theories on the august 12th big announcement....

We are going in October of this year and when I called and paid off my trip I asked the CM when the next codes would be coming out. She said they should be out some time within the first couple of weeks of August. She said they would be releasing codes to be used for travel between now and December 09.
Hopefully we will know something Wednesday!

That really doesn't make much sense, though... A THIRD set of codes, in addition to the free dining and room only discounts already available for that timeframe? Has Disney ever done that?

Whatever it is I will stay tuned here to find outpopcorn::

We are going in October of this year and when I called and paid off my trip I asked the CM when the next codes would be coming out. She said they should be out some time within the first couple of weeks of August. She said they would be releasing codes to be used for travel between now and December 09.

Just curious when did you call? We are going in October also. Wondering if they will release something better than what is already out there (although the current ones are pretty good discounts). Keeping my eyes out on Wednesday.

I don't think that a 4/3 deal is any better for us then free dining. We are staying at the cbr with 2 adults/1 kid/ 1 10 year old (so another adult) and one infant. With free dining we come to be around $2100 for 7 nights and 6 day tickets. If I remember correctly it would not help us at all.

And my last post was just me venting and being silly. It is funny how I am hoping they don't have a great code but at the same time I would love the discount. I am taking my kids out of school( who by the way make straight A's and are in the advance programs and are for the most part pretty good kids) but I know that there are people who would love it if parents kept their kids at home.

I will never forget our last trip, My parents went with us, but they flew and we drove (we are in atl so not very far) my mom calls me after getting off the plane and she sounds annoyed. I asked her what was wrong and she wanted to know why there were so many kids at the airport and why were they not in school? I said the same reason my are not. We just laughed. She knew what she had said but it was still funny. She is ok if it is just her grandkids because they are perfect in her eyes.

We want it all.LOL

The free dining is a great deal for you as you save nearly the cost of a room at CBR. For us, it's not as good of a deal. We have 2 adults and 4 kids so will need 2 rooms. The 4/3 (and in some cases room only) is a better deal for moderates on up as free dining only gives us about $60 per room discount.

The free dining is a great deal for you as you save nearly the cost of a room at CBR. For us, it's not as good of a deal. We have 2 adults and 4 kids so will need 2 rooms. The 4/3 (and in some cases room only) is a better deal for moderates on up as free dining only gives us about $60 per room discount.

I can understand how that would not work for you. I really do hope people get great discounts. I wouldn't mind getting something better but I am not sure I will save more then $1000. I think I might have reached our limit but if they want to add a room discount along with that I would take it. :lmao:

We booked 8 nights in April/May on the 4/3 deal. We paid for 5 nights at rack rate and got 3 nights free. So you could book more than 7 nights but there was no deal on the additional nights. I do remember hearing about a couple of folks who were planning a 14 night trip and did two 4/3 deals as a split stay between two resorts--so two sep. reservations.

As for tickets, we opted for a 9 day base ticket when I booked it online and we were able to do that no problem--then once we were there we added hoppers.

Is there an advantage to waiting and getting the hopper part added on later?

Wow...I was trying to convince myself that this set of codes wouldn't effect our dates since we already had two sets of codes and got free dining. I've been hoping for a deal that would offer us enough savings to upgrade to a deluxe resort.

Guess we'll have to wait until Wednesday and see.
Is it Wednesday yet?

If you add the hopper onto your package reservation, you can't get rid of it once you are under 45 days out without a change fee. If you wait until you are there and decide you need it, then you can pay for it there with no change fee. If you added it now and don't use it, then you would have wasted a bunch of money. I wouldn't add it until you knew for sure that you were going to be park hopping on the same day. It is expensive I think...$50 per ticket. You pay the same amount no matter when you add the hopper option. If you have a 7 day pass and add it on day 6 of your trip, then you would pay $50; if you added it on day 1, then you would pay $50.

We only wanted hoppers for me and DH, not DD (we used the hopper feature on the nights DD went into the kids club). I believe if we added it on as part of our package we'd have to add it to all our tickets so everyone would be the same, but once you're on-site you can upgrade tickets individually:thumbsup2.

:surfweb: Heres keeping my fingers crossed that there will be a discount for July 2010, we couldnt go this year :sad2:, but if everything remains the same we are going next summer:yay:

I don't think that a 4/3 deal is any better for us then free dining. We are staying at the cbr with 2 adults/1 kid/ 1 10 year old (so another adult) and one infant. With free dining we come to be around $2100 for 7 nights and 6 day tickets. If I remember correctly it would not help us at all.

No, it wouldn't. I have the same family makeup - 2 adults, 1 Disney adult, 1 kid, 1 infant - and did the math. If we're staying at a resort with a rack rate of less than $325ish, free dining is a better deal than 4/3 or a 40% off PIN.

oh I can't wait for the 12th. We are for sure going 3/13-3/20 or 21 (that's still up in the air). We thought about staying off site this year but....DD fell in love with the pirate stuff at CBR sooooo, It's CBR for us for sure with Pirate room. Hopefully the deal will include those rates because my quote right now stinks....they can do better!:)

Can't wait for Wed. I am paying for 9 of us to go next year and need a good deal. I was hoping to go either March or May. We will be taking kids out of school because we can't afford to go during peak season.

:surfweb: Heres keeping my fingers crossed that there will be a discount for July 2010, we couldnt go this year :sad2:, but if everything remains the same we are going next summer:yay:

I'm hoping for a July 2010 discount too! We went for two weeks this summer on the 7/4 deal - I'm really hoping that comes out again, or a 40% off code, or free dining - I'll take any of them as long as they are better than the AP discount!

Here in the UK, they've now extended the free dining offer until mid November 2010, so I'll be interested to see what this new offer is.

Here in the UK, they've now extended the free dining offer until mid November 2010, so I'll be interested to see what this new offer is.

November 2010, really??? My goodness, that's a long time! I wish they would extend it past Dec 17, 2009...we arrive on the 18th, so we are missing out by one day. We did get a room discount, but free dining would save us about $200 more, so I would love to get it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter