"This is the Best Trip Ever!" An August PTR with lots of Pics! NEW 8/14

Girl, I FINALLY have some free time to check out your PTR. So I'm gonna do that now. Just thought I'd let ya know.

Also, HOORAY for double digits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:
It feels like just yesterday I hit the double digit mark. And now I'm almost at 70 days!

Oh and CONGRATS to your brother. My sister graduates in a few weeks. She's beyond excited to be almost done with HS.

You have ADR's for several places that are on my 'to do' list. One we have been to before is WCC. Our family liked the food and atmosphere. You have to not mind a loud restaurant (much like O'hana). Our waiter was not into playing along, DH even taunting him with the 'need a refill' and 'ketchup please,' but he wasnt biting. We are a family of people watchers so we resolved to enjoy watching others embarassed about getting hoards of ketchup :rotfl:.

I really recommend Wolfgang Puck Express in DD. Loved the pizza, salad, deserts, and pasta. We ate there twice last year and I am trying to work it into our plans this year. For us, it was the best food (and large portions) of the trip. HTH

We will be at the world during the same time frame (21 - 25 Aug) and need all the info we can get!

It's our first trip and I am learning SO MUCH from reading Aug PTRs and yours looked great!!

Please do keep it up :worship:

Just wanted to add my congratulations to to you, David. I haven't met you, but I know enough about you through Nicole's reports to know that you are a fine young man. I predict you'll do extraordinary things with your life. I know your family is very proud of you.

I told David last night to come on here and check the TR because some friends had nice things to say to him. I'll be home from work around 6 and show him so he can read and reply to you. We are very proud of him!

8 nights at the Polynesian?! Dude I am so jealous. Ahhh so exciting! :banana:

So glad you made it over! :banana: We are so freakin excited about the Poly!

Girl, I FINALLY have some free time to check out your PTR. So I'm gonna do that now. Just thought I'd let ya know.

Also, HOORAY for double digits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:
It feels like just yesterday I hit the double digit mark. And now I'm almost at 70 days!

Oh and CONGRATS to your brother. My sister graduates in a few weeks. She's beyond excited to be almost done with HS.

Yay! I'm excited you have a chance to get here! It makes me so happy to hear that when you hit the double digit milestone, it moves quickly because this is taking forever!!

You have ADR's for several places that are on my 'to do' list. One we have been to before is WCC. Our family liked the food and atmosphere. You have to not mind a loud restaurant (much like O'hana). Our waiter was not into playing along, DH even taunting him with the 'need a refill' and 'ketchup please,' but he wasnt biting. We are a family of people watchers so we resolved to enjoy watching others embarassed about getting hoards of ketchup :rotfl:.

I really recommend Wolfgang Puck Express in DD. Loved the pizza, salad, deserts, and pasta. We ate there twice last year and I am trying to work it into our plans this year. For us, it was the best food (and large portions) of the trip. HTH

We had a bad experience a few trips ago at WCC but we decided to give it another shot because the food was good and we love the WL! It stinks when the wait staff doesn't play along at WCC or places like 50s Primetime! Never eaten at WPE, but we're leaning towards it because of all the excellent reviews on here!

We will be at the world during the same time frame (21 - 25 Aug) and need all the info we can get!

It's our first trip and I am learning SO MUCH from reading Aug PTRs and yours looked great!!

Wow thats so awesome that its your first trip!! Where are you guys staying? Any info I can lend you, it will be my pleasure! It's comments like thesem and the others I received today that make me want to keep the PTR going!

I need the time to save the money and to lose the weight but I am just so impatient!! Lol being in double digits definitely makes it easier though :rotfl: I know how you feel with the surprises, thats why you need a pre-trip! For our August 07 trip, I told david we were staying 4 nights at CSR when in reality we were staying 8 nights at AKL! I have his reaction on video, its actually one of our top 7 moments :) Hopefully i'll get the opportunity to share! It helped that I had a PTR to spill all the secrets :)

Yeah, I'm with ya on needing the time to save up the extra money. I've been trying to work out & lose a few pounds as well... I guess having these last 3 months will be nice to push me to do it! :) Good luck Nicole!

So glad you made it over! :banana: We are so freakin excited about the Poly!

Yeah, I'm so sorry, I totally thought I posted on here but I guess it must've been one of your other reports I read. Oh well, I'm here now. :thumbsup2

I don't blame you for being excited about the Poly! :banana::banana::cool1::cool1:

YAY, hooray for your first trip! You are going to love it. We are Disney veterans but my dad, sister and I took our first-ever summer trip last August (pretty much the exact same dates you guys will be there). My best advice is to take lots of breaks because it is HOT!

Awesome!! We'll have to plan a meetup or something because we definitely want to go over to the Contemporary while we are on a break for the arcade!!

Definitely!

We've stayed at the Poly twice and LOVE it. Did you make a room request?
We love the Tahiti building. It's so close to the TTC and the rooms are slightly bigger. Plus, the bathrooms have a double sink.

Yeah, I'm with ya on needing the time to save up the extra money. I've been trying to work out & lose a few pounds as well... I guess having these last 3 months will be nice to push me to do it! :) Good luck Nicole!

Thanks, i'll need all the luck I can get!! I can't wait to reward myself at Disney and not be on a diet for a week! I'm still gonna run in the mornings at Poly

Love the graduation decoration pics!

Amanda

Yeah, I'm so sorry, I totally thought I posted on here but I guess it must've been one of your other reports I read. Oh well, I'm here now. :thumbsup2

I don't blame you for being excited about the Poly! :banana::banana::cool1::cool1:

YAY, hooray for your first trip! You are going to love it. We are Disney veterans but my dad, sister and I took our first-ever summer trip last August (pretty much the exact same dates you guys will be there). My best advice is to take lots of breaks because it is HOT!

No prob, just glad you finally made it over!! I agree August is HOT!!!! We take those mid-day breaks to help :cloud9: air conditioning lol

Definitely!

We've stayed at the Poly twice and LOVE it. Did you make a room request?
We love the Tahiti building. It's so close to the TTC and the rooms are slightly bigger. Plus, the bathrooms have a double sink.

So far all I've requested is "balcony" I'm afraid to put in anything else because the balcony is the most important thing to me. On the iPhone cards ive made I have a cheat sheet of the longhouses I want or dont want :lmao: so at check in, maybe I can request a different building then the one they assign me (do they tell you what building you are in when you check in if the room isn't ready?) they are as follows:

Preferred: Tokelau, Tahiti, Samoa
Do Not Want: Raratonga (view, service area) -- yes i have this in my notes! lol
Aotearoa (too far from TTC)
Rapa Nui (Parking lot view)
Nuie (No balconies, 2 floors)

Wouldn't it be such a slap in the face if they gave us Nuie? :rotfl: In all honesty, i'm just excited to be there!!

Thank you everyone who has congratulated me on my graduation. I'm so happy I'm finally out of what my dad likes to call "Maximum Security Prison." :goodvibes

I can NOT wait any longer for this trip already!!! We've been waiting forever for August, and it still seems sooooooo far away!!!!!!! I'm so obsessed, I was singing the Three Caballeros song from Mexico in Epcot at work lol!

I'm not sure if anyone watches the show here, but I'm working on some Phineas and Ferb covers with my band, so be prepared to see some videos of me embarrassing myself.

Thank you everyone who has congratulated me on my graduation. I'm so happy I'm finally out of what my dad likes to call "Maximum Security Prison." :goodvibes

I can NOT wait any longer for this trip already!!! We've been waiting forever for August, and it still seems sooooooo far away!!!!!!! I'm so obsessed, I was singing the Three Caballeros song from Mexico in Epcot at work lol!

I'm not sure if anyone watches the show here, but I'm working on some Phineas and Ferb covers with my band, so be prepared to see some videos of me embarrassing myself.

Wow David, I'm just...wow over you signature!! lol you need a Phineas and Ferb picture to go with it!

But you're right about the wait, this is taking FOREVER! But its moving quickly! Next friday will be 90 days!! :scared1: and since you are now a HS grad you know that means 3 months :goodvibes

Number 5 in our Top 7 countdown is a favorite of many of you!! What do you do when you want a nice relaxing stroll in Disney? What do you do if you want some of the most delicious pastries and drinks the world has to offer? That's right! Number 5 brings us another "favorite thing to do" Leisurely walking the World Showcase!!

We love Epcot. and I mean LOVE epcot. Our favorite Disney song? This guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doGRqUVUzIM

Can't you just FEEL the air conditioning as you walk into The Land when this song kicks in? That's why its my ringtone!

And we love Future World and everything about it. The kiosk with the giant floating balls (what are those called? I need to get one of those) The smell of Electric Umbrella as you window shop Mouse gears walking towards Test Track. And than out of nowhere the mood of the entire place changes. Like a flick of a switch, we're here:

IMG_5288.jpg

IMG_5053.jpg

IMG_5051.jpg

IMG_5291.jpg

IMG_4916.jpg

And you are just instantly relaxed. The morning we would have had would have gone something like "run to Soarin, run to Test Track, run to Mission Space, back to Nemo, Go on Soarin" and we love our frantic Disney mornings, but around 11:30am we begin to calm down and there's no better place to be than that darn World showcase! We have had some great memories here. On our "days off" with nothing left to do in our day, we would decide to come here and just people watch and walk around. We've gotten caught in the rain, and splashed around like we owned the place!

IMG_4925.jpg

IMG_4930.jpg

We've taken some pretty silly pictures!

IMG_5044.jpg

IMG_4941.jpg

And who said decorating masks were for kids??

IMG_4940.jpg

The newest and coolest craze are those Kim Possible missions, David loves them!

IMG_0258.jpg

And if you're lucky you'll catch a hilarious performance by these guys:

IMG_9507.jpg

IMG_7776.jpg

IMG_7785.jpg

Or a sweet treat from Japan!

IMG_5295.jpg

This trip, we will embark on an adventure called Candy around the World! It's played much like Drinking around the World but with under 21 in mind.

IMG_0257.jpg

And when the sky gets dark and your finding it hard to see, just smile at the thought of Walt's vision. As dark as possible so you can see the night sky and we can all be reminded that although each of us are from different parts of the world, we all share the same stars.

And on that note, here are some Illuminations photos!! David's favorite night time show at Disney!

IMG_8425.jpg

IMG_8376.jpg

IMG_8373.jpg

David and I have many reasons why we love the World Showcase. It's relaxing, its easy to stroll, and theres plenty to see and do (and eat!) It's one of the many reasons we make multiple trips to Epcot on a trip, and why its number 5 on our countdown!!

I think the KP missions are a blast. :thumbsup2

OK, I might have to do something bad and rip that song and put it on my ipod...:rolleyes1

I'm in!!

I'm loving your pictures...WOW!!!

I have to agree WS is such a nice way to spend a Disney afternoon!!!!

I think the KP missions are a blast. :thumbsup2

OK, I might have to do something bad and rip that song and put it on my ipod...:rolleyes1

KP is a lot of fun, we make sure to do it each time we're there!!!! Oh i've ripped that song and PLENTY MORE! Look at this guys collection:

http://www.youtube.com/user/prspeppers

I'm in!!

I'm loving your pictures...WOW!!!

I have to agree WS is such a nice way to spend a Disney afternoon!!!!

Yaaaaaay! We love WS its such a relaxing place!

A big congratulations to my little brother David today!! He is officially a HS graduate as of this morning! I am very proud of you, David. Congratulations! :cool1::cool1: :cheer2::cheer2:

Our celebration will continue in August, and there are surprises for David when we get there, but to mark todays special occasion I wrote David a letter, and with his permission I'm going to share it for those who would like to read it:

Davids_gradletter.jpg

Davids_gradletter2.jpg

Now for some Graduation pictures!

David and Mom:
IMG_0268.jpg

Grandma and Grandpa:
IMG_0271.jpg

Brother and Sister:
IMG_0273_2.jpg

Mom & Dad:
IMG_0279.jpg

The Whole Family:
IMG_0280.jpg

And a big congratulations to those who are celebrating with the Class of 2010!

And just so we know where his priorities are, when we got into the car the first thing David said was "Oh! We're almost at 90 days!"

Hey Nicole, remember that one trip when I asked how fast we would have to go to "get there right now?"

Well I did the math, and if we go 4,565.12 mph, we would get directly from our house to Epcot in approximately 1.5 minutes.

Aww, what a sweet letter!

Congrats on graduating David! :thumbsup2 I'm sure you guys are looking forward to your trip. I think it's so cool you take trips together...I can't wait until my sisters and I go on a trip that's just "sisters only"!

Oh, and thanks for the link to all that music...I am definitely going to have to bookmark that.

Hey Nicole, remember that one trip when I asked how fast we would have to go to "get there right now?"

Well I did the math, and if we go 4,565.12 mph, we would get directly from our house to Epcot in approximately 1.5 minutes.

lol, I guess we'll have to try that in August!

Aww, what a sweet letter!

Congrats on graduating David! :thumbsup2 I'm sure you guys are looking forward to your trip. I think it's so cool you take trips together...I can't wait until my sisters and I go on a trip that's just "sisters only"!

Oh, and thanks for the link to all that music...I am definitely going to have to bookmark that.

That music rocks!! We are looking forward to the trip for sure! :thumbsup2 and when you can finally go alone with your sisters, you will love it!!

Like the countdown.

David Congrats on graduating. :banana::banana::banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter