"This is the Best Trip Ever!" An August PTR with lots of Pics! NEW 8/14

I just caught up on your PTR since you might be running the Halloween 5k along with me! Sounds like you have a great trip planned! I love your Top 7 idea, very cool. :thumbsup2

I just caught up on your PTR since you might be running the Halloween 5k along with me! Sounds like you have a great trip planned! I love your Top 7 idea, very cool. :thumbsup2

Yay!! I can't wait for the 5K I really hope my ankle heals so I can start running again!! Thanks for reading, i'm about to post an update!

We are getting closer and closer to our trip! I just can't believe how time is flying (although I do wish it would get here even quicker lol!) in the meantime, i've been on bed rest from Doctor's orders because about 2 weeks ago I sprained my ankle during a run, and it hasn't healed. It's really frustrating because I can't wait any longer to get out there and run again! However, it did give me a nice day off to make another shirt!!

This is a design i'm pretty proud of, mostly because for the first time it was a concept that David and I brainstormed throughout the day and came up with the idea together! I wanted to do a graduation shirt for him, to show off his latest accomplishment…so we ran through a few ideas. It started with Mickey graduation-themed clipart with GRADUATE on the front. Than that turned into the idea I was sure I was going to use! It was an Incredibles theme shirt that said something like "I graduated! Incredible!" or "My incredible accomplishment!" Something like that. David at first thought it was cheesy but was willing to wear it anyway once he saw the design. So I went with it! I started trying to get pictures of the Incredibles and than I stumbled upon a group of Pixar photos, this one in particular:

nini-up-6856269-1280-1024.jpg

I had to use it!! I wasn't sure how, but I just had to use it! So David saw the picture, agreed, being that Up is another Pixar favorite of ours, and he came up with a few play on words! Eventually, I created this:

celebrate_back.jpg

And I knew that it would be great for the back of the shirt! But what could I do for the front? So for the best inspiration, I watched Up (love this movie!!) and finally after a whole day of going back and forth with the concept, and David periodically giving input, I came up with this!

graduate_front.jpg

Now for the final challenge, I wanted to match! Somehow….because normally if its someones birthday the shirt would say "its my birthday!" and the other would say "its his/her birthday!" so I wanted to do that, but it just wasn't working. So I decided that I would celebrate my own accomplishment this trip!

weightloss_front2.jpg

I have a ways to go with the weight loss, especially since I can't run until my foot heals, but I know I have the motivation to continue this journey and I've already lost 15-20 pounds and thats reason enough to celebrate!

There are a few minor details left on the shirts, but I wanted to post them because I haven't posted a trip update in a while, and hey, i'm pretty proud of them!! I can't wait to see what the finished product looks like, I hope they come out well!

So what do you guys think?? Only 64 days left for our trip!!

Oh no, I'm sorry about your ankle!

I love the Up designs though. Very clever. I love that movie. :thumbsup2

That is a wonderful shirt! The weight loss one really speaks to me since my husband and I have been losing weight this past year. Our Disney trip is to celebrate how far we have come. :goodvibes

Oh no, I'm sorry about your ankle!

I love the Up designs though. Very clever. I love that movie. :thumbsup2

Thanks!! Its crazy how all Pixar movies are amazing!

That is a wonderful shirt! The weight loss one really speaks to me since my husband and I have been losing weight this past year. Our Disney trip is to celebrate how far we have come. :goodvibes

Thanks!! I've been reading your PTR so I know all about your WL! Don't you wish it was just easier??

Me too! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Anyway I want this trip to come already!!!!!!!!!!!! I can smell the pretzel bread right under my nose!!!

I can smell just about anything, lets go already!!! It's time to celebrate, because as of today we are

TWO MONTHS AWAY!!!!!
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Hi Nicole...Sorry I haven't been around much lately. Just found your PTR. Will be catching up soon. We actually may be there around the same time as you, but our plans are really up in the air right now. Anyway, I'm looking forward to your PTR

You're staying at the Poly!!! We always try to stop in there each trip, but have never stayed there. That's my dream someday!

I love all the shirt designs, but especially the UP one. So cool. HP looks cool at Universal too. One of these days we're gonna have to go there. But when I'm that close to Disney it's hard for me to wanna be anywhere else. ;)

I'm enjoying your countdown too. Hope you'll continue.

Hi Nicole...Sorry I haven't been around much lately. Just found your PTR. Will be catching up soon. We actually may be there around the same time as you, but our plans are really up in the air right now. Anyway, I'm looking forward to your PTR

If you end up there in August, you definitely have to let me know!! It would be so funny to meet up again same place 2 years later!

Cute shirts!!! And congrats on the weight loss :goodvibes

Thank you!! I hope they come out well on the actual shirts!

You're staying at the Poly!!! We always try to stop in there each trip, but have never stayed there. That's my dream someday!

I love all the shirt designs, but especially the UP one. So cool. HP looks cool at Universal too. One of these days we're gonna have to go there. But when I'm that close to Disney it's hard for me to wanna be anywhere else. ;)

I'm enjoying your countdown too. Hope you'll continue.

We're really excited for the Poly!! We are planning to continue the countdown :) and so excited for HP!! Honestly, we just can't wait anymore :rotfl:we're going crazy

Number 3 "Nicole & David's Top 7"

So the top 3 on our countdown we are shifting gears a bit. We've talked about favorite things to do, and favorite traditions, but we reserved these spots for our favorite Disney moments. Of course just being there, and soaking it in, and listening to the great music is a great moment in itself, but these specific things will be in our memories forever. So lets start with number 3! A great memory for David as well as myself, and it's pretty recent!

3. David's Birthday Cake

While we were saving for this trip and getting ready for it, we decided to do a last minute Birthday trip for David's 18th!! It's a big birthday to celebrate, and I couldn't think of a better place since I got to celebrate my birthday at Disney the year before.

After much debate we decided on my home away from home The Wilderness Lodge and there was something very important that went along with this decision!

There is a wonderful thread on the Disboards, The Cake Chatter Thread, where people post pictures and details on cakes they've ordered for Disney. Well, I got a cake for my birthday from my cousin, and I wanted David to get the same!! Only one problem: He didn't pick a restaurant at the GF (where they bake most cakes) so I resolved to ordering a cake from the Boardwalk Bakery and picking it up as a surprise. But then we decided to stay at the WL, and I was ecstatic because Chef Brian from the Contemporary can deliver cakes to the WL! And some of his work is some of the best on property!!!

Lets take a look at some other Birthday memories from that trip:

IMG_3671.jpg

IMG_3693.jpg

IMG_3830.jpg

IMG_3878.jpg

IMG_3885.jpg

IMG_3921.jpg

IMG_3921.jpg

We packed a lot in for 3 days!! And it was a very memorable birthday for David!

Now for the number 3 in our top 7 countdown:

David's birthday was 2/18, and he had a great day that started with a Crystal Palace breakfast, Balloons in the room courtesy of Disney Florist, Pirates League, dinner at his favorite restaurant Le Cellier, and a "private" viewing of his favorite fireworks show Illuminations (I say private because minutes to the show we found a table overlooking the water near France, what birthday mojo!) So the least thing David was expecting was yet another surprise! But when we walked in the room thats exactly what he got! His favorite surprise of the day! A little background info on David: He is going to Culinary school for pastry arts and loves shows like Ace of Cakes because its what he wants to do…so when he saw this, he was in awe!! He couldn't get over it!!

IMG_3993.jpg

IMG_3995.jpg

IMG_3998.jpg

IMG_3999.jpg

Here's a copy of the email I sent to Brian (We corresponded back and forth for months!)

Brian

We were Emailing back and forth a
Few weeks ago regarding a cake for my brother. *I am ready to place *
the order if you are! *Just to sum up what we discussed:

8" cake with fondant
He will be 18 so please have that prominently displayed on the cake
Guitar-music theme
Hidden mickeys wherever possible
If we can include wall-e somewhere that would be awesome (his favorite *
Disney character)
No screen printing please

"Happy Birthday David"

And we are staying at the Wilderness Lodge with an in room delivery *
day of February 18!

Thanks for all your help Brian!!

Nicole

Sent from my iPhone

As you can see, Brian really made David's day and we sent him a nice card for it! I'll let David speak for himself, but I think the cake was the highlight of the trip for him, and definitely worth the money!

As of today we are 50 days away, and we've created a countdown calendar I'll be sharing soon! we are so close yet so far!!

What an amazing cake, no wonder David was in awe...I am too!!!

I just love celebrating birthdays at Disney!!!! :thumbsup2

The cake is beautiful!
How did you get in contact with Chef Brian? We're staying at BLT and I want to order a cake for my nephews.

Wow! What an awesome cake! Beautiful! Looks like David had a really great 18th birthday. You're a cool sister!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter