Hi everyone , I have a plan I could use a little help with. We will be traveling to Disney later this year . I currently have a 5 day Canadian resident ticket with a late September expiry . I would like to upgrade that ticket to a 7 day with a later expiry date. We won’t be travelling until later in the year. I do realize I will lose the discount to upgrade this ticket to a 7 day PH but it is what it is .
My daughter is travelling to Orlando next month.
Could I reassign this ticket to her, have her go to Disney Springs and upgrade it while she is there, and then assign it back to me ?
Yes.

When looking at MDE, it says I have a one day ticket for myself and my daughter valid February 21, 2019. We used that ticket but it says one day remaining. We never went to a will call window to activate the ticket but went straight through the gate that day. Are these tickets still good? If so, how do I change the start date and add days? Can I reassign the ticket? Disney says since the tickets are expired I nee to visit a ticket window v

When looking at MDE, it says I have a one day ticket for myself and my daughter valid February 21, 2019. 1. We used that ticket but it says one day remaining.
2. We never went to a will call window to activate the ticket but went straight through the gate that day.
3. Are these tickets still good?
4. If so, how do I change the start date and add days?
5. Can I reassign the ticket?
6. Disney says since the tickets are expired I nee to visit a ticket window v
1. There is actually a very common GLITCH that shows tickets in MDX as being still valid that were actually already fully used up.
2. In general, there is no need to go anywhere to "validate" a regular ticket before using it.
(That's usually only for Annual Passes and certain "non-USA" tickets.)
3. Since you say that you already used them, they are no longer valid tickets.
4. Since you say that you already used it, that's not possible.
5. Since you say that you already used it, that's not possible.
6. And do what?

1. There is actually a very common GLITCH that shows tickets in MDX as being still valid that were actually already fully used up.
2. In general, there is no need to go anywhere to "validate" a regular ticket before using it.
(That's usually only for Annual Passes and certain "non-USA" tickets.)
3. Since you say that you already used them, they are no longer valid tickets.
4. Since you say that you already used it, that's not possible.
5. Since you say that you already used it, that's not possible.
6. And do what?
Thank you. I worried that the tickets would cause trouble when trying to use my new tickets. I called and they told me about the glitch and said I’d have no trouble at the gate. I phone a second time for that info. The first person said I’d need to visit a ticket window to ensure the ticket had been deactivated.

Right now I have a trip scheduled for 1/2/20 to 1/7/20. Undercover Tourist prices are definitely better than Disney's, but I am confused about what happens once I enter these tickets into MDE in time for my FP date in November. If, for some reason, ( I am currently dealing with a health issue), I need to postpone my trip, will Undercover Tourist apply what I've already paid to the equivalent tickets, 5 day hoppers, with a new starting date? I have read that Disney does that. Will they do that with tickets I have bought on UT that have been assigned to my MDE or just ones that bought through them?
I am very confused by this date-based system and I guess I need to do more research. UT was having a "sale", so I felt a time crunch, but I think I need to learn more about it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Right now I have a trip scheduled for 1/2/20 to 1/7/20. Undercover Tourist prices are definitely better than Disney's, but I am confused about what happens once I enter these tickets into MDE in time for my FP date in November.
If, for some reason, ( I am currently dealing with a health issue), I need to postpone my trip,
1. will Undercover Tourist apply what I've already paid to the equivalent tickets, 5 day hoppers, with a new starting date?
2. I have read that Disney does that.
3. Will they do that with tickets I have bought on UT that have been assigned to my MDE
4. or just ones that bought through them?
1. Well, UT won't, but Disney will.
2. UT sells "Disney tickets," so the tickets can be "adjusted" by Disney after the tickets are purchased.
3. Yes.
4. Authorized ticket resellers/discounters (like UT) sell actual "Disney tickets," just at a reduced price.

1. Well, UT won't, but Disney will.
2. UT sells "Disney tickets," so the tickets can be "adjusted" by Disney after the tickets are purchased.
3. Yes.
4. Authorized ticket resellers/discounters (like UT) sell actual "Disney tickets," just at a reduced price.
Thank you so much for your quick reply!!

I am being gifted 4 flexible date park hopper tickets. This is being given to me by someone who gets these free through work. My first park day will be 11/7. How and when do I upgrade to an AP? Will these tickets have a value?

My kids will have FL resident 4 day hopper tickets with their first day in the parks also on 11/7. How and when do I upgrade their tickets to an AP?

All will be linked in my MDE account.

Thanks!

I am being gifted 4 flexible date park hopper tickets. This is being given to me by someone who gets these free through work. My first park day will be 11/7. How and when do I upgrade to an AP? Will these tickets have a value?

My kids will have FL resident 4 day hopper tickets with their first day in the parks also on 11/7. How and when do I upgrade their tickets to an AP?

Thanks!

If they get them free through work, they may be promotional tickets (which have no value for upgrades). That would be worth checking into before you start calculating upgrade costs.

Last edited:

Thanks!
I agree that these tix likely cannot be upgraded.

Well darn. How do I find out their value?

If you have hard tickets and they say "comp" anywhere on them - those are definitely promo tickets with no cash value.

You can also ask your friend who got them to get more info on the tickets from the source.

If you have hard tickets and they say "comp" anywhere on them - those are definitely promo tickets with no cash value.

You can also ask your friend who got them to get more info on the tickets from the source.
If they are comp tickets, can they be loaded and used for FP booking? We book soon.

If they are comp tickets, can they be loaded and used for FP booking? We book soon.

AFAIK they should still work the same as regular tickets for FP booking an such (@Robo may be able to verify/correct me on that) - they just have no cash value for upgrading.

AFAIK they should still work the same as regular tickets for FP booking an such (@Robo may be able to verify/correct me on that) - they just have no cash value for upgrading.
That would be what I'd think.
They are valid tickets for use... just no "cash value."

Well darn. How do I find out their value?
They have value for USE at the parks as tickets.
But, they can't be upgraded if they were provided as "complimentary" to whomever got them from Disney.
(Which is very common for Disney to provide in "giveaway situations" like contests and raffles.)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter