a note of ticket numbers and value of each, just to keep for your records.

I don't see any numbers since I cancelled park reservations. I even don't see my number as a client on the site, just my name.

Last edited:
I’m ready to buy some 2-day parkhoppers for a 2023 visit. I want to make this purchase before December 8.

There is a possibility that one member of our group can leave work earlier. That means we could visit theme parks 1 day sooner. He won’t know until January 3. If I purchase these 2-day tickets now, can I make a new reservation later, for 1 day earlier than our existing tickets start?

My 2-day tickets are park-hopper. If in 5 weeks I find out we can actually arrive one day sooner, we’d only want single-park tickets for that day before (becuz of arrival time).

Two different confirmation #s. Does it cause any problems in MDE?

I’m ready to buy some 2-day parkhoppers for a 2023 visit. I want to make this purchase before December 8.

There is a possibility that one member of our group can leave work earlier. That means we could visit theme parks 1 day sooner. He won’t know until January 3. If I purchase these 2-day tickets now, can I make a new reservation later, for 1 day earlier than our existing tickets start?

My 2-day tickets are park-hopper. If in 5 weeks I find out we can actually arrive one day sooner, we’d only want single-park tickets for that day before (becuz of arrival time).

You would need to purchase stand-alone 1 day tickets for the earlier date if you don’t want the park hopper option. These would be subject to the new one-day ticket pricing coming into effect Dec 8th.

You would need to purchase stand-alone 1 day tickets for the earlier date if you don’t want the park hopper option. These would be subject to the new one-day ticket pricing coming into effect Dec 8th.
Yep, and I'm sure the new pricing won't be pretty, for our date. But will it cause any confusion in the MyDisneyExperience app, having two separate back-to-back visits?

No, to make a park reservation you need a ticket that's valid on that date. You could just buy tickets that begin a day earlier to begin with, as long as they're valid on the dates you want to go. But you also need enough separate entry days to cover all your reservations. So if you have 2-day tickets and 2 days reserved, you can't add a third.

You could get 2-day tickets that are valid on all three of the days you might be there, and then get reservations just for the days that are most likely to sell out, or for the parks that are most likely to sell out. You should have no trouble getting Epcot or AK reservations last minute unless you're going at peak spring break. So you could get your MK and/or Hollywood Studios reservations now, and if it turns out you can add a day, get an Epcot or AK reservation when you buy the new day (or upgrade your tix, see below).

Or you can get 3-day tickets from the outset and just eat the extra cost if it turns out you can't go on one day.

The two confirmations will not be a problem, but it will almost certainly be cheaper (and easier) to upgrade your tickets to 3-day tickets than it would be to buy separate 1-day tickets. Since it would be across a price increase, that's not guaranteed, but definitely price it out both ways before you pull the trigger.

This is a new one for me, I wanted to see if anyone had insight before I called.

I was at WDW twice in Nov 2022. The first trip, DH and I had 4-day PH passes. He was ill and stayed in bed one day rather than visit the parks, and under “tickets and passes”, I see that ticket with one day left, valid until Sept 2023. This was originally purchased May 2022.

The second trip, I had a 2-day PH, but I wound up not using one of the days because I had to leave unexpectedly due to a family issue. That ticket and remaining day was visible until a few days ago, with a day left (I don’t recall the exp date), but it’s now gone. This was purchased Sept 2022.

I don’t see differences in wording in the purchase emails. Actually, I was surprised to see DH’s ticket in there with credit until next Sept, since I thought we were in “use it or lose it” territory now.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

We have hard plastic tickets dated 2011 that were not used due to having AP at the time. These tickets were bought with the free dining program and saved for later. I found them in my safe this week. How do I go about adding them to MDE? Do I need to call or can the system handle a ticket that old?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter