For people commenting on the rate of price increases, I made a plot. Below are the ticket prices for single day (park hopper) tickets adjusted for inflation. The red line along the bottom is if the original cost of admission was adjusted for inflation. WDW_price.jpeg

I am planning a DVC stay at the beginning and the end of a Disney cruise in April 2020. I would like park tickets for day 1 and 2, and then day 7 and 8. From what I can tell, a 4 day ticket would only be good through day 7. Is there any way to avoid having to buy two 2 day tickets (besides AP)?

I am planning a DVC stay at the beginning and the end of a Disney cruise in April 2020. I would like park tickets for day 1 and 2, and then day 7 and 8. From what I can tell, a 4 day ticket would only be good through day 7. Is there any way to avoid having to buy two 2 day tickets (besides AP)?

You have the option of paying extra for the flexible ticket option - that will give you 14 days to use all of your park days.

When the date-based tickets first rolled out, there was mention (I believe by a TA) that WDW's info mentioned something would be available for cruise guests in your situation. However, I have not seen anything more definitive about that. You could try contacting DCL; maybe it's only available with specific land-and-sea packages?

Probably adding a 5th day to your 4-day ticket is less expensive than buying 2 shorter 2-day tickets. And it would extend your use window to 8 days.

Enjoy your vacation!

When the date-based tickets first rolled out, there was mention (I believe by a TA) that WDW's info mentioned something would be available for cruise guests in your situation. However, I have not seen anything more definitive about that. You could try contacting DCL; maybe it's only available with specific land-and-sea packages?

Probably adding a 5th day to your 4-day ticket is less expensive than buying 2 shorter 2-day tickets. And it would extend your use window to 8 days.

Enjoy your vacation!
Thank you, I will contact them to ask. Good thinking about the 5 day ticket as well!

Here's the link to the post about tickets for DCL cruisers, from the Walt Disney World Date Based Ticket System FAQ thread:
Also mentioned was that Disney Cruise Line would have tickets available that are good for up to 14 days from first use, must call DCL as this will not be online. They went through this kinda fast, I assume you have to book the resort nights on either end of the cruise with DCL to get this type of ticket. Will update this definitely when they post the re-broadcast on the TA site tomorrow.

UPDATE: Yes, the resort portion of the stay mist be booked with DCL to get these tickets.
Won't benefit those who stay off site or on DVC points pre or post cruise.

...That said,
If you are staying at a WDW Resort, any unused days on your 2-day ticket will stay valid through the end of that WDW resort stay.

Is this true for tickets purchased separately, or only those included in a vacation package?

From the FAQ on the Disney website (emphasis mine):

"Tickets purchased as part of a Walt Disney Travel Company room and ticket package are valid for admission beginning on the date of check-in and must be used by the date of check-out, or in accordance with the validity windows listed above—whichever period is longer.

Thank you so much for the information!! Right now it says that it's $120 a day x 2 days for the start date I'm looking at. I think that's pretty good. Is there any advantage in waiting, do the prices ever fluctuate or should I consider buying now? @Robo sorry I added onto my response. Do you mind giving a suggestion since I don't know much about park ticket costs. Thanks again.

Prices never go down, but they may go up, if there is an across the board price increase before your visit. So no downside to buying now, if your plans are firm.

Is this true for tickets purchased separately, or only those included in a vacation package?

From the FAQ on the Disney website (emphasis mine):

"Tickets purchased as part of a Walt Disney Travel Company room and ticket package are valid for admission beginning on the date of check-in and must be used by the date of check-out, or in accordance with the validity windows listed above—whichever period is longer.

Prices never go down, but they may go up, if there is an across the board price increase before your visit. So no downside to buying now, if your plans are firm.

Yes unfortunately I had not bought the park tickets yet, and they already increased. That was a mistake on my part.

We have not been to WDW since 2017 and are not planning on taking a WDW trip until Fall 2020 at the earliest, but probably 2021 as we have a DCL trip booked for 2020. But with everything new to experience I was thinking we might make 2 trips of about 5 park days each within a 12 month time span, one in Fall 2021 and one in Spring 2022. So APs might make sense, and my mom who always comes with us is a FL resident. We always get Memory Maker, and my mom would use the free parking as well. A few questions:

1. My mom can purchase APs with her FL discount for my 2 kids, who will be 5 and 9, correct? She just needs her ID to activate them at the ticket booth?
2. Can we purchase the APs now and not activate them until 2021?
3. Will my older son's AP still work if he turns 10 over the year of the AP?
4. Can we make FP reservations 60 days out if staying on-property if their APs are not yet activated? I would probably purchase regular tickets for myself and my DH, depending on dates of travel they will probably be cheaper than non-resident APs especially if using a discount site.
5. Can we take advantage of dining and merchandise AP discounts if only the kids have APs?
6. If there are any passholder events or previews, could we attend them with as guests of our kids if we don't have APs?

TIA!

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. Yes. Children and adults are the same price for APs.

4. Yes, as long as they are linked in MDE.

5. Yes.

6. Depends on the event, but usually, no, you cannot. They are exclusive to APs.

3. Will my older son's AP still work if he turns 10 over the year of the AP?
3. Yes. Children and adults are the same price for APs.
And, while that is true, even if there WAS a difference in price,
the age of the child on the date on which the AP was activated will remain "locked" for the duration of that AP.

I currently have a platinum AP that will expire October 6. I’m not sure if I want to renew yet. I have a trip planned for October 9-14. I was going to purchase a five day park hopper now through a third party so I can reserve my fast passes. If I decide to renew my AP will I be able to do it when I arrive and be able to apply the park hopper to it? If so is there a specific way I should do it, like do I need to enter a park with the park hopper ticket first? Thank you for any help!

I currently have a platinum AP that will expire October 6. I’m not sure if I want to renew yet. I have a trip planned for October 9-14. I was going to purchase a five day park hopper now through a third party so I can reserve my fast passes.

1. If I decide to renew my AP will I be able to do it when I arrive and be able to apply the park hopper to it?
2. If so is there a specific way I should do it,
3. like do I need to enter a park with the park hopper ticket first? Thank you for any help!
1. Yes.
2. Not really.
3. At some point during your trip (early-on would be fine) go to a Guest Relations
and ask nicely for what you'd like to do.

Ladybugsy said:
Robo, your insight is always appreciated.

Do you have any suggestions for someone like me who needs to renew 60 days prior to my expiration, but my fastpass window is 2 days prior to that date? My fastpass date is 7/21 and my renew date is 7/23. Passes expire 9/21 and we are arriving 9/19. I hate to miss out on that full window of fastpass frenzy.

Thanks in advance, not expecting much but you don't know if you don't ask :D.
Yes.
Call the Disney AP line and explain the renewal timing issue.
They have many times extended the pre-renewal window earlier to accommodate
these kind of problems.
Please report back with your findings.

Robo,
Upon calling in, I was given a "Key Holder" in my ticketing on MDE. One Key Holder is good for 4 days, I was given 3 to cover my vacation. They will be there until the time I check in, and when I renew my passes, I will be set.

Thanks so much for your help!
Rory

Hi everyone , I have a plan I could use a little help with. We will be traveling to Disney later this year . I currently have a 5 day Canadian resident ticket with a late September expiry . I would like to upgrade that ticket to a 7 day with a later expiry date. We won’t be travelling until later in the year. I do realize I will lose the discount to upgrade this ticket to a 7 day PH but it is what it is .
My daughter is travelling to Orlando next month. Could I reassign this ticket to her, have her go to Disney Springs and upgrade it while she is there, and then assign it back to me ?
This would allow me to make fastpasses when my day comes . As it currently stands I wouldn’t be able to upagrade a ticket that expires before we arrive, or make fastpasses with it.
Thank you for your advice :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter