Those using swagbucks ???

I just read an article that made me think about taxes on this whole SB thing. I'm really new to all of this so I'm wondering how all of you handle reporting SB on your taxes?

As I am sure you read, 100% of your earnings are taxable, including SBs, Perk, etc. Most will issue a 1099 if you earn over $600. SBs doesn't because certain earnings, specifically shopping earnings/rebates, are not taxable.

That said. . . If I don't get a 1099 I don't report it. I don't keep track and don't get anywhere close to $600. Probably not even $600 from all rewards programs combined.

Yeah, I don't bother reporting what I don't get a 1099 for, though I made over $600 from SB last year. (I did get a 1099-Misc from Perk last year because of the Viggle points conversion I made $990 from that, but I am keeping track of my Perk points this year and plan to keep it under $600, I'm at $230 so far.)

I did the Wen offer a few days ago, since it's 3700sb. I did it on me and my fiance's account. We should profit about $16 just from ordering, and then I might try to sell the kits on ebay or something - not too interested in trying the product myself lol. We'll see how canceling goes.

Sell the products individually, not as a package deal. I made a ton of money selling it all on eBay. Two kits got me over $100.

Yeah, I don't bother reporting what I don't get a 1099 for, though I made over $600 from SB last year. (I did get a 1099-Misc from Perk last year because of the Viggle points conversion I made $990 from that, but I am keeping track of my Perk points this year and plan to keep it under $600, I'm at $230 so far.)

Can you tell me more about how Viggle works? I had such problems with PerkTV.

Perk has been awful for me since the beginning of the year. (the last quarter of 2016 was great!) I have 5 older phones I used to use for PerkTV and PopQuiz. I've had them turned off lately bc it didn't seem like what I was earning was covering the cost of electricity to run them LOL.
As to your question, I've never been able to get Viggle to run well for me, so I'm interested in learning more too.

I'll be sure to do that. Any ebay tips? I've had an account forever, but never really bought/sold...

I don't sell much on eBay, but generally I make sure to package items well but try to keep package weight as low as possible. I weigh them out and send via the cheapest shipping method available because most people don't want to spend a lot on shipping. Other than that, I really don't do anything else too special with my listings. I just try to put decent photos and give an accurate description.

I also did the Proactiv deal and sold those on eBay. They made me lots of money as well, even more than Wen.

I don't sell much on eBay, but generally I make sure to package items well but try to keep package weight as low as possible. I weigh them out and send via the cheapest shipping method available because most people don't want to spend a lot on shipping. Other than that, I really don't do anything else too special with my listings. I just try to put decent photos and give an accurate description.

I also did the Proactiv deal and sold those on eBay. They made me lots of money as well, even more than Wen.
Maybe I'll do Proactiv too. Since that deal is about breakeven with swagbucks, and I made a bit with Wen already... As long as things sell for a price to cover fees/shipping, anything above that price is gravy!

I am getting 4 SB for running EntertaiNow apps today, not sure why or if it applies to others.

Perk has been awful for me since the beginning of the year. (the last quarter of 2016 was great!) I have 5 older phones I used to use for PerkTV and PopQuiz. I've had them turned off lately bc it didn't seem like what I was earning was covering the cost of electricity to run them LOL.
As to your question, I've never been able to get Viggle to run well for me, so I'm interested in learning more too.

Viggle is an app in which you can check into TV shows for points, do trivia games about TV shows, etc. It was bought by Perk and they combined. I have the same problems with Viggle that I have with Perk - sometimes the ads freeze the screen and I have to start over, which is bad if I am not around to babysit them. Sometimes the Viggle things work better for me when the Perk apps don't. I can get a lot of points when I have time to play Viggle trivia, as you can repeat the same ones over and over and many of the questions are the same. The Perk PopQuiz works best for me also out of the Perk apps. There is a slickdeals forum on Viggle that I follow to see the latest.

Last edited:
I am getting 4 SB for running EntertaiNow apps today, not sure why or if it applies to others.

2x Swagbucks on these apps on the following days:

EntertaiNow:
Wednesday 4/19
Friday 4/21
Monday 4/24
Wednesday 4/26
Friday 4/28

Lifestylez.tv:
Saturday: 4/22
Tuesday: 4/25
Saturday: 4/29

Sportly.tv:
Thursday: 4/20
Sunday: 4/23
Thursday: 27
Sunday: 4/30

I'm bummed - I just got my second $25 Target gift card from SB and was going to use them to buy a Disney gift card, but then I discovered I can't use the Target gift cards to buy the Disney gift card from Target! UGH. What's the best plan for Disney gift cards then, use SB for Paypal or a VISA gift card?

My target won't let me use Target GC to pay for any prepaid gift cards UNLESS my total is a lot more. (Like I bought $60 worth of groceries and a $50 Disney GC for a total of $110, I was allowed to use my $50 Target GC then, and then I put the rest on my Target card.) However, at Walmart, I'm able to use all gift cards to pay for Disney GC, so I'm sticking with Walmart until they change that!

EntertaiNow:
Wednesday 4/19
Friday 4/21
Monday 4/24
Wednesday 4/26
Friday 4/28

Lifestylez.tv:

Sportly.tv:

Are these all apps that you've downloaded on your phone? I can't get the EntertaiNow to work, I'm wondering if I'd have better luck with the other two? Do they run the same as Swaybacks app?

SB screwed up today's code, then put out another one. Both are working right now for 3 SB each (probably until 3 PM EST) GoToWatch and VisitWatch

If you are doing the team challenge, don't forget to enter them through the mobile site for team points (I forgot!)

Are these all apps that you've downloaded on your phone? I can't get the EntertaiNow to work, I'm wondering if I'd have better luck with the other two? Do they run the same as Swaybacks app?

Yes, they run similar to the SBTV app. There are 5 of them - besides the 3 listed, there is Indymusic and MovieClips

EntertaiNow:
Wednesday 4/19
Friday 4/21
Monday 4/24
Wednesday 4/26
Friday 4/28

Lifestylez.tv:

Sportly.tv:
Really do appreciate you posting these like you do. I always missed out before i found this thread

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!