The What's for Dinner Thread - August 2014 (recipe index in OP)

We are just having a leftover meal. Bet you a buck bud turns the meats there into a sandwich! Lol!!!

Wish me luck girls! You know I always have a bounce back in the works, and this year is no different. However, we started talking about Aruba for our second honeymoon. We are 25 years this month! Anyway, I hate to not have a plan, so I booked a trip the week after thanksgiving. I chose the resort we honeymooned at, as did Daniel and Erica. It has changed hands and the reviews are all over the place, but I locked it in anyway. I bumped it up to concierge level because I read that helps with good and beverages, a Master suite ( what the heck is that anyway?!?!?) and a connecting room so if we do decide to go marisa and family, and dan and Erica can join us.

The problem is now Marisa Erica and I work in an office together. It will be a logistical miracle for the three of us to get the time off together, but now I don't want to leave one of the girls out.

If we can work the kinks out I'll cancel my B.B., crying and whining, but I'll start planning the next one December 2018. Did I tell you that Deb and Jenna want to come???? Kady is beside herself!

Tonight I'm going to use some of the leftover prime rib to make Beef Stroganoff. We'll have zucchini boats with that, and I might even make a cake for two!

Yum!

We are just having a leftover meal. Bet you a buck bud turns the meats there into a sandwich! Lol!!!

LOL. My FiL used to turn leftover meals into a Dagwood sandwich. He would just pile the sandwich milehigh with the leftovers, lettuce, pickles and anything else in the fridge! They were the best meals at 11 pm at night!

Wish me luck girls! You know I always have a bounce back in the works, and this year is no different. However, we started talking about Aruba for our second honeymoon. We are 25 years this month! Anyway, I hate to not have a plan, so I booked a trip the week after thanksgiving. I chose the resort we honeymooned at, as did Daniel and Erica. It has changed hands and the reviews are all over the place, but I locked it in anyway. I bumped it up to concierge level because I read that helps with good and beverages, a Master suite ( what the heck is that anyway?!?!?) and a connecting room so if we do decide to go marisa and family, and dan and Erica can join us.

The problem is now Marisa Erica and I work in an office together. It will be a logistical miracle for the three of us to get the time off together, but now I don't want to leave one of the girls out.

If we can work the kinks out I'll cancel my B.B., crying and whining, but I'll start planning the next one December 2018. Did I tell you that Deb and Jenna want to come???? Kady is beside herself!

Congrats on 25 Years. That's some achievement.

I sure hope all 3 of you get some time off together. It is a special event, afterall.

Despite a heap of leftovers, DH still made dinner tonight. He put on the standard baked potatoes with all the fixings.
And the cauliflower soup was better tonight than it was last night!

Dinner tomorrow night will be at my mother's. Looking forward to that meal.

Dinner tomorrow night will be at my mother's. Looking forward to that meal.

I really miss having a meal my Mom's. When she was at the point that she rarely cooked I still would make a point of showing up for her one pot whatever. She would know that one of us was craving her cooking when the food that she needed for whatever it was appeared in her fridge! LOL!

ETA: I sometimes remind my kids that they should take advantage of the fact I can and want to have Holidays at the house, and I still enjoy fixing big family meals. I know that it takes more effort now than it did even a few years ago.

I really miss having a meal my Mom's. When she was at the point that she rarely cooked I still would make a point of showing up for her one pot whatever. She would know that one of us was craving her cooking when the food that she needed for whatever it was appeared in her fridge! LOL!

ETA: I sometimes remind my kids that they should take advantage of the fact I can and want to have Holidays at the house, and I still enjoy fixing big family meals. I know that it takes more effort now than it did even a few years ago.

Yes. I'm conscious that my parents are getting on. My dad has really slowed down a lot and I don't want to think about it too much.
So, I make the effort to go once a week and sit down to a family dinner.

.....I'm afraid to ask why.....'specially since I have NO IDEA what that means....

.....I guess I need to purchase an "Aussie-to-English" dictionary....

We are having leftover Ham....again. Buddy is working late at the farm and by the time he gets home he just wants what is in the fridge.

WFDT?

Pork Chops in a Raspberry vinaigrette and spinach. Not sure what I'll do about a starch. I have to stop and pick up the whipping cream and fresh rosemary at Trader Joes and if I see something I like I might get that. They do have a nice and easy mushroom risotto....

It's Friday night. Thank goodness this week is over.

WFDT? I caved and went with fish and chips from our local seafood shop. I know.....lots of calories but it was so delicious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter