Thought We'd share pics of our Wedding Cakes

my cake tasted soo good-- i really wish I had a piece of it now..:cloud9:

what flavors did you choose?

I talked with juliana yesterday and she said I can do the two layers separate flavors! I'm so happy cause my DF is a chocoholic and I"d prefer something like almond with raspberry or something.

I forgot to ask about the different styles of intimate cake though. :rolleyes:

I totally forgot what flavors I had. :laughing: I had to pull out the ole wedding binder and look. We had Marble cake with Strawberry filling-- and it was DELICIOUS!:cloud9:

Hmmm, I'm confused, I don't really know what to do now:confused3 I love the look of some of the intimate cakes but I just wanted to make the cake my own I guess. I sent in a picture to Tanis and she has told me they can do all I've asked for and the price is likely to be minimal if at all, as there isn't a huge variation from the intimate anyway.
I think I may look again at pictures online and see if I can find a cake I absolutely fall in love with, and only then will I send in the pic. The white castle is tempting though......

I'm justifying spending money on the cake in Disney and then not having a cake at our home reception - is that weird? To invite people to a wedding party/reception and not serve traditional wedding cake? I was thinking like cute cupcakes with candy or chocolate seashells on top.

Our idea for the reception is a late night celebration party - a chance to celebrate with everyone at home who doesnt come to Disney. Not a full formal dinner, but heavy hor derves desserts and open bar

I just don't want have to buy for things twice - I see my wedding will be at Disney, at home I just want to celebrate our new marriage.

Is that strange to do? subsituting cake for other deserts and themed capcakes?:confused3

I wanted to join the cake fun, so I posted mine on this thread too. I was just looking through the thread again and there are some beautiful cakes on there. I remember the beginning of this thread was when I was planning mine and see everyones cake really helped us decide on ours. Thanks again for posting your cake photos.

On a side note....we just got back from visiting WDW last night and we visited all the places are wedding took place. I see them all in a different light now. It was magical going back after the wedding and reliving our special memories. We talked about everything all over again, the flower, the cake, the fireworks, etc.

cake.jpg

TopOfCake.jpg

Is that strange to do? subsituting cake for other deserts and themed capcakes?:confused3

I *totally* wanna have cupcakes for my at-home reception, so I don't think it's weird at all. It's actually a pretty big trend right now. We have a cupcake place called Sprinkles (a teeny chain of, I think, two stores) that makes the most amazing huge delicious cupcakes, and they sell tiered stands to display them on - it looks kinda like a cake made out of cupcakes.

In fact, now that I think about it, the only reason I even want to bother with an at-home reception is so I can have Sprinkles!:rotfl:

If you look at page 2 of this thread, you'll see that Fantasia Sam had cupcakes at her at home reception. I think its a great idea. :)

I'm going to be talking with juliana tomorrow so I'll ask her about the cakes and why they look different and if I can request anything or colors even though I'm having an intimate wedding. :thumbsup2

Let me know what you find out from Juliana. She is my WC as well. I sent her an email with several questions, including cake options and haven't heard back from her yet !

Here is our cake

Cake8edited.jpg

I don't have a really good one yet- the colors are sort of off on this one! We did the frog prince at the top and the scotties at the bottom was suppose to represent my dog!
It is a little out there and I had no idea what it was going to look like, but it was definitely fun!

Here is our cake

Cake8edited.jpg

I don't have a really good one yet- the colors are sort of off on this one! We did the frog prince at the top and the scotties at the bottom was suppose to represent my dog!
It is a little out there and I had no idea what it was going to look like, but it was definitely fun!

I LOVE the Frog Prince at the top....it's soooooooooo adorable!!!!

I'm justifying spending money on the cake in Disney and then not having a cake at our home reception - is that weird? To invite people to a wedding party/reception and not serve traditional wedding cake? I was thinking like cute cupcakes with candy or chocolate seashells on top.

Our idea for the reception is a late night celebration party - a chance to celebrate with everyone at home who doesnt come to Disney. Not a full formal dinner, but heavy hor derves desserts and open bar

I just don't want have to buy for things twice - I see my wedding will be at Disney, at home I just want to celebrate our new marriage.

We are also not doing a traditional wedding cake at our at-home wedding (can't see spendnig $250 for only 50 people). Instead we are thinging of either renting a chocolate fountian with diff't fruits and cake pieces($75) or having a dessert table with may different desserts (cookies, cheescake. make-your-own strawberry shortcake). Just thought I'd share. :)

We are also not doing a traditional wedding cake at our at-home wedding (can't see spendnig $250 for only 50 people). Instead we are thinging of either renting a chocolate fountian with diff't fruits and cake pieces($75) or having a dessert table with may different desserts (cookies, cheescake. make-your-own strawberry shortcake). Just thought I'd share. :)

First off, not having a cake at your wedding is NOT bad...i've been to a wedding before where they had cupcakes in all different flavors for everyone. Personally, we had chocolate fountains at our wedding in addition to our cake....and everyone LOVED it. We had one white chocolate and one milk chocolate with a ton of dipping things (strawberries, rice krispy treats, sugar wafers, etc.)...I didn't get near it (i was worried i'd drop it all over my dress) but there was a huge line for it the whole night! Here's a picture:

w273.jpg

i really thought i posted ours. LOVED IT!! and secretly can't wait to recreate it on a future trip.

071561-0254.jpg

P1010119.jpg

P1010114.jpg

This cake is beautiful! If I would have had a custom cake, it would have looked just like this! I don't have pics of my intimate cake to share, but it looks very much like Mommy Poppins' from page 5.

Bumping...I know there's a newer cake thread out there somewhere, but this one has a lot of pics of the variations of Escape cakes. I thought it was helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter