theories on the august 12th big announcement....

LOL, TBH I feel the same but in that I wish people would stop taking the children out of school so the 'quiet' times remain that :goodvibes What I'm saying is that really most people think something along these lines, we all want people to continue going to Disney and having a great time, just keep away from the 'quiet' times :lmao:

Some of us that have quite kids want to enjoy the quite times with other quite people. :flower3:

Well said Maddie. I have always as an adult gone to WDW between October and December. Won't stop now that I have kids, school or not.

Not sure how this would figure out but is the 4/3 offer better than a 40% discount at a deluxe? We have that now and don't think it is possible to get much of a better deal but I could be wrong.

The buy 4 get 3 free turns out to be a slightly better deal than 40% but not much. Our deal at POFQ calculated out to about 42% off. Depending upon your room type, it may or may not make sense to go through the trouble to change if the 4/3 comes out.

Not sure how this would figure out but is the 4/3 offer better than a 40% discount at a deluxe? We have that now and don't think it is possible to get much of a better deal but I could be wrong.

Ignoring the tiny ticket savings, the savings on 4/3 should be the same percentage for all resorts on a 7 night stay. 3 nights free out of 7 is going to be 42.9%. It's the dollar amount this translates to that is different.

However, if your personal stay is not exactly 7 nights, then the percentage on your stay will be different. If you are only staying 6 nights, then you get two free nights and the savings is more like 33%. If you are going for a total of 10 nights it is 30%.

So yeah on a delux it will save you a bit more. But even on a $400 room, the extra savings is only $11.60, again this is considering you are staying exactly 7 nights. If you are staying more or less than 7 nights, 40% is better.

How does the 4/3 Offer translate to longer vacations or does it even do so? For instance, we are currently booked for March of 2010 for 10 Nights. If we were able to change to the promotion, does it mean you are stuck with 7 night limitations? Would it be 4/3+3 or something like that?

You can use it for longer stays, but you'll still only get the 3 free. So 10 nights would be 7 paid, 3 free. Same goes for tickets; you'll get 3 free days, so if you wanted 10 day tickets, you'd pay the 7 day price.

I'm posting to make everyone aware it may be a different deal.

The free QSDP is a relatively new offer with the value resorts when it used to be DP plus.

If it's only the 3/2 deal then free dining will be better for most people.

Also, Disney may try something completely new.

Last year there was a combo deal for Visa which was a slight discount on room and free dining.

Just be prepared to do your number crunching to compare properly.

We are booked from Jan 2-12...my stomach hurts just thinking they might be announcing deals for next year already!! I can hardly wait!! :cheer2:

Is it a deal? Or do you think they are announcing the 2010 theme???

If it was a deal, would they extend it out til Aug 2010 ::keeping fingers crossed::

If so, I would book Aug 12th upon the announcement.

I also just read the rumor that ADRs window will be going back to 180 days....think this is will finalize that rumor?

I guess it could be so many different things...I hate the waiting!! Hope it isn't something insignificant!! :rolleyes1

My thoughts on this come from an advertising and marketing angle. My husband sells advertising for a local tv station. Those cute commercials Disney had last year were great when they said you buy 4 nights get 3 free. And the ones that listed the dollar amount for a family of 4 were enough to make me want to adopt another child so I would have a family of 4, LOL. I think they will do something similar this year. The economy still sucks and people are still very tight with their money and looking for deals. Now they still might make it to include qdp for values and I am okay with that. We will just pay more and get the ddp. We don't want hamburgers and chicken strips every meal. But they need something to get peoples attention and make them want to spend what little money they have at WDW.

We did buy 4 get 3 free in March. We also got a $200 gift card so we ended up paying just over $900.00 for 7 nights hotel and 7 days of park tickets. Not bad.

We are booked from Jan 2-12...my stomach hurts just thinking they might be announcing deals for next year already!! I can hardly wait!! :cheer2:

We just purchased airline tickets for 01/05 to 01/15 stay. Hope we get some good rates. Tickets from Hbg PA were $69 each way and price was too good to wait. If we don't get a good deal for a deluxe, moderate here we come.

I would assume that any deal definitely wouldn't go until Oct. since that is when FD is also offered, but I can't wait to find out anyway!

3 days free out of seven is a discount of 42.8%.... So I think you have an awesome deal!!! Personally, I'd prefer 30-40% off to a 4/3 deal because we are planning a 10 day trip with a 5/5 split stay.... so a 4/3 deal wouldn't do anything for us... I may change our plans to take advantage of it, though.... if that's the offer.

So -- does anyone know what time the annoucements like this are usually made on Disney's website? I have to work on Wednesday... I'm hoping to get the scoop before I leave...

We are going in October of this year and when I called and paid off my trip I asked the CM when the next codes would be coming out. She said they should be out some time within the first couple of weeks of August. She said they would be releasing codes to be used for travel between now and December 09.
Hopefully we will know something Wednesday!

As an AP holder, I would not take a 4/3 deal unless it included the $200 gift card. Having to buy the 2 1 day passes for $158+tx is not something I want to do when money is tight. I would stick with AP discount instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!