Thought We'd share pics of our Wedding Cakes

I found these and thought that they were really neat if you were having a beach themed or Little Mermaid theme.
themedpg1p8.jpg

seasidepg1p3.JPG

Joanie

does any one know if you have to have disney make your cake or can you get it from an outside vendor?

All the cakes are lovely, I love the sea shell ones, we dont really have a theme like that yet only colours at the moment

I only had a disneymoon, but I thought i'd share a few pics of mine anyways :p

p45.jpg
p82-1.jpg

p47-1.jpg

does any one know if you have to have disney make your cake or can you get it from an outside vendor?

All the cakes are lovely, I love the sea shell ones, we dont really have a theme like that yet only colours at the moment

You have to use Disney for any and all food and beverage including cake. The only exception is wrapped favors if you make them yourself or something like that. Disney takes food safety VERY seriously.

This was our intimate cake.

TS06781-4-07.jpg

I didn't think it was as beautiful as Fairy Tale Bride's and Maggimus's cake. It was very plain and boring. In hindsight...I wish I upgraded the cake.

I didn't think it was as beautiful as Fairy Tale Bride's and Maggimus's cake. It was very plain and boring. In hindsight...I wish I upgraded the cake.

I really dont have a clue why they change these cakes? I realize different people make them at different times but in all honesty-- sometimes you get different from what they advertise. I have seen some with color on them too-- and no one had requested the color be put on the cake. I just dont understand them sometimes:confused3

I really dont have a clue why they change these cakes? I realize different people make them at different times but in all honesty-- sometimes you get different from what they advertise. I have seen some with color on them too-- and no one had requested the color be put on the cake. I just dont understand them sometimes:confused3

I wonder if they actually forgot about my cake. It tasted SO stale. My WP was away on vacation for the 2 weeks before my wedding and returned the day of. I wonder if it was actually ordered as a wedding cake or if they "made do" at the last minute with a cake that was already in the bakery. It just didn't look like a "wedding" cake, you know? It's fine though...I had a "re-do" when I got home. On our "one month" anniversary I just ordered a cake (chocolate with chocolate mousse and white buttercream icing) from a great cake place in St.catharines and DH and I really enjoyed it :rotfl:

I wonder if they actually forgot about my cake. It tasted SO stale. My WP was away on vacation for the 2 weeks before my wedding and returned the day of. I wonder if it was actually ordered as a wedding cake or if they "made do" at the last minute with a cake that was already in the bakery. It just didn't look like a "wedding" cake, you know? It's fine though...I had a "re-do" when I got home. On our "one month" anniversary I just ordered a cake (chocolate with chocolate mousse and white buttercream icing) from a great cake place in St.catharines and DH and I really enjoyed it :rotfl:

I dont know:confused3 Ive seen a lot of disney intimate cakes that ended up different. I do think they should train everyone to have a somewhat standard approach as to making them look alike. Atleast then we know what we are getting instead of showing up the day of hoping we get the one we wanted..:wizard:

This was our intimate cake.

TS06781-4-07.jpg

I think it's lovely! Your cake reminds me of Mommy_Poppins' cake (page 5 of this thread). Like Maggimus said, it just depends on who is making it that day. Some of the Intimate cakes are more intricately decorated, but they always seem to do a nice job. I am sorry though that you didn't think it tasted that good.

My sister works with a gentleman who used to be a DFTW EM and he said the best cakes come out of the WL bakery so I guess we got lucky that we got married there :goodvibes Our upgraded cake looked and tasted amazing!

Here's a pic of my wedding cake. Sorry that the pic is a bit washed out, but my wedding was 4 years ago, and my photographer was still using film, so it's from a scan. Our wedding was beach-themed--the reception was at Ariel's, and the shells and coral on the cake were all white chocolate.

cake.jpg

that *is* strange. I really love your cake maggie.. I wonder if I can request to get it done with all that fancy icing on the sides. hmm.

Thanks for saying that-- I cant really take any credit though because my cake was pretty much luck of the draw--I didnt design it what-so-ever!

Since all of you are questioning it, the reason that all of the cakes look different is that the designs are specific to the bakery. In ForKeep's case hers really is unsual for the GF bakery, but otherwise the other cakes seen are standard unless they are upgraded.

Sajetto-- We have actually had a lot of intimate cakes posted in the past that have been somewhat different-- some with colored icing even-- not upon request. I think thats what we were talking about. They are suppost to be very standard, but most of the time they are slightly different in design and sometimes color. Like Jen said, I think it has to do with who makes the cake that day.:confused3. I think this was mainly just talking about how sometimes there are differences in the cakes... all turning out beautifully.

I've been reading along on this thread...someone;) took a peek at my pics and asked me to post a pic of my cake. So here it is:

002190-0034.jpg

This was the basic intimate wedding cake. I did not ask for anything special. The green icing didn't bother me in the least because I had planned my entire wedding to be very casual, lighthearted, and maybe even a bit whimsical.

Over the years I've seen lots of pics of cakes. Each of them is really beautiful, IMO. One of the things I've noticed is that traditionally, I guess, they are almost always all white. Having a touch of color makes it stand out a bit more, or just gives it a more personal/customized feel.

I like to think the chefs who make these cakes are artists (and I'm sure they think the same thing;) ). Because of that, even if they have some standard they go by, my guess is they put some decorative, individual touch on each and every one to make it special.

I'm going to be talking with juliana tomorrow so I'll ask her about the cakes and why they look different and if I can request anything or colors even though I'm having an intimate wedding. :thumbsup2

Tiffany and Maggie - I think BOTH of your cakes are just beautiful! I really like the simplicity of them, but then again, that is just me...:confused3

Our cake was simple, but I wanted the white chocolate castle - it is now in a glass dome in my dining room. I have forbidden DH to eat it or I will rip his toungue out....:lmao:

Very appropriate for a December wedding, IMO :love:
HPIM0156.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter