The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread part2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be there Nov 5 - 11. Does anyone have any more info on the restaurants?

:wave2: We'll be there the same week as you, November 6-12. I'm curious about the restaurants as well, since that's the only thing I haven't done much research on.

Thank you for the tip on the A/C unit! This Canadian will pretty much melt without A/C in Florida in summer!!!!!!!!

Off in 15 days!!!!!!

Thanks for the information. Will have to think about whether or not to "request." We are checking in on a Monday evening, so it could be just the luck of the draw - or basically what's leftover. Ack! I hadn't thought about that. Hmmmm.

Anyway, hope that you have a great trip TerBear. You will have to let us know how the AC worked in your second bedroom.

No problems with the AC unit at all! It has been almost too cool! I love being cold! :)

I have had no complaints since we arrived on Friday, other than a few severe storms. Today was beautiful though.

I can only imagine what time those who checked in at 4pm got their rooms. Just not run very well. We have stayed at many timeshares in Orlando and if we tried to check in early never had to wait 2 1/2 hours.

I have. We checked in at 10:00am and went off to the pool expecting a call at anytime. Then went to lunch. Then went to dinner (calling back to check status every ~ 90 minutes.

Finally went and sat in the lobby at 7:00 pm. Got our room about 8:15.

This was at Beach Club Villas. These things happen everywhere.

Rating any resort based on the ability or lack of ability to check in early is really stepping way out of bounds IMO. A well run resort needs the proper time to correctly and methodically prepare the units. If they consistently check in large numbers of guests prior to the posted check in time they are either getting the rooms emptied early regularly - unlikely as many want not only early check in but also late checkout! - OR they are skimping on the cleaning/maintenance. Sadly the number two option often seems to be the case at Wyndham resorts. We have found far too many Wyndham's that have beautiful facilities that are woefully maintained. We have stayed in over a dozen including some Presidentials which oddly where the worse kept up of all.

While we appreciate the possibility of an early check in we don't plan on it nor is it always a plus. Getting a filthy unit (a Presidential at Grand Desert) that they then needed over two hours to bring into shape was hardly a plus. Let them have the time they need to properly clean and maintain the unit(s) and accept that check in starts at 4 PM not 1 or 2. I think everyone would be better served. Of course I also think the idea of "view" is way over rated. The units are nearly all the same (in any given configuration) and what is outside my window or balcony except for the few minutes we spend looking out or sitting really doesn't matter much. If it's clean, upscale and at he resort I want I'm happy. Parking lot or sky - the view is fine with me unless we're in a basement or looking at a dumpster. The rest are fine.

Has anyone read the reviews recently on tripadvisor.com? I must admit there is a side of me that's a little worried.

Is there a broom or vaccuum in the units? We'll be there for 2 weeks so I want to keep it tidy. Or does anyone know how much it costs to request a cleaning? :confused3

We'll be there for 2 weeks so I want to keep it tidy. Or does anyone know how much it costs to request a cleaning? :confused3

There was a "carpet sweeper" thing in our unit. You know one of those non electric things with a handle? Not the best but it got the job done.

I don't know about the cost of cleaning.

It must be really hard to clean these units so quickly. I saw the maids with their "clean kits". Not big carts like at Disney hotels. It looked like they go in, do all the laundry while they clean, restock the incidentals. This must take at least 2 hours per unit or more. While check out is at 10am, they would need a LOT of housekepers to turn the whole resort over (1100 rooms?) each weekend.

Our room was ready at 4pm but we were in Tower 6. Don't know if that makes a difference? Seems like Tower 6 is pretty self contained.

Checked in today after driving straight through from Michigan. Got to check in line around 1:15pm, up there at 1:30. Room not ready. Mind you there were alot of people waiting around for rooms evidently. Understanding it was early we asked if at all possible to get one soon as we needed showers etc. The crowd kept accumulating and more and more people were complaining about waiting.

You cant tell me that there werent any rooms available a little early. None. No one seemed to be getting a room. A couple who had arrived at 10am got their room at 3:30. A guy who is a Platinum owner waiting for his presidential unit was told he would be in 2:30 and at 3:30 still waiting. He was still waiting when we got our room

We finally got our room at 4pm on the dot but it was quite frustrating as it was so crowded in the lobby and people were getting upset. Seems they didnt have enough housekeepers cleaning the rooms for how busy they are.

I can only imagine what time those who checked in at 4pm got their rooms. Just not run very well. We have stayed at many timeshares in Orlando and if we tried to check in early never had to wait 2 1/2 hours.

Anyway I had requested high floor, fireworks view and got building 5, 7th floor. Well we can see the parking garage and if you look up you can see the EPCOT ball and we could see some of Illuminations but its obviously not like we waited for a good room for our request.

Oh well the unit is really nice and we are happy about that. If its like this today I wonder how bad it will be Friday, sat and sun of July 4th weekend

Good for you on the drive! We did that every year as a kid. We live in Rochester, MI and I grew up in Troy :)

And thanks for the tips... we plan on hanging out until our room is ready...maybe visiting downtown disney.

I saw somewhere a copy of a shuttle schedule with copy of charges for sea world shuttle.

Does anyone have a link or info? I can't seem to find it now. We are going with our friend who now wants to go to Universal one day..she has the car and I think my DD will be crushed if we don't go to sea world as promised. Worst case we do another day at the parks in Disney...not a bad situation!

Has anyone read the reviews recently on tripadvisor.com? I must admit there is a side of me that's a little worried.

Is there a broom or vaccuum in the units? We'll be there for 2 weeks so I want to keep it tidy. Or does anyone know how much it costs to request a cleaning? :confused3

I glanced over them....it always cracks me up how people complain about lack of maid service in a condo or timeshare. Read the literature people! That being said we have been 2 times and always a great trip.

Yes you are invited to a presentation...and they call and call, we don't answer the phone. Doesn't bother us, we save alot of $$ staying there. They are persistant, but its not like they are in your face 24/7.

My one complaint is the fact that they don't answer the phone at the front desk for a long time. that I just don't get, but when we requested extra soap ofr washer and dishwasher it came right away. We also were checked into a room that wasn't ready...they apoligized and moved us to another room with same view as requested. They guy who helped us move our stuff was super nice...hey people make mistakes no biggie to us. when we called the desk for this and the soap took like 5 minutes for someone to answer.

We have been 2 times and found units to be clean and property to be nice. I think with the general valid complaints you find on Tripadvisor you would see at any other resort.

We will be first time visitors to WBC, so I check tripadvisor every once in a while for new pictures. I saw the new negative reviews. I was disappointed to see them but I still think the possitive comments and reviews both on the dis and tripadvisor far outweigh the negative. With some of the comments I think you can use them to prepair yourself how to react if confronted with them, e.g. pushy sales reps, dirty room, (which I would immediately go back to the front desk and request another room, even if it meant waiting longer). No resort is perfect, and when you consider how many thousands of rooms there are compaired to the amout of negative reports, the numbers are very few. We love staying at the Poly, but there are a lot of complaints out there about that resort, but it would't matter what anyone would say, I still love it. So I am hoping it will be the same with WBC. The one thing that I really hope is not an issue is rowdy behavior around the pool. I really don't appreciate people who are so inconsiderate to others and use inappropriate language or behave inappropriately in public areas. So I am just keeping a positive attitude, I still feel like WBC is a great bargin if you shop around. I would much rather deal with a pushy sales person than stay in a very small room at a Disney value or moderate for practically the same price.

The one thing that I really hope is not an issue is rowdy behavior around the pool. I really don't appreciate people who are so inconsiderate to others and use inappropriate language or behave inappropriately in public areas.

We encountered this and the one good thing is that are many pools so you just have to hop to another pool for the afternoon to avoid the rowdy people.

Is it wrong of me to be glad this resort is getting some negative reviews so it's easier/cheaper for me to book??

:rotfl2:

When we were there in March it was all families and it was very tame. I hope it's not too wild during the summer.

Does anyone know what floors the presidential suites are on in tower 6?

I think they are all over Tower 6 but the higher floors have the Reserve units. Don't know what's different about the reserve units? We were on the 16th floor in a 3BR Pres Reserve.

I just want to mention again that we didnt expect to check in at 1:30pm. Hoping for maybe 3? Yes we were to be honest

We talked to a few owners who were waiting for their units and all expressed disappointment in how wyndham runs this resort. Not just the check in thing but some said there are many who dont get their unit until quite a bit after 4pm. They say they need more house keepers but Wyndham is too cheap. Hey this is just coming from owners which we are not. They said do not buy Wyndham and if you do buy it cheap...

The resort is really nice as is our unit. But first impressions mean alot and it wasnt only that we had to wait, please dont think that, but everyone was waiting and there were alot of unhappy guests in the lobby waiting around

I just want to mention again that we didnt expect to check in at 1:30pm. Hoping for maybe 3? Yes we were to be honest

We talked to a few owners who were waiting for their units and all expressed disappointment in how wyndham runs this resort. Not just the check in thing but some said there are many who dont get their unit until quite a bit after 4pm. They say they need more house keepers but Wyndham is too cheap. Hey this is just coming from owners which we are not. They said do not buy Wyndham and if you do buy it cheap...

The resort is really nice as is our unit. But first impressions mean alot and it wasnt only that we had to wait, please dont think that, but everyone was waiting and there were alot of unhappy guests in the lobby waiting around
Isn't check-in time 4 p.m.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter