"This is the Best Trip Ever!" An August PTR with lots of Pics! NEW 8/14

Congrats David! And that's such a sweet letter. I have to figure out something to do for my little sis before her graduation. I think I'm leaning towards making a framed collage of pictures of us through the years, with some words of wisdom spliced in. But we'll see what I actually decide. :goodvibes

Like the countdown.

David Congrats on graduating. :banana::banana::banana:

Thanks, Scott! So glad you are here :)

Congrats David! And that's such a sweet letter. I have to figure out something to do for my little sis before her graduation. I think I'm leaning towards making a framed collage of pictures of us through the years, with some words of wisdom spliced in. But we'll see what I actually decide. :goodvibes

That sounds like such a great idea for your sister!! These occasions call for sentimental gifts :)

that was such a sweet letter! i'm sure david truly appreciated it :goodvibes

congrats again, david! :thumbsup2

Thanks!! And David says thanks again!

Today we are doing a 90 day dance!!!!
:banana::banana::banana::banana::yay::yay::dance3::dance3::banana:

We are so excited to hit this milestone, it seems like the time is moving at a good pace!! There are lot of details emerging over the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and its so exciting to hear and see this area of the park come to life, I can't wait for the same thing to happen for the Fantasyland expansion! Here is a new video of the HP cast checking out Wizarding World!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA0rtgPyPws&playnext_from=TL&videos=DVwFJl-A7ZM&feature=sub

Gave us goosebumps this morning!!

So to commemorate our 90 day mark, I'd like to post a shirt disign i've been working on for us!! If you like Phineas and Ferb, stick around, i'll be posting that after work tonight or tomorrow!!

When David and I go, we are planning on wearing at least two custom shirts: One that has something to do with his graduation, and the other is this one I've already started designing! We are big Phineas and Ferb fans (discovered that show while in Disney!) so the shirts theme is just that!! Here are the fronts:

sister.jpg

brother.jpg

The back is the next part I have to work on. It's going to say something like "I Know what we're gonna do today!" (a staple line from the show for non-viewers) So I will definitely post that when its created. And of course I'll post the Grad shirt when thats done too!

So as of today we are 88 days away!! :cool1: It seems so close yet so far!! But so exciting that we keep inching closer and closer to August!!

In other news, hope everyone who watches has a happy LOST day!

Just wanted to post the back of the Phineas and Ferb shirt that I displayed above!! Now that this one is done it's time to work on the other designs! We have 85 days left!! :banana:

back.jpg

I know I want to do one that says "Graduate" so I'll be working on that next!

Oh my gosh, I know a few of you guys were interested in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter well it was opened this morning for on site hotel guests and so many photos and video have emerged!! I've assembled my favorites in case anyone was interested!

The Frog Choir Performing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouK5j8B3VpU

Walkthrough Hogsmeade Village
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-434p3l-2EA

Ollivander's Wand Shop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBaIbCMXwwk&feature=channel

Cool Merchandise!
http://www.insidethemagic.net/2010/...tter-offers-exclusive-and-unique-merchandise/

Beauxbaton and Durmstrang Perfoming
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDl5mWv09Lw&feature=player_embedded

We didn't think we could be any more excited than we are and we were flipping out watching these videos! I can't wait to see else emerges from this area as the weeks go on!

My sister posted some link on my facebook to a bunch of pictures and OMG we really want to go this summer. We got our AP newsletter yesterday that has something for 40% off select rooms this summer (for the nighttastic stuff)...that is sooo tempting. We might have to do that since I don't know if we have any DVC points left for the year. :laughing: That would be so awesome to go to WDW and WWOHP.

My sister posted some link on my facebook to a bunch of pictures and OMG we really want to go this summer. We got our AP newsletter yesterday that has something for 40% off select rooms this summer (for the nighttastic stuff)...that is sooo tempting. We might have to do that since I don't know if we have any DVC points left for the year. :laughing: That would be so awesome to go to WDW and WWOHP.

Yeah some of those new pictures and videos are just incredible I can't wait!! You should definitely consider coming in the summer, those resort rates are hard to pass up!

Today we are now in June, which means in my head we are 2 months away from being SO CLOSE to our trip!! (actually we are in the 70s which is another reason to celebrate!) So lets continue on with our Top 7 countdown as we wait for these next 79 days to pass us!!!

Number 4: "Welcome Home"

Ahhhhh, cloud 9 :cloud9: when I hear that. The arrival at your resort is the best feeling in the world!! Your vacation is fresh ahead of you and this is where it begins! :cool1:

We drive to Disney, and twice we've had to stop at Downtown Disney to get into Guest relations (annual pass related) so now it's just become part of our first day of Disney! This time, we have to stop there for David's pass and I know there are better ways (like taking care of it at the guest relations in the park) but now it's just become part of our traditions!!

IMG_9879.jpg

IMG_9880.jpg

IMG_4367.jpg

I can just smell Ghiradelli next store as I think about it!

And now we get to drive into our wonderful resort, and right up to the security shack!!

DSC02336.jpg

IMG_4655.jpg

Hopefully once we pass our inspection, the guard will say those magical words, "Welcome Home" and we will continue on to the start of our vacation!

Right up to the check in desk we go!

IMG_4659.jpg

IMG_3558.jpg

IMG_4379.jpg

Now we aren't sure what time we'll be arriving at the resort. It all depends on how much we've accomplished at Universal the 2 days we are there. We can use the third day at Universal and head over to Disney later on in the afternoon as long as we make it in time for Boma….but when this is our plan, we are normally too anxious for Disney to leave any later than the morning!! So we'll see! But if we get there early there's something so fun about the room not being ready. Since we head straight to the park anyway the mystery of room location and anticipation for that magical text is all part of it!! If we get there beyond 4 of course our room should be ready so we will drop everything off and then head out! Feeling absolutely wonderful because our trip is just starting!! We all know that feeling!!

Its when you first walk into your resort…how about immediately after check in when you get your welcome packet? For us the feeling could last all day, but I wish I could bottle it up and drink it on a sad day!

So 78 days to go until our "Welcome Home" and I wish it would get it here quicker!!

The arrival at your resort is the best feeling in the world!! Your vacation is fresh ahead of you and this is where it begins! :cool1:

If we get there beyond 4 of course our room should be ready so we will drop everything off and then head out! Feeling absolutely wonderful because our trip is just starting!! We all know that feeling!!

Its when you first walk into your resort…how about immediately after check in when you get your welcome packet? For us the feeling could last all day, but I wish I could bottle it up and drink it on a sad day!

You are so right - there is a special feeling about the first few hours of any trip. All the fun lies ahead, and you smile a lot at seemingly nothing. :)

We're at 29 days. When we chop that into weeks, I know it'll go quickly. Then I want the eleven days of the trip to go s-l-o-w-l-y. :thumbsup2

You are so right - there is a special feeling about the first few hours of any trip. All the fun lies ahead, and you smile a lot at seemingly nothing. :)

We're at 29 days. When we chop that into weeks, I know it'll go quickly. Then I want the eleven days of the trip to go s-l-o-w-l-y. :thumbsup2

Exactly!! You are so close to your trip I am so jealous!! But you're right, we want the time to move faaast to get there, but slloooooooow when we arrive!

Hi Nicole! I just discovered your PTR today -- love the top 7 countdown! Number 4 is my favorite -- that just-arrived-at-Disney feeling is the BEST feeling. And we always used to do the same thing with annual passes - first stop was DTD and Guest Services (and if I was lucky, Earl of Sandwich too!).

Ahhh...the Polynesian... :love: Can't wait to see your pics! And awesome job on the Phineas and Ferb shirts - that's such a funny show. :goodvibes (I love David's rhyme too!)

Hi Nicole! I just discovered your PTR today -- love the top 7 countdown! Number 4 is my favorite -- that just-arrived-at-Disney feeling is the BEST feeling. And we always used to do the same thing with annual passes - first stop was DTD and Guest Services (and if I was lucky, Earl of Sandwich too!).

Ahhh...the Polynesian... :love: Can't wait to see your pics! And awesome job on the Phineas and Ferb shirts - that's such a funny show. :goodvibes (I love David's rhyme too!)

Hey! So glad you came over! I've been finding myself re-reading your TR for the Poly love :rotfl: Thanks for the shirt comment, we love P&F too! We discovered it while at WDW so it's fitting!

Love the Phineas and Ferb shirts!!! We got one for my DH for Father's Day that says, "Dad Evil, Inc."

Amanda

Love the Phineas and Ferb shirts!!! We got one for my DH for Father's Day that says, "Dad Evil, Inc."

Amanda

Thanks! We love Phineas and Ferb, especially since I found out that the creator was from Rocko's Modern Life-- a show I used to watch when I was a kid!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter