Thought We'd share pics of our Wedding Cakes

Cplofdisneynutz

Any excuse to go to Disney is a good enough reason
Well finally 3 months after the wedding we have gotten around to resizing and and posting some of the pictures. First off we did not have a FTW @ disney, we got married in virginia and honeymooned @ WDW, but we had a very obvious disney theme throughout the wedding/reception. It was wonderful :goodvibes Anyway, we thought we would share a few pictures of our cakes, because it was this board that we got a lot of our ideas. We hope you enjoy.

This was our grooms cake:
GroomsCakeThanksMarla.jpg
My Aunt makes the best cheese cakes in the world and she had the idea to make 3 seperate cakes and then decorate it like this!! We LOVED it :love:

This was our wedding cake:
100_0049.jpg
The champange glasses in front of the cake were from the disney florist, they have mickey ears etched in the glass, and of course the cake serving set had mickey and minnie on the handles (it's hard to see in the picture).

take care and may all your wishes come true!!

Our wedding cake:

n11817795_30174118_2319.jpg

The topper is our undergrad college mascot! The cake is...well, not what I wanted, but DH had strong feelings about what he wanted, so I gave in a little. Also, we had to have such a big one that it made it difficult to really have what we wanted because we had a huge number of guests.

We upgraded our Intimate cake. I really wanted a square cake with edible flowers in our colors (burgundy and ivory) on top and cascading down the side (of course you don't really want to eat that sugar stuff!) and Disney got it exactly the way I wanted and it was absolutely delicious :goodvibes

47b6dc27b3127cce98548813f3c500000017108AYsnLJk0aNv

47b6dc27b3127cce98548813f3c500000010108AYsnLJk0aNv

Sorry for the low quality of the pictures, this is from the low-res CD from Disney Photography.

hi jen :wave:
your cake is lovely and everyone else's :)
if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay to upgrade your cake? :blush: i am going for a intimate wedding next year and altough there will only be the 4 of us i would like to personalize our cake

thanks eve ::MinnieMo

Jen,

If you don't mind my asking, I am also curious as to how you upgraded your intimate wedding cake...I did not know this was allowed. What choices do you get in your upgrade?

Thanks!!!!

:wave2:

Wow. Those are some awesome cakes!! Really love them. So cute.

100_2850.jpg

Okay, so not a wedding cake, but I thought it was pretty dang cool if I do say so myself. This is my graduation cake. :)

love the cheesecakes!

I know I've posted before, but I just loved my cake:

47b5cf26b3127cce95482bd0a1cb00000015108AZMmzNs4cOE

Re: Upgrading Intimate Cake

I told my EM that I didn't like the standard Intimate cake and I had my heart set on a square cake. I googled square wedding cake and found a couple pictures and sent them to her with a very detailed description of what I wanted. She told me "don't worry about it" and I just left it in the Disney bakery's hands and they got it perfect! I don't remember the exact cost but it was right around $260 to get the cake.

This was the "old" Intimate rules as I booked last February and things have changed but Disney will do anything for a price.

Happy Planning :goodvibes

P.S. cryssi your cake is SO cute!

Thanks Jen! :) I saw that cake at Franck's in 2000, and knew that I had to have it! Thank goodness they were able to reproduce it for me at DL! :)

Princess - I love your cake! :yay:

Thanks Cryssi!!

I really like yours too, very nicely laid out and has that splash of colors & you gotta love the mickey & minnie!!!

I originally wanted the cake that they have out at francks studio (i forget the name of it). Then, we got the new cd with the cakes on it and once we both saw that one there was no question!! It was awesome!!

Have A Disney Day!!

PrincessMo, I think that must be one of the coolest cakes I have ever seen! Its awesome :)

Jessica

Would any of you believe me if I told you that it appears no one took a close up picture or a full picture of our cake????????? We didn't have a cake at Disney (I could not BEAR the cost) so we had one (so painless and SO cheap--$450 for 300 people) at our home reception...

IMG_0616.jpg

thanks jen :)
all the cakes on here are lovely i will definatly be upgrading mine next year :cheer2:

eve ::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter