Thought We'd share pics of our Wedding Cakes

Thanks to everyone who said that my cake was lovely. I was fine with what I received. I mean, I had the option to upgrade and chose to go with the standard cake. I do think it was a bit unusual, like sajetto said...and I do think it was kinda boring. But that's ok.

I'm not bitter or anything...it just wasn't a favourite part of my wedding. And I'm glad that I loved my bouquet (I would have been disappointed if I didn't like my bouquet) and I did manage to get 2 cakes out of the deal in the end ;)

Tiffany and Maggie - I think BOTH of your cakes are just beautiful! I really like the simplicity of them, but then again, that is just me...:confused3

Our cake was simple, but I wanted the white chocolate castle - it is now in a glass dome in my dining room. I have forbidden DH to eat it or I will rip his toungue out....:lmao:

Very appropriate for a December wedding, IMO :love:
HPIM0156.jpg

Angela, I just love your cake. When I saw your pics I wished I had at least upgraded to have the white chocolate castle topper. Thanks for saying my cake was beautiful.

Tiffany and Maggie - I think BOTH of your cakes are just beautiful! I really like the simplicity of them, but then again, that is just me...:confused3

Our cake was simple, but I wanted the white chocolate castle - it is now in a glass dome in my dining room. I have forbidden DH to eat it or I will rip his toungue out....:lmao:

Very appropriate for a December wedding, IMO :love:
HPIM0156.jpg

Wow Angela-- your cake is so wintery .... reminds me of a cozy afternoon snuggled up on the couch:laughing: -- I know, im weird!

Maggimus: Love your cake, thinking about requesting a look-a-like. You didn't pay anything extra?? I don't really want to upgrade my cake to a bigger one or anything, just change the decoratation on the outside (without adding flowers, etc...). I like the design of your more than the regular intimate cake!:cutie:

This was our intimate cake.

TS06781-4-07.jpg

I didn't think it was as beautiful as Fairy Tale Bride's and Maggimus's cake. It was very plain and boring. In hindsight...I wish I upgraded the cake.

First off, I have to say this is such a beautiful photo of you two! Your DH looks adorable in this pic and so happy! You look stunning!

I actually saw the picture of your cake and loved it before I read that you said it was plain and boring. I think it's lovely and I do love the flowers!

I had no idea that all of the intimate wedding cakes were different until I found The DIS a month after our wedding. I thought they woudl all look the same, but it does make everyone's a little more special. :wizard:

Although I actually love the cakes that For keeps and Maggimus had. I am asking if mine can be sort of personalised. I have asked that I have black satin ribbon and real calla lillies on the cake, I am also asking for sparkly edible dust to be sprinkled on the cake.
Tanis said she will get back to me to see if their is any upgrade charge.

Here is our cake...
003305-0104.jpg

We loved it. I was so glad it had a bit of colour on it. It tied in with the poinsettas at the WP.
003305-0101.jpg

We had marble cake and white chocolate mousse.

Thanks everyone for the compliments

DisneyBrideWannabe- Yeah im sure you can request it. Why dont you copy and save the photo to your computer and then email it to your coordinator telling her you want it to look just like that one. I did that a lot with my coordinator out of fear things might be slightly different-- remember you ar ehaving an intimate but you still have a say. And nope-- no extra charge (i do things the budget way!)

Lynn- Since you are having a custom you can have yours look just about any way you want (Im sure with a charge-- but i dont know how all that works).... if you want yours like that just tell them-- but you have a lot more flexability in cakes (much like the other neat cakes on this thread). Let us know what you decide!!

:grouphug:

Has anyone done any Tigger or Nascar themed cakes for a groom's cake or any other events? I want to do a cake at our rehearsal dinner, and I thought Tigger would be perfect since he's DF's favorite, but I haven't seen any tigger cakes anywhere...

:love: here is my cake. i know its not a disney cake...but I absolutely LOVED it. my colors were brown and blue, and they did an amazing job! i was very happy with it! (except we had an "M" to put on top and the cake ppl forgot to put it on! bah.

cake.jpg

l_dc2562ee69095ff91a6b523270933769.jpg

l_244671142f7d1c9ed3b8722168ae3b5f.jpg

We froze our top tier and thawed it out for our 1 year anniversary and it was just as tasty and perfect as our wedding day. I am really glad we decided to save it. :teeth:

Angela, I just love your cake. When I saw your pics I wished I had at least upgraded to have the white chocolate castle topper. Thanks for saying my cake was beautiful.

Wow Angela-- your cake is so wintery .... reminds me of a cozy afternoon snuggled up on the couch:laughing: -- I know, im weird!

Thanks girls! Maggie, that was the reason I designed it like that! You know how the winters can be around here... And, though we were getting hitched in FL, we were still having a winter wedding. I wanted something to remember all of the snow at home...;)

i really thought i posted ours. LOVED IT!! and secretly can't wait to recreate it on a future trip.

071561-0254.jpg

P1010119.jpg

P1010114.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter