Thermostat setting..what is yours?

We keep ours at 68 when we are home and then it is like 60 when we are gone...sometimes on the nights or weekends that we are home I might bump it up a few degrees or turn on the fireplace.

princesslibby said:
We like to keep it around 62-65 at night. During the day,if we're home, 65-68. My boys like to snuggle with blankets so they are always toasty.

:offtopic: Alert!

Now Sing "It's a small world after all" with me.

I used to live in Manhattan. My DH graduated from KSU. Go Wildcats! :cheer2: Got married and moved to Topeka then to Wamego. Now we live In TN. I miss Kansas but it's warmer here. :sunny:

All right stop singing now.

GO WILDCATS!!! paw: paw:

I'm still singing................ :music:

alicenwonder99 said:
Holy Cow!!! Too cold?? Are you sure your thermostat is working properly? I can't see how anyone can keep their house that stifling hot?!

We keep ours at around 62 during the day, and around 58-60 at night. The upstairs gets way too hot when the heat is on, so that's why it goes down much more at night.

BTW, it's COOOOOLD this morning...in the 30's today. brrrrrr....

Mary

edited: Ok, I just read some more responses. I guess alot of people like to keep it hot in their homes. I guess I just can't stand it too hot. And I'm someone who is always cold, but not in my house...lol. Maybe because I'm always moving. lol.
Perhaps it is your thermostat that is broken.

Regardless of what temp people keep their homes at, I don't think many people would call 70 degrees "stifling hot". Think of the last time the high temp in your city was 70. Was anyone going around complaining about how hot it was? I think not. Not unless you live in Siberia.

I like the house to be cooler than DW. In the summer, we had constant thermostat battles. She kept moving it up to 76 or 77 and I kept moving it down to 72. Eventually, we compromised at 74.

So far, it hasn't been super cold in N.C. yet. The heat has only been on a few times and we've been keeping the thermostat set to 68 or 70. Most days, we've just been turning the gas fireplace and ceiling fan on for an hour or so in the morning after a chilly night.

:blush: We keep it at 72-73. I like it toasty warm. The bedrooms are actually warmer, probably around 74-75, because of the bad heat distribution in the house. But we don't pay for electricity, so that's why all my lights are on. ;)

When my husband turns the humidfier on hot instead of cool mist, our bedroom is a sauna.

Plantlady said:
I'm in Kansas. Ours is at 65 during the day, and 58 from 9pm until 6:45 am. Everyone has several bankets, so it's not problem at night, and we have tons of "family" blankets in the living room for during the day if people get a chill.

Ditto here-- we're in Tennessee and use natural gas for heat. This is my schedule exactly but set nighttime at 58 from 10:15 to 5:00 (when I get up). Programmable thermostats & blankets have really helped. I had no sticker shock last year with the gas bills --

66 year round- sometimes we even turn the heat off and have a family bed -all night sleep in.. rent spooky movies :happytv: and eat popcorn in bed popcorn:: - yes the kids :dance3: get it every where but life is short :hourglass so who cares- the sheets will wash! :crazy: Baby gets Mommy milk and baby snack cereal- 6 teeth is not enough to get popcorn yet :teacher: !

I live in Chicago burbs close to Wisconsin. Just bought a townhouse and now have to pay a gas bill. I set the thermostat on 68 but it NEVER stays thay way. My boyfriend works second shift so by the time I get home it is on 75 way to damn hot. I think I need to invest in a lock for the thermostat but I seriously dont think that will stop him. He likes it to be hot where I just grab a blanket. Cant wait till we get our next gas bill and then maybe he will not turn it that high. No...... I dont think that will make a difference.

Hi,
We are far north in Wisconsin. Last year, because of high natural gas prices, we kept the thermostat at 65 during the day, and around 60 at night when asleep.

We have decided that 65 is alittle too cool. I think we will keep the temp around 67 during the day, and 60 when under the covers.

right now I have the heat and ac turned off.. but I live in Texas.. I normally love it toasty but trying to wait before I turn on heat this year to save on bills..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter