The What's for Dinner Thread - August 2014 (recipe index in OP)

PIO- LOLOLOLOL!

Pineapple upside down cake martinis:
1/2 cup vanilla vodka
1/2 cup pineapple vodka
1 cup pineapple juice

Shake in a ice filled shaker ( I used a protein shake container LOL!)
Strain into a glass (I made Buddy's in a mason jar)
Add grenadine slowly

Nancy ~
Nice barn....

Buddy would tell you that it is a shed. I have no idea what the difference is, but I can tell you that that old girl has been featured in a book that showcases old tobacco sheds. It really is a pretty awesome old shed.

yesterday-- spicy korean chicken (meun dakgui), rice, korean glass noodles (chapchae), homemade kimchi (both napa cabbage and radish varieties)
today--no knead french bread, clam chowder made with costco razor clams
tomorrow--korean meat and veggie rice bowl (bibimbap), kimchi

PIO- LOLOLOLOL!

1/2 cup vanilla vodka
1/2 cup pineapple vodka
1 cup pineapple juice

Add grenadine slowly

Drink and then pass out! Thats 8 oz of vodka! :faint: I'd probably nurse that puppy most of the night and go to bed!

Tonight I made a standing rib roast, roasted red potatoes, green beans and Yorkshire pudding. That's my newest thing that I learned about this Christmas. It is so so so good! Every time I have beef fat, I'm gonna make it!

We had two rib roasts I found in the freezer from a year and a half ago, so I need to eat them! I prepped everything before I went for my massage today and came back to just turn on the oven and stove. The only thing I had to do was mix the eggs, flour and milk for the pudding.

I'm surprised I'm still awake to type this. I had to have Fran help me feed the cats and pack up the leftovers and rinse the dishes. The massage was one of the best I've had in a long time. I think I will sleep well tonight!

PIO- LOLOLOLOL!

1/2 cup vanilla vodka
1/2 cup pineapple vodka
1 cup pineapple juice

Add grenadine slowly

But.....where's the cake?????

Bwa ha ha ha ha

Buddy would tell you that it is a shed. I have no idea what the difference is, but I can tell you that that old girl has been featured in a book that showcases old tobacco sheds. It really is a pretty awesome old shed.

Barn, shed. It's all the same verbage for man-cave. ;)

yesterday-- spicy korean chicken (meun dakgui), rice, korean glass noodles (chapchae), homemade kimchi (both napa cabbage and radish varieties)

Love the Korean cuisine!

Yorkshire pudding

There's nothing that says English roast like the Yorkshire pud. My cousin makes a great version (he lived in the UK for over 9 years). He tells me the trick to the Yorkshire pud is to heat the butter (in the pudding pan) in the oven. When it's hot and 'crackling', pour the batter in to the hot oil and pan.

I'm surprised I'm still awake to type this. I had to have Fran help me feed the cats and pack up the leftovers and rinse the dishes. The massage was one of the best I've had in a long time. I think I will sleep well tonight!

Sounds like a day well spent!

Happy Monday evening everyone!

Back to work tomorrow but I was motivated to get into the kitchen today and do some proper cooking.

So....instead of a scrappy spags bol for dinner, I put in the extra effort to make a lasagna complete with bechamel sauce. I even added a bit more love to the meat sauce than normal. So I seasoned it with herbs de provincale, basil, oregano, bay leaf, cinnamon, paprika and cumin. That's a bit more than I would normally put it.

It's also the start of cauliflower season here and the supermarket had a lovely batch of fresh, white looking cauliflowers. And it was reasonably priced too. $2 for a whole cauli. So, I got some leeks and made cauliflower soup. I didn't mess around with making it too complex. So it was just the cauli, leek, water and vegetable stock. I did add a cinnamon stick.

And I didn't stop there. I decided I needed to do a bit of baking as well. Apples are also new season here. I made some apple cinnamon muffins. Followed this recipe, although I used extra butter instead of vegetable oil.

http://www.browneyedbaker.com/apple-cinnamon-muffins/

WFDT?

Lasagne. I suspect I will be having lasagne for dinner tomorrow night. It was a very big dish and we have a ton left! I'll also be having cauliflower soup. That's what I had planned for tomorrow night anyway. It'll give DH a Tuesday night off.

Wednesday will be dinner at mum's.

Thursday.....will be ramen noodles.

And who knows what Friday may bring?

Have a great day all.

O yum!!!

Drink and then pass out! Thats 8 oz of vodka! :faint: I'd probably nurse that puppy most of the night and go to bed!

LOL! I have no idea how you are ever standing at the end of the day as it is. You are one wicked busy woman! LOL!!!!

Barn, shed. It's all the same verbage for man-cave. ;)

Yes, in my book as well. Buddy also corrects me if I go "fuel" up the F-350. If I tell him I am going to get gas he gets all flustered. Something about what I will do to the engine blah blah blah. I no longer need to run that errand! LOL!

PIO- you are a cooking wizard!

Tonight we are going to have leftovers. I checked the fridge, and even after sending all the leftover veggies and mashed potatoes home with Jeannie for her son along with his plate, I have a lot of food. Bud will have his choice of a smorgasbord of stuff that I refuse to throw away.

I have failed miserably at this. I don't mind having some leftovers, but I need to figure out how to gauge Buddy's appetite.

That's always tough. At least with my DH being vegan, it's just a matter of having a lot of raw vegies around. He can always snack on those.

LOL! I have no idea how you are ever standing at the end of the day as it is. You are one wicked busy woman! LOL!!!!

I'm not usually standing! Often times I pass out in my recliner chair. Sometimes with half a glass of wine next to me. Once I fell asleep holding the glass. That didn't turn out so well!

This morning I canceled the Chiropractor. I was just too relaxed to get up and get physical after my massage. I took a bath and made us breakfast. I fed the cats, prepared the bank deposit and bagged up the spaghetti bolognaise sauce I made last week. Now I'm standing in line at an unfamiliar branch as they just closed my local one over the weekend.

Tonight I'm going to use some of the leftover prime rib to make Beef Stroganoff. We'll have zucchini boats with that, and I might even make a cake for two!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter